Top Bug - Fixed Mission objective override bug

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by myandria, Dec 15, 2019.

1. myandria Item Storage

The mission message for Thanagar remains static until your character goes there. It will not change if you track another mission. This is frustrating if you want your character to work on something else before going to Thanagar.

For example, I have characters that are levels 15-125 and I do not want them to go to Thanagar even though it is open to them; they have better things to do. The Thanagar intro mission message remains on the screen and I have to keep switching to the journal screen to track their progress instead of having the mission progress be tracked on screen.

Is it possible to fix the Thanagar mission message so it disappears when you track another mission like all of the other ones do?
    • Like x 3
  2. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

can confirm this, was trying to help a friend get his alt thru deluge area yesterday & it kept glitching out and putting the thanagar message up when he tried tracking a mission
  3. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Something really annoying that's happening since Metal II launched.

If you have a mission being tracked when you login, the objective of that mission will override the objective of any other mission you receive and/or track.

In this example I use an Amusement Mile mission to show how it overrides a Central City mission objective.

Notice how when I track the Starro mission it still tells me to go to Amusement Mile.

Going to the wrong location it's telling you to go or completing the tracked mission which don't have its objectives being shown will temporally fix the problem, if you receive/track another mission it will bug again.
    • Like x 12
  4. EP Ice Loyal Player

I am noticing the same thing that the Thanagar Mission overrrides other missions. If I go to Metal Gotham City to do missions, no matter what mission I’m doing the “Go to Thanagar” will always display and won’t change to the current mission I am doing. I’m on USPS
    • Like x 3
  5. RLW3 New Player

I've having the same Issue with It telling me to go to Gotham while I am trying to do a mission in Metropolis. Very annoying. I'm on US PC. Seems Like it doesn't want to switch to the selected Mission.
  6. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Update. Turning off the Mission Track Reminder in the UI settings is not working, the mission task/objective still remain on screen.
    • Like x 1
  7. fm0987 Committed Player

On screen it keeps telling me to go to Chaos Gotham even though I have other missions highlighted in my journal, nor does it show progress of the current I’m working on. It shows it on the map but not in the “reminder” area.
    • Like x 2
  8. fm0987 Committed Player

Disregard. I did the mission in Chaos Gotham and it seems to be tracking properly now.
  9. Ryazan Dedicated Player

• Like x 4
  10. fm0987 Committed Player

11. fm0987 Committed Player

I don’t see why there’s not a simple“un-select” option as well aside from the hide option. I think the reminder setting doesn’t work once you’ve manually selected a mission from your journal.
    • Like x 1
  12. Eve YouTuber

Same thing happening to me with Thanagar stuck on my screen. And I have to use the teleporter to get to Thanagar to get it to change, it doesn't change if I warp there. :(
  13. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for the report. We're working on a fix.
  14. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for the report. We're working on a fix (I also noted this in another thread where this was reported).
    • Like x 1
  15. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Yes, I am constantly getting the "Go to Thanagar" thing stuck on my screen, when trying to do anything else. The map will tell you where to go, but you have to look in the menu at the missions to see the numbers of the objectives you have selected.
    • Like x 1
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Status changed to top bug: in progress.
  17. MisterMeanwhile Well-Known Player

I've been getting the same messages about Thanagar. The upside is I get a Source Mark and a Thanagarian mark from Hawkgirl.
    Who do I have to complain to?
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is fixed.
    • Like x 2