Is nature the strongest dps?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by ALB, Jan 24, 2020.

1. ALB Dedicated Player

Show me a video of a doomspinnee doing higher numbers st. In 60sec parses. Gl
  2. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Guess you'll have to wait until I do my celestial updated video :)
    • Like x 3
  3. CCPONCHO Well-Known Player

I've hit 40-42k on some good crits with earth and we know earth is very average when it comes to single target. I'm not hitting that consistently, more in the mid to high 30s so I can see with the right arts and tweaks in load out celestial hitting that.
  4. The Anxient Loyal Player

Out of curiosity which atomic sc are you referring to?
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Forget the name but the 1 second cooldown one. Not the strongest sc but it’s potential is dependent on if you have Gemini healers proccing it back and forth. Using both the head mod and a 200 soul cloak means you get back 12% sc after each use. With a 200 soul cloak (or 160) your max sc sits at 12700 sc. this means you get back 1524 sc free and you only have to gain back 3476. 1 Gemini cast bring you back another 12% so that’s 1952 you gotta gain back.

Not op by any means but with the right settings you can pop of your sc faster than most powers. Especially if you start the fight with max sc lol
  6. The Anxient Loyal Player

Gotcha lol. With the powers you mentioned it with I thought you were referring to some kind of buff sc.
  7. THOMAS WAYNEjr New Player

Nature was the laughing stock of this game for so long I say let it have its moment to shine. I find it that people that call for a nerf of a certain power are the ones that do not know how to use the power. Nerf nothing.
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Lol nope. Nothing fancy just a straight up burst move lol. This mixed with the fact the atomic has above average sc regen makes it an even better combination
  9. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

Atomic prec is pretty trash tbh... Yes you do have supercharges such as radiation burn (10k) 2.5 second cool down and atomic blast 5k 0.5 second cool down. Atomic blast, best case scenario would hit for like 100-150k on single target. I say best because it can miss just like fire's fireball barrage <--- much better.

Electric prec can definitely beat nature and so can water with gadgets. Rage can with berserk but it's very situational... You will get very good msg from berserk if you are not being fed gemini, if your healers are constantly spamming gemini on top of the group more often than not you will be missing on the good stuff such as supply drops, castor's watch from a healer and will be on supercharge after using 1 or 2 berserk while everyone else will be able to maintain their supercharge. I'm not even mentioning the interrupts at melee range and risk of dying.

Now, water can easily beat nature by using dehydrate for 2500sc which has 3 second cool down. Dehydrate isn't a supercharge but uses supercharge and works extremely well in conjunction with transformation card and healers spamming gemini. Dehydrate nets you more damage than neo venom boost and is never waisted. It crits for like 160-170k on a crit and it crits frequently because you are running the transformation card and keeping the head mod for critical pressurize. As water you can also run penetrating strikes without feeling like you are missing out on return for supercharge.

Electric prec is also op but I'd say water is better due to dehydrate being a "pop and forget" power that can be used more frequently.
    Gadgets is good only because of turret and the ability to run 5 supercharges in stealth.

Top prec is water, gadgets and electric. Period. I can easily parse 40-48k with water on a dummy running grim/trans/strat combo and just spamming flurry combo for 16.5 seconds. Depth charge/Pressurize/Bubble/Phase Dodge and go to town on flurry until phase dodge is back. All prec powers can beat nature, the only times they won't is if everyone in the group is clumped up on top of each with infinite supercharge from the healers. If that is the case, well... A good nature with neo venom boost in the form will probably outmatch all prec powers excluding water and electric. Earth running trans/strat combo may also be able to keep up by running neo+entomb in the loadout.

In short, the meta revolves around supercharge generation, transformation/strat card, mobility and prec's damage potential+troll buff. Highest damage potential is flurry, period. Nature edges out all prec powers with troll buff or not, because most prec powers don't have a good alternative to neo venom boost and are waiting for 45 second to use it, so yeah...Mobility isn't a factor+ Infinite supercharge =Nature > Prec user running neo venom boost... Electric, water and gadgets on the other hand...
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I stopped reading after this. If you think atomic is trash than you just aren’t using it correctly
    • Like x 2
  11. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

If you have skill, a good loadout, a lot of skill points and most importantly the right Artifacts for nature like a Rank 200 Transformation Card then yes nature is the best dps power.

