Livestream Preview: Oracle's Time Capsule

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

I am so done with TC. And don't even mention picking up items from TC on the broken Broker. I pay for my subscription and that is enough for me. Me punching through a TC.
  2. Gonadicles New Player

Time capsules are gambling, and many places, like the UK and various European countries, have particular restrictions on games that children play that allow for any kind of loot box gambling feature (just ask EA). The fact that time capsules haven't been stopped yet without having these restrictions imposed is probably just an oversight, with Daybreak flying under the radar of such laws because this is a small-time operation. If you don't like the time capsules, I would suggest making noise to the powers that be that they're putting out a gambling feature to a game played by a lot of children. It doesn't matter for the U.S. (yet), where we have no such restrictions, but it does throughout the EU and other parts of the world, and Daybreak would be forced to adhere to those restrictions if those in charge knew about it. Just my 2 cents for those that have complaints and feel like they never get heard.
    • Like x 1
  3. Grood New Player

Some around here look like new players. Those of us who have been here since day one know that Tc did not exist before and the game worked well. The Tc should be like the Booster, without feats and optional.
    • Like x 6
  4. Walvine Well-Known Player

Via Microsoft site DCUO is PEGI 16 .
  5. Brit Loyal Player

I currently have over 400 Stabilizers saved up. But I won't be using them until Resurgence.

Instead of whining about feats and grumbling about drop rates, people really should just use the workaround for free stabilizers. It's simple. It's easy. It involves only a minimal amount of time investment. And you get hundreds of extra Stabilizers as result.
    • Like x 2
  6. Draconiano Committed Player

FYI, some time ago I asked Mepps about that, and he said:
    So if I were you I wouldn't be saying on the forums "hey, everyone should exploit the system, it works fine, free stuff for all of you".

Also now it makes sense that you made this thread, it's easier to exploit like that, right?
    Why would you complain about something that takes only 60 seconds a day...unless for some reason you do it more than once on a daily basis.
    • Like x 1
  7. Brit Loyal Player

It's not an exploit. It's a simple workaround. You can create unlimited free accounts. You can run the stabilizer event daily on each account. If you happen to open something good, then pay the $5 to make the account premium and then trade it to your main.

It's no more of an "exploit" than having Premium players stockpile sodas to sell so that they can workaround the cash cap, or players who go Legendary for 1 month to create characters with different powersets, rather than purchase each individual powerset. It's basically the same thing as running the Seasonal on multiple characters and trading the base items, rather than spending replay badges to reset the instance on the main character or purchasing the currency from the Marketplace.

I have been very open about this on the boards. I'm not hiding what I'm doing in any way. It doesn't violate the Terms of Service in any way. It's a simple trade of time for money. If they don't want us to trade the contents, then they should make them non-tradable. But until they make a move that direction, it most certainly seems that it's a case of working as intended.
  8. Draconiano Committed Player

Fine then, let's wait for Mepps to come, read this and then tell us if making unlimited accounts for stabilizers is fine. If he doesn't answer I will take that as a yes, but it isn't what he said to me.
  9. Godtr0n Active Player

Dont think that would be possible on the switch since I think your user is linked to your Nintendo online account. Howevwr a family account allows 8 users to share one so am now wondering could I actually make 8 free accounts and do this. Interesting info Brit.
  10. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i'm just not excited for this.
    • Like x 1
  11. Walvine Well-Known Player

Near 20 minutes left from preview, Wonder if it's same oricle armor style than in arkham knight!.
  12. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Dont get it, we’ve never seen her in game besides that green thing & isnt there alr a batwoman outfit that was in the lock boxes ?
  13. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Is the usual dcuo logo up and them getting ready? Cause i dont see it on twitch!
  14. Walvine Well-Known Player

Dimensional ink first cast of 2020 , it's GMT 00 17:03 = 9:03 PT runing late I gues .
  15. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Y’all are upset because people are getting feats from time capsules? Feats from time capsules are a good thing since feats from old content and pvp related feats are realistically unattainable since no one is playing those missions . It’s more beneficial than it is a detriment
    • Like x 1
  16. Gromms New Player

Would watch to see if this is worth coming back to the game for, but for whatever reason I've been banned from the DC twitch channel. Funny, haven't even logged on twitch since the last ep preview.
  17. Kuno Loyal Player

The style is a damn joke. Is this Transformers Online now? The dissapoint even with a Birds of Prey themed capsule. Meh.
    Batgirl Burnside or even Harley would have been perfect, with Black Canary and Huntress style for episode gear.
    • Like x 3
  18. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

TRASH!
    • Like x 2
  19. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

its nice to have another TC to ignore.
  20. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I think I'll pass.
    • Like x 1