Dimensional Ink

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by dresserball, Jan 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. August Moon Well-Known Player

i wonder if this means we'll get more weekly or monthly streams where the devs actually play with us
    • Like x 2
  2. Wildcat Committed Player

One more question .. hm maybe few more

Any dates for beta tests of the new game?
    Will there be an option to join beta tests of the new game?
    Whats the minimal and standard requirements for new game?
    Will there be enough devs for dc and new game? I mean, how many DLC packs/episodes we are going to see in upcoming years?

and one more

Any hints for next DCUO episode?

thanks a lot!
  3. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

Any news on what we can expect to be different with these changes? What can we expect? I'd think that this change means good things are coming! I'm excited to see what.
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Sounds interesting, i will tune in to determine my "perception"... Haha sorry couldn't resist using that word :D
    • Like x 2
  5. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

Balance DW Bow Flurry ;)
  6. Awsome Well-Known Player

To me, this is very exciting news as well. I really believe that this reorganization will allow the devs the freedom to build the game the way it needs to be. The way everything reads, it sounds like (I'm reading between the lines here) there was some friction and forced actions taken in this game, and now, those roadblocks have been removed.

Hopefully, the game can now be developed with us as players in a superhero setting in mind. MMOs are not a one size fits all, and just because something works in a fantasy or future setting, does not mean it works in a superhero setting, and this will allow the devs to have their own strategies on how to make this game financially viable.

Also, Jack, any hints you can drop on us on the new project? How likely will that project affect DCUO?
  7. Awsome Well-Known Player

Here is a list for you to "note down", if you don't mind of course. some ideas are better than others:
    Awesome's QoL necessary items:

1. Fix PvP <LINK TO CONTENT>
    2. Make old content relevant <LINK TO CONTENT>
    3. Reorganize the feats and collections <LINK TO CONTENT>
    4. Fix the game economy <LINK TO CONTENT>
    5. Continue to replace old textures <LINK TO CONTENT>
    6. Fix legends PvE <LINK TO CONTENT>
    7. Player Character Naming fix <LINK TO CONTENT>
    8. Fix roles and role buffs <LINK TO CONTENT>

Awesome's QoL Wish list

9. Make open world relevant <LINK TO CONTENT>
    10. Add more open worlds <LINK TO CONTENT>
    11. Make a new streamlined Watchtower (Hall of Justice maybe) and hall of doom <LINK TO CONTENT>
    12. Add significance to your base <LINK TO CONTENT>
    13. Create alternate movement modes for super speed and for acrobatics <LINK TO CONTENT>
    14. Add vehicles <LINK TO CONTENT>
    15. Move EQ slots enhancements to the augments tab <LINK TO CONTENT>
    16. Every functional item must be able to be acquired in game <LINK TO CONTENT>
    17.More music in background (iconic music) <LINK TO CONTENT>
    18. Sidekick system <LINK TO CONTENT>
    19. Create a LFG system <LINK TO CONTENT>
    20. A nemesis system <LINK TO CONTENT>
    21. A faction (hero/villain) swapping system <LINK TO CONTENT>
    • Like x 4
  8. nawanda Loyal Player

Ok so this next post has gagging potential, but since Jack got involved with DCUO we have seen a rapid acceleration in additional revenue streams which is understandable, but these have monetised character progression which was never the case before.

With these additional revenue streams one might have a reasonable expectation of an increased rate of development and growth, and that may or may not be true of overall player numbers and the commercial viability of DCUO, of which we have no oversight - but I can see we have had a lighter content release schedule, and the long term neglect of core game features.

So as someone who spends a stupid amount of money on DCUO and contributes a good amount to the community on the EU PS/PC server through leading one of its most active and friendliest leagues, I reserve the right to express scepticism about what the future may bring, and I think that’s fair enough, even though the moderation policies of this forum may not permit me to say so without a warning.
    • Like x 7
  9. Jackster Developer

Why not? If there's a demand, sure!
    • Like x 7
  10. Hraesvelg Always Right

Right now there's someone in the office screaming, at least internally, "Manage expectations! MANAGE EXPECTATIONS!" LOL
    • Like x 7
  11. Jackster Developer

Great idea.
    • Like x 6
  12. Rainnifer Committed Player

:D
    Seriously though, all this news like this will make it very hard to keep from getting my hopes up :oops:
  13. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

First of all, congrats on the promotion! Very exciting.
    Secondly, while not at the top of MY list, I do know that if PVP was fixed/brought back, you'd be hailed as a hero. Seriously. The number one gripe I hear about this game is the status of PVP. Numerous people have said they'd be coming back if PVP was fixed. Would it be enough people returning and subscribing for it to be worth it? I couldn't say. But I do know that the #1 complaint I see here and social media is about PVP.
    • Like x 5
  14. FoolsFire Devoted Player

A company takes three of its parts and makes them into three separate companies.
    This means each has their own financial and tax liabilities.
    If one has issues it doesn't effect the other two.
    And it makes the overall company's books look better.

A good example of this is on The West Wing when in a flashback they show Sam doing liability on oil tankers.
    Take each tanker, put each into a separate company name, leverage the companies with debt.
    This way if something goes wrong with the tanker (and it will) there's nothing people can sue for.
    And it makes the overall company's books look better.
    • Like x 1
  15. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

[IMG]

It's funny I took a break for a few months and came back this interesting turn of events. I l spent my entire 20s pretty much playing this game. So it is cool to learn that not only am I entering into a new decade this year but DCUO could be entering into a new golden age.

Here's all those super strength, wind, and shadow power threads coming to fruition haha.
    • Like x 2
  16. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

A little worried here. With a new mmo in the works for you guys. Does this mean dcuo will be being put on the backburner in terms of priorities in the future? How does the future look for dcuo? Is it bright? Are we going up up and away or are we on the back 9?
    • Like x 1
  17. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Will this in any way impact lifetime members and the games they can access? I know the FAQ says subscriptions will be unchanged but sometimes things like this can get overlooked.

Any chance the unannounced MMONext will be included in lifetime?

Will DCUO sunset when this MMONext arrives? Or any news to share on the DCUO license?

Will this be the change needed to finally allow a Maple Leaf Emblem?
    • Like x 2
  18. Wildcat Committed Player

Can we get more dance emotes with some music? (like For....:rolleyes:
  19. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

So are we finally getting rid of these horrid artifacts and Time Capsules?
    • Like x 2
  20. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

hold on now! I will hold you to that for sure. There are plenty of "please fix" or review power threads on the forums already. Lets see what is actually taken into account.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.