The truth is any power is good as long as you have the right build for it especially Artifacts.
  12. Rokodou6 New Player

May I ask do you by any chance do you activate any power to activate the quark gluon aura when prec dps and is the supercharge is atomic blast or energize since both are 0.5 of the cooldown.
  13. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

What powers is it better than? Electric? Water? Ice? Earth? Gadgets? Mental? Rage? Earth? Nature? It might be better than light, celestial, muni and sorc if we are talking strictly making supercharge wise. That's it. Majority powers are simply better... Atomic is just average and has nothing going for it, no dots either besides irradiate to use alongside with strat card. It's average at best. So what you use atomic blast off cool down, it doesn't do significant damage and you are much better off using something worse using like entomb or neo venom boost for the same cost to get 2x the damage you'd get from your atomic blast
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Have to retest the prec side of it since only my alt is atomic and he is purely might.
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

If you actually think that atomic is average at best than you have no idea how to use atomic.
  16. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

Enlighten me please. I would desperately love to know... But please don't tell me that the secret is to run the eye of horus on it while flurrying
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Lol who said anything about precision... you keep talking about things you’ve tested yet don’t seem to know how good certain powers are.
  18. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

Okay yes... Miscommunication I guess. I was talking about strictly prec. Regardless... Are you talking about hallway adds? Elite? Ranged? Melee?

You didn't specify under what circumstances, under right ones and semi squishy adds in hallways or in regular, sure. If running with infinite supers dead melee with healers you'd beat most powers in regular except for maybe rage, earth and something like muni running biggun or water running call of the deep. On range aoe single target you won't keep up with most powers and will probably get wrecked by earth running entomb+neo combo since it's got better single target and better supercharges. In fact, on single target you will get wrecked as atomic might by pretty much all powers that have decent 5k supercharges because in addition to them they can also run neo without losing it's value. Pop neo, pop entomb you ain't beating earth with infinite atomic blast that is semi weak at best and doesn't even remotely make up for atomic's weak single target or aoe. Most of if not all might single target powers have at least 3k+ on atomic, it's a fact.

On ranged aoe it might just keep up with most, not nature. On pure single target, ain't no way it keeps up with most powers because most powers 1)Hit harder on single 2)Have better 5k supers and 3)Can run Neo+Another super such as entomb, fireball barrage etc... Not to mention electric's circuit breaker, gadgets or mental running 4 supercharges in stealth or hell.. even ice running ice elemental with blizzard inside the form to get 10% back from the blizzard which is a 5k super. And yes, I've done the testing and know exactly what I'm talking about. Atomic blast is great but circumstantial melee centric and infinite supercharge dependent on hallway adds with its aoe. On aoe ranged or melee you ain't even close to beating nature running neo+gorilla or wolf so I have no idea what you are talking about. End of discussion
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Fair enough on the miscommunication. Yes it will not beat out the top powers when they know how to use their power. However, atomic can definitely hold its own when used right too. Both on ranged and melee. Atomic has above average supercharge regen (not as high as electric thou) which helps it build its sc pretty well to use with atomic blast (the 5000 cost sc).

On melee it can not beat earth or rage. That’s because those powers are designed to shine in those ranged. And on aoe range it will not beat electric because that’s where electric shines.

Atomic does very well in both elite and regular adds. I’d argue that it does better in elite than in instances where things die fast because the aura will drop faster (because things die before you can use a full rotation to reset your aura).

As for the precision side, I’m not to big of a fan of atomic. I have to retest it when I switch my main back to atomic.
  20. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

Fair enough... It's really just about getting first to the adds in the hallways and blasting them 3 times before earth or rage get there lol. Atomic is definitely better in elite on semi fat adds but not too fat like volatiles in PCe because other dps's will actually get a chance to drop their stuff too
    • Like x 1