Forum Writers’ Guild

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by velvetsanity, Dec 15, 2017.

1. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Need ideas for a Jack Ryder byline about the rich not being affected by the exobytes...
  2. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I also need two Vicki Vale clips - one for the Titans arriving at the mansion and the Sentinels sealing it off, and one for Nightwing and Starfire leaving a couple of days later. If you guys come up with something good, I’ll tweak it slightly to fit and use it :D
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Don't believe there would (or should) be one when the Titans arrive at the mansion, probably something when they leave, butt that would require the press knowing that that is where they were
    As for the Sentinels sealing stuff, that sounds like a fairly common occurrence (which was why they were used in the first place) so if reported on, it would be by one of the less well-known reporters

Isn't Vale located in Gotham? On the other side of the country? This happened in L.A. didn't it?

Just trying to figure out why something that was supposed to be kept on the 'down low' would attract such media attention, and be so big as to have them send a reporter across the country rather than use a local, do understand that Freya is a 'huge name celebrity' (not even counting her acting work), butt she was trying to not make it onto the news
  4. velvetsanity Loyal Player

They’re hearing about it over the wire (AP and all that) courtesy of the local reporters and they’re reporting on it the next day.

The big thing Freyja was concerned about was hiding what’s *really* happening for Tanja and Raven’s safety. Also, Vanity Mansion is roughly equivalent to the Playboy Mansion, so anything out of the ordinary (anything other than the expected debauchery and gawking tourists) happening there is bound to be big news even more so than just Freyja being involved. As soon as it was obvious that somebody would notice that something unusual was happening, she knew there was no way to keep it completely out of the news.

And yes, it’s in L.A.

Also, yeah, the Sentinels dealing with stuff *is* a fairly common occurrence, or haven’t you noticed all the areas in-game in Metropolis where they’ve set up to deal with something or other? :)
  5. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Stupid non working edit button.

She was less concerned about the news than she was about unscrupulous types (people like Felix Faust or Circe, as examples) realizing what’s going on and seeing an opportunity to take advantage of.
  6. velvetsanity Loyal Player

As long as the flow of actual information is limited/controlled, it’s easily spun in a way that people will jump to the obvious conclusion, which is exactly what Nightwing said they would think. People don’t get an operator’s manual with their exobyte powers, after all, so it only makes sense there have been instances where help was needed in getting some powers under control to prevent accidents/injury, which makes that the obvious explanation for the situation. :)
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

This is why tend to stick to proofreading and leave the actual story-writing to those much cleverer than me :p
  8. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Here are some in game clips of Ryder, if this helps
  9. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Here are some voice clips of Vicki Vale that could help
  10. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    Well going through the DC comics website, they announced a new line up for NIGHT FORCE. It's basically a team that fights against the forces of darkness. I couldn't believe I forgot about them, but seeing it now, reminded me of BernUnit's cast of characters and the setting they live in. Also, this might be of interest Velvetsanity because the new team will be led by Raven ;)
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  11. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Looks cool. I love street level supernatural stuff. I appreciate the honorable mention/comparison. I am hoping to sit down and start putting together the piece that has been clanking around my head for a little bit today.
    • Like x 1
  12. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Oooh...definitely have to check that out. Yep, definitely of interest. Only DC characters I like as much as Raven are Catwoman, Wonder Woman, and Harley. :D
    • Like x 1
  13. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone,
    As I'm setting things up with the Star Sapphire Mina's story which is ongoing, I'm planning several Teen Titans cameo segments which will include Velvet's character ;) and have her in a rather amusing scene which will have both action and comedy which some of you might recognize because it was inspired from a scene from a recent superhero action movie ;):p And going with how Bern added music into his stories, I feel this song pretty much sets the scene
    • Like x 3
  14. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Guys
    So I'm in a little pickle. The next part of Mina's story has me split in which way to go. Not to give away spoilers :p but I'm leaning on 2 titles, either THE PRIXIAM OF SPACE or COMING FROM THE HEAVENS. The reason why I can't make up my mind is because it revolves around the fate of a particular character, Nol-Anj. I wrote 2 different scenarios where she lives and another where she dies. I know she is a supporting character but I'm conflicted because the character is pretty much done in my story but I like the character so much because in the comics, she is still very much alive. What do you guy's think?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Personally feel, if her death isn't a pivotal moment, then have her live butt take her out of the story
    • Like x 1
  16. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

Hi Benz. Well . . . I'm guessing you might be tempted to off Nol-Anj because a character's death adds to the gravity of the story. As a Prixiam she is also the captain of the Braidsmen's ship and logically if necessary, she would go down with the ship during battle. BUT if you like the character enough then there's a good chance you'll want to reintroduce her into your stories down the road. So if you choose to go that route then you may want to have a retcon in place. And a good one since retconning can leave holes in the story. As for the titles, it's hard for me to pick between the 2 since I haven't read the story. I don't know if this helped any, perhaps if I got a glimpse of the 3 scenarios? At any rate I think . . .
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Guys,
    So here is a sneak peek to what I wrote above. I'm not 100% sure in the comedic parts in this scene but if any advice can be given, I would greatly appreciate.

THE CALL OF DARKNESS

Enter: Metropolis

The T-jet now over Metropolis airspace, the Titans West ready themselves. Inside, Arsenal notifies everyone, “We’re getting close!” The team facing each other across the aisle look onto Beast Boy who reminds them, “Ok Titans, you all know the plan. It’s time to be on our A game.” Wonder Girl already pumped for the mission replies, “I’m ready. Bring it on.” Captain Marvel Jr., also fervent at the challenge agrees, “Dude, get me on the ground and watch me go!” Though her teammates are fired up, Tanja Vanity looks onto Raven, who is lost in thought, but then notices outside the window the change in the sky, “I hate to interrupt, but is anybody wondering why the sky is getting darker. It’s only noon.” Hearing this, some of the new members of the team, Mas y Menos, Gnarrk, and Kole nervously hug their chutes. Beast Boy noticing the change in mood groans to himself and replies to the Valkyrie Sorceress, “Tanja, can you knock it off with them negative waves? I get you’re nervous, but chillax. We’ve been through this sort of thing many times.” The winged heroine in turn tries to explain about what Raven told her back at Titans tower, “Yeah, but…” Unfortunately, Garth interrupts telling her, “Tanja! We’re here to do two things. Chew bubblegum and kick ***! And you know what?!...” Tanja not sure what to answer asks, “…what?” The green changeling replies, “We’re all out of bubblegum.” Getting his point, Tanja nods but then realizes, “…wait, isn’t that from a movie?” However, Beast Boy quickly yells, “Mas y Menos, hit it!” The superhero twins flash their thumbs and switch on the music which blares throughout the jet.
    As they hover over the drop zone, the back of the jet opens up with Beast Boy taking lead, “TITANS TOGETHER! GO! GO! GO!” The team explodes from the plane. Leaping into freefall, hurtling downward into the eye of the storm.

[IMG]