Why Do People Hate so called Style Snatchers?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mikeyb2001, May 7, 2019.

1. Shark Dental Devoted Player

2. Mikeyb2001 Well-Known Player

you only quoted the end of my post
  3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I found it ironic.
  4. Mikeyb2001 Well-Known Player

it meant if youre that protective of your game avatar you cant help someone else you need a real life
  5. High Troller Loyal Player

Allow me to present to you a few options:

1. turn on profanity filter and use your imagination
    2. place the player on ignore. the gameplay will still go on and you will never be randomly matched with the ignored through matchmaking.
    3. show them a few emotes
    4. report the player (see the bottom of my signature)
    • Like x 1
  6. Magician Dedicated Player

For me, there's often times I go AFK while standing outside of Little Bohemia. If you try to message me while LFG, Trade, Local, League chat is flooding by, sorry.

secondly, I honestly feel bad at times when asked what style my chest piece is. It's the "Vegas Baby" style from SOE Live 2013. I believe I am pretty much the only player in game that has it or uses it.

What shall I say then to those who ask? Sorry, it's not available? I dunno, I mean I appreciate the ask but I hate responding when they cannot acquire it.
    • Like x 1
  7. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

I actually think this goes hand and hand with asking a total stranger what their loadout is.

Pride goes a long way for people, some have little pride in things like this, while others have so much pride in it that it gets personal.

On another note, I have to wonder if most of those who do not have a problem dressing and looking like other people, I. E. Batman, super, wonder woman, spawn or whom ever, welcome to DCuo (though it is late), this game is much different than Marvel was you get to actually change your character and make your character unique, right down to the weapon as well.

OK, that may sound mean... anyway, some people just are defensive, not everybody knows how to change the color code or has a clue to each student others always assume that they do, they really don't check who is asking by looking at the other person took to see if they are in a league or checking their CR.

Not everyone is trying to copy, they may just like the style or piece of gear.
    • Like x 1
  8. Shark Dental Devoted Player

One might say the same of someone so bothered by it that they make a whole thread.
  9. Twilight-Man Well-Known Player

Everyone playing this game is copying something they saw one way or another. Everyone.

Do I have to accept that to play the game? Yes
    Do I have to tell someone how I created my style? No

Personally, I get a lot of requests. Some I respond to and some I don't.
    • Like x 1
  10. Batrederik Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  11. Mikeyb2001 Well-Known Player

dude i happily Give my codes or style pieces to anyone that asks
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Some view it as laziness on the part of the person asking.

Similar to the requests for another name reclaim because people don't want to take 5 minutes to think up a clever name, instead of demanding GreenLanternKyleeRayneer, lol.
  13. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

“OC, please don’t steal”
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i would kill, murder and maim each an every one of you for the elvis style.
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

like you!!!
  16. the solowing Steadfast Player

17. Awsome Well-Known Player

My alt (DetroitTiger TM) literally wears three of those styles in his DPS stance.... so....
  18. OG ELITE Committed Player

iSuperman CK is better anyway
  19. Chain Lightning Active Player

Thing is, if there's a style that you like and someone copies it, it's bothering if they end up saying that you're the one copying lol. I've had a time where someone asked me for a style and then later on said in shout chat why i was copying him and had a few ppl pm me telling me ' cant you make your own styles' 'why are you copying' etc.. that's what i don't like, reason i no longer say what style piece i'm wearing
  20. bobert0317 Active Player

Honestly, I steal other people styles all the times. Not because I suck at making styles, but because someone else did something I couldn't imagine. I've been playing long enough to where I, luckily, don't really have to ask what style their wearing and will just screenshot it and try it on one of my characters to see who it'll work best on. I'll show some styles I screenshoted because I thought they were really cool and wanted to have. (Later tonight).

If you're someone who actually gets upset because some copied your style, grow up.