Earth tank question

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by fm0987, Jan 19, 2020.

1. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

Really depends how you play and you like. Dom, resto and health can all be good... For me personally dom and resto > health even with brick
  2. fm0987 Committed Player

Well if I had about 30 more sp I could go 100 per all three but since it’s the minor component to shields I’ll probably go health/ dom first for the 10%. Maybe the remainder in resto. Or idk. Still messing around with it.
  3. fm0987 Committed Player

How bout Amazonian deflection, is that any good. Though doesn’t it only work if your blocking. I hate turtle tanking.
  4. fm0987 Committed Player

If using soothing sands, should I put points into healing crits vs attack? I know it’s a relatively weak heal but does it crit at all?
    Edit: well I tested it, even with transformation card and max heal crits, it still crits pretty infrequently.
  5. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Don't use it for the heal. You are better off using Hard Might Shield to avoid damage.

Please do not spec Resto. Your best self heal is Pheromone Bloom iconic power. It's a 25% SC.
    • Like x 2
  6. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Also, since you want to take Obsidian Chill's advice over people who play the power regularly, in his Ice guide, he recommends that Ice tanks don't spend a lot of SP in Resto (especially with low SP) because of how it scales. He states higher health can be more beneficial than a shield that only blocks an extra 800-900 damage.
    • Like x 1
  7. fm0987 Committed Player

Just looking for opinion, obsidian or no I’m not sure yet, that was just the first guide I looked at.
  8. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

AD is good but is situational unlike lbrick with fortify now. Fortify and brick will get you through 90% of the content no problem and imo is way stronger than jh. The only time I wouldn't use brick and fortify would be in SGe above 50 madness or in instances where you need to juggle the adds, then jh&unstoppable is way to go. Brick with shields and fortify is incredibly strong and you can mitigate pretty much all damage with earthen grip and shields
    • Like x 1