Monitor energy drop rate... or rather the lack thereof

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Darth Piper, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Rainnifer Committed Player

It may become worthless but at least it actually has a style which is the main reason I bother getting these or old OP items :D Although right now I've been selling my Monitor Energy too because that cash is too good to pass up for a belt I probably wont wear.
    • Like x 2
  2. Brit Loyal Player

Honestly, I didn't even pay attention to what the style was. Most of the OP styles have been things that I wasn't impressed with enough to actually care. I guess I sorta liked the variant on the Owlman helm, and the Starro face was okay for a bit, but for the most part, all belts, capes, and boots end up looking largely the same.

For belt, I almost always display Fire Soul, because it allows for an Emblem to be put on the buckle.
  3. Chia Death Well-Known Player

Rare drops aren't the only thing you can sell on the vendor for profit. You just need to tune up your broker game.
  4. Brit Loyal Player

I've made 250mil just from selling collections from the Anniversary event. Zero resets. My main runs the dailies, and then my main and all 15 alts on the account run the pseudo-raid. I've already finished the collections for myself, so every single one that drops just gets thrown on the broker at 90% of whatever the current cheapest price is. Basically all of them sell, and it's been making a respectable amount of extra cash.
  5. Chia Death Well-Known Player

Ok... Why are you replying to my comment with this? I mean- I'm happy for you and that you made some money selling things on the broker, but what does that have to do with my comment?
  6. Brit Loyal Player

You were giving players the advice to "tune up their broker game" and spoke regarding how not only rare items were able to net a profit.

I was providing evidence to support your position, since you had not provided any yourself. Just agreeing with you, but in a way where Darth Piper could actually benefit moving forward. Sometimes it just takes a very simple example for people to realize why they were falling short.
  7. Dwild Well-Known Player

Running 3 alts, I did 6 raids, so far 9 alerts and 9 duos...on a week where catalysts are suppose to be dropping more...I got one Monitor Energy. Giving them all to my main toon, he needs 3 more to get the OP item...the other 2 toons have everything But the Monitor Energies...so another 160 needed...it's discouraging.