DCUO, balance, and fixes

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ALB, Feb 12, 2020.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Except the game isn't dead, otherwise why would we be talking about a dead game in the present tense. Dead games can't be fixed...because they're dead.
    • Like x 2
  2. Controller Devoted Player

DCUO 2?

I just want my 80s MTV back.
    • Like x 2
  3. That1DarkKnight Active Player

DCUO 2 exists, but only on some OG player's hard drive, who also happens to be a billionaire. And you can't join it unless you invest around $500,000 into the annual membership.
    • Like x 1
  4. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I didn't say it was completely dead, I just said its dying aka a sinking ship. You can see that by the population every day of the week rather it be mornings, evenings or night time. Hell theres usually a 10+ minute wait on solo queues for the newest alert on reset this week.
  5. gemii Dedicated Player

Can mental please get a 30 second cooldown on the bastion shield like the rest of the control powers have on their group shields
    • Like x 2
  6. SekretVillain Loyal Player

AM days had best range best melee best midrange so I dont see where you say revamp is nothing like AM days. Its exactly the same. Your just naive to whars in front of your face.
  7. MrPlumberman Active Player

I love how so many people think that balance will ever be a fixed thing. It's something that's mostly unachievable with the amount of powers, weapons and artifacts. I feel the original post was mostly focused on how frequently we've been getting updates. Over the years the devs have gone through cycles of communication; sometimes frequent and sometimes nonexistent. Think it's always better when there are more transparency in the direction of the game and updates. Just my opinion.

Also the game has been supposedly dying for the past 8 and a half years since the psn hack and the disastrous update 3 yet here we all still are....
  8. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

Incorrect. AM days had one loadout that made the AM work. It was the same loadout for melee, for range, for single target, for everything. one loadout. That was it. Nothing but the correct loadout in the correct order would trigger the AM and get your power back/bonus damage.

That is nothing like what we have now. Nothing at all. You're disingenuous for attempting state otherwise.

And don't throw words like "naive" around without some self reflection there first. I'm fairly certain you don't know what that word means, since you used it incorrectly here.
    • Like x 3
  9. SekretVillain Loyal Player

na·ive
    /nīˈēv/
    Learn to pronounce
    adjective
    (of a person or action) showing a lack of experience, wisdom, or judgment.
    "the rather naive young man had been totally misled"
    (of a person) natural and unaffected; innocent.
    "Andy had a sweet, naive look when he smiled"
    Similar:
    innocent
    unsophisticated
    artless
    ingenuous
    inexperienced
    guileless
    unworldly
    childlike
    trusting
    trustful
    dewy-eyed
    starry-eyed
    wide-eyed
    fond
    simple
    natural
    unaffected
    unpretentious
    gullible
    credulous
    easily taken in
    easily deceived
    unsuspecting
    over-trusting
    over-trustful
    born yesterday
    unsuspicious
    deceivable
    dupable
    immature
    callow
    raw
    green
    as green as grass
    ignorant
    wet behind the ears
    Opposite:
    sophisticated
    disingenuous
    experienced
    worldly
    of or denoting art produced in a straightforward style that deliberately rejects sophisticated artistic techniques and has a bold directness resembling a child's work, typically in bright colors with little or no perspective.

Now that you know the definition I accept your apology ;)

Because apparently you didn't know the definition.
  10. Balton hero Committed Player

You're wrong in the way you originally used naive. Contextually, it means ignorant through inexperience. The context you used it in and the phrase "naive to what's in front of your face" makes absolutely no sense.
    • Like x 2
  11. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Speaking of dwindling population.... didn't you make a whole thread announcing that you quit?
    • Like x 4
  12. The Anxient Loyal Player

Werent you quitting and selling your account?
    • Like x 2
  13. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

does this mean some power updates are on the horizon? if so where is it announced besides this thread?
    • Like x 1
  14. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Yes, the game not the forums
  15. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I still am quitting the game, never said I was leaving the forums.
  16. The Anxient Loyal Player

So you complain for hours on end about balance in a game you no longer play. Sounds like a good use of your time.
    • Like x 3
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

People don't truly quit. Ask Kenmaru.
    • Like x 1
  18. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

LOL oh really?

Literally what you said when someone asked if you'd still post after quitting. This is why no one takes threads like that seriously lol
    • Like x 5
  19. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

I didn't use the word incorrectly there, stable genius, YOU did.

YOUR naivete was on full display in your post, not only in the way you used the word naive, which was incorrect, but also in your position that somehow AM and post revamp toon builds is exactly the same, when there are very demonstable differences "right in front of your face."

But I'm glad this conversation led you to look up and find out what the words you're using incorrectly actually mean.

P.S. this was a nice attempt at deflection from the topic my post actually covered, in which i described to you exactly how your position is wrong.(and you didn't challenge it. You decided to post what you deemed a clever snarky rebuttal of the least important part of my post.)

And you wonder why nobody takes you seriously.

Regards,
    Hash
    • Like x 2
  20. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Only trash players dont take me seriously, anyone that know and know my stance on this game and how its handled in all aspects agree 100% some of those players are 510sp+ so guess I just run with bad inexperienced players huh