Metal Part II New Vendor Rewards

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Valka Lynx, Feb 12, 2020.

1. willflynne 10000 Post Club

If someone wants to deliver a clear message, it does kind of fall on the person delivering the message to make sure it's a clear one and not open to misinterpretation. ;)
    • Like x 1
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I think they listen, but at the same time we have to keep in mind that, for whatever reason, those wishes we express might not be able to be fulfilled in the exact manner we'd like or prefer. Whether it's a consideration for business costs on making something or just a desire to keep us playing a certain piece of content (or even something other than that), they've probably got some layers to work through in how to deliver stuff to us.

They've given us quite a few nifty things over the years as gifts and/or incentives. But that doesn't mean everything is going to come our way in that manner, unfortunately.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

The message seems pretty clear to me actually.

People have been talking about the price being high.

Now you tell me, should that message be interpreted as "the price seems too high" or "we think you shouldn't put cosmetics in as earnable rewards"?
    • Like x 2
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m with you on this. We shouldn’t have to consider the fricking monkey’s paw when offering feedback to a company on their product. That is not good customer service.
    • Like x 1
  5. Nodens Dedicated Player

6. Nodens Dedicated Player

I've gotta disagree. 400 marks seems too high because the material in question is just plain UGLY. Remember the Cosmic material? Most people would be willing to pay that much for a material as cool as that. Hell, I've got it on two of my characters, and would still be willing to grind in order to get it on a few others. Unfortunately, when it comes to the dev's marketing platform, there's something very wrong with their thought process. The really cool stuff is almost always made unattainable to the average player, through the game's RNG, and what ends up on the vendor? That Dark Water material looks like the sludge monster from Scooby Doo, and that ugly, untintable cursed coral looks like Trigon vomited the Pepto-Bismol he took for his stomach flu. 400 marks for that? No thanks. To be honest, the only reason I'd spend as much as 20 marks for it is for the feat points. Without that feat, I wouldn't spend a single mark for it. The devs are finally developing the ability to give us some great materials, but somebody's dropping the ball when it comes to stuff the average player can actually acquire. I'll bet that if they'd put a cosmic chroma up on that vendor, a lot of people would be cheering. (Instead, if there ever is a cosmic chroma, I guarantee you it'll be a rare item in some Booster Bundle or Resurgence TC, that most players just won't be able to get).
    The Devs claimed several years back, that the Marketplace was basically a failure, because nobody was buying the stuff they'd put up there. -but the thing is, who asked for cowboy hats and bird heads? Nobody I know of. -Then they finally started putting some actually decent stuff in the Marketplace, but at seriously unreasonable prices. A lot of times, they do it by including features we don't actually want, so they can feel justified in charging so much. Auras, for example; A player who wants to buy a specific aura shouldn't be required to buy several other as well. Then there's movement styles. The devs try to validate the price for those by making the style account-bound. -but who wants ALL of their toons to be using the same movement style? Nobody I know of.
    I'm housebound and on permanent disability these days, so, unlike many players who have limted gaming time, I could actually do the kind of grinding required to eventually get 400 marks just for a cosmetic item like a material. -and I would be MORE than willing to grind for something, as long as that something is WORTH my time. -but that material, unfortunately, is not worth the time it would take me to grind out 400 marks.
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

With the obvious caveat that style preference is subjective, I agree with your over arching point.

There are obvious cosmetics that will be 'highly desirable' by many rather than the few and your example of a cosmic chroma is a good one and I agree with your point that time and time again the highly desirable items are put behind the RNG pay wall and the 'less desirable' or more "subjectiely desired" cosmetics are stuck on the marketplace or on the vendors.

There needs to be a better balance in that regard.
  8. StealthBlue Loyal Player

So a normal material costs 200 marks in these reward additions, and the chroma pack is a set of 3 materials. This could easily have been 600 marks (either for the pack or from selling them individually), so it's a bargain not expensive/over priced.

Also, no one is forcing you to buy it. The feat is only for collecting "a material". So you could get the chroma set (400 marks), the dark water material (200 marks), or wait until a l very likely next bonus weekend with likely more rewards (which may have a material you like better that would cost 200 marks for a single material or likely 400 if another chroma box is added).
    • Like x 3
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Bingo! Im glad someone else is using logic and reasoning.
    • Like x 1
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This was hilarious. Well done.
  11. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

In the second round of metal part deaux vendor rewards... lets also include the Murder Machine style. yes a first time that a vendor rewards includes a full on style. Item level on par with the blue 251 gear, the battle hawk 253 gear or even the damaged lantern 255 gear. Even if its 249 green gear. I want that style. Add a new mission to metal ll that rewards loot boxes with the murder machine style. I dont care how its done... I want that style.

because...

[IMG]
  12. mynch457 Well-Known Player

Is the hotfix still coming?
  13. Charon Lead Content Designer

It is. I'll inquire on the status on Monday. The fix has been in the pipeline since the original posting.
  14. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

You answered your own question. The sole purpose of the price tags is to sell replay badges.
  15. mynch457 Well-Known Player

Thanks you!