No Fix Planned Crash and/or Disconnect when Entering Phoenix Cannon

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Emerald Vibe, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Kestral Committed Player

The first raid disconnects 1-2 people automatically every time the raid starts up just as the door opens to let you go fight the first wave of adds. The 2nd raid disconnects 1-2 people from 2nd boss when they go into the portal to grab the cards for the first selections only. Have not seen this on the 2 or third time entering the portal or on the first again if you wipe.

Please fix the disconnecting soon I do really like these raids and would like to be able to play them. :(
    • Like x 1
  2. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I expect this at this point. I don't bother building SC prior to queuing in.
    • Like x 1
  3. Kestral Committed Player

Are we going to get a fix for the raid disconnects soon? I would have thought this would be a major bug to get a quick fix hotfix after everyone was back from the holidays.
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

An experimental fix in our last update did not change the situation. We are still working on it.
    • Like x 1
  5. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

So why has this not been fixed? I did not spend 30 minuted in in LFG looking for a tank and then get disconnected right as we que in. And I did not get invited back when I logged back on. Highly, highly aggravated and frustrated. Its ridiculous that it has gone on this long.

USPS4, Phoenix Cannon, start of the instance. Every single time.
    • Like x 1
  6. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

Phoenix Cannon - Game crashes while loading into the Raid.

Dark Multiverse - If a player gets knocked out and presses the button to flee, the game crashes.
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Status changed to top bug: in progress.
    • Like x 1
  8. Darth Piper Loyal Player

You may want to add to this that the problem can occur in "Into the Dark Multiverse" during the card game... specifically anyone who enters the pocket universe is subject to a disconnect on entry or after killing the unstable energies and adds as they return to the field with the card game.
    • Like x 1
  9. shadowhuke New Player

we blue screen right as we q into instance we instantly crash on ps4 idk about pc and xbox and switch but its annoying
  10. shadowhuke New Player

11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

• Like x 2
  12. nawanda Loyal Player

Any news on this yet? The DLC is nearly two months old and there are still multiple disconnects as standard when entering Phoenix Cannon raid. My friend queued in last week and 6 out of 8 players disconnected. It’s really quite pathetic.

It’s not just an inconvenience either, when you have built up your supercharge bar ahead of the raid. I’d really appreciate an update, or better still, a fix.
  13. Darth Piper Loyal Player

It's in all versions of Phoenix Cannon (Event, Normal, Elite), and happens with a lower frequency during the card game of Into the Dark Multiverse when you teleport into/out of the pocket universe.
    • Like x 2
  14. Lodestone Active Player

Well ... to use the words of a fellow forum member 'Stay the course Devs' :p
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Our attempts to fix so far have not succeeded.
  16. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Is this going to be a future problem? I haven't ran PCe for awhile because of that. Im not a coder or anything, but not being able to fix a disconnection issus after two months I would say is a problem. I know its not you, but for the actual coders/developers, having to join a raid AFTER getting disconnected multiple countless times is aggravating. Like highly aggravating. Especially if Im the one who spent 30 minutes getting the group together, get dcd, and then not being invited back. Aggravation at its finest.
    • Like x 2
  17. nawanda Loyal Player

Appreciate the update, apologies for the snotty complaint above.
  18. Brav Well-Known Player

Just adding my view/experience so far on this. I have noticed that this mostly happens to PS Users, haven't noticed any PC users get disconnected here but I'm sure it can happen for other reasons.

My suggestion for the mean time is for anyone planning to run any raids is to log out and clear their caches, then log back in. This usually frees up any temporary files and allows for a more clean/smooth start/run for quite awhile.

(Side Note: What I have experienced lately as a PC user is a random Data lost message, which requires a new login each time. I say random because it can happen right away after starting up the game or some time after being on awhile. This is more recent and feels like a server issue, which causes the client/user to lose connection to the games' server.

Start up note: when it does happen on the start up portion I noticed it seems to fail loading the second screen shot before completely loading the character into the world. Maybe this has something to do with the current issues or something with the sever itself that needs to be repaired).

Hopefully this was helpful in some way in getting closer to a resolution to this current problem. Thank you for your time and take care.
  19. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

My league does 3-4 runs per week, even mix of disconnects between PC and PS users.
  20. Brav Well-Known Player

Mentioned it can possibly happen, as PC users experiences Disconnects for various reasons but from my experience its mostly PS users.

Curious on what message they receive when they disconnect compared to PS users message. Could be a different error/reason for their disconnect possibly.

I've ran this raid a few times on several characters and have yet to disconnect (PC user) but noticed that a couple each time are disconnected and most were PS users each time.

It could be a data issue as mentioned previously, which disconnects several users/clients from the games server. Perhaps certain users randomly experience an error loading both screen shots/loading screens before completely loading in. More prone to happen in this particular raid for PS users it seems.

My only suggestion at the moment for the players is to logout and clear their cache/temporary files before loading the game back up. This usually helps most programs run a lot smoother for quite awhile.

I'm not sure how heavily one uses their devices, as I'm sure each person has different routines and device specs, which will have varying results for each user. But at the very least performing a quick clean up of their device should free up some temporary space for awhile. This will reduce the chance of a client end error but not necessarily eliminate a server end error/issue.