Top Bug - Fixed Amazonian Deflection

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by madaoturles, Jan 11, 2020.

1. madaoturles Active Player

Not quite sure what is going on here or maybe this is intended but while tanking Barbartos if you attempt to cast Amazonian Deflection about 70 to 80% of the time you simply get immediately knocked out of it (you just do a little hop). I've tested it before, while, and after he uses his pulse attack and it just feels random as to when you will actually be able to use this power. Is this really intended?
  2. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

I think it's from his knock backs to be honest. It's either his slam or a melee aoe attack that actually tosses you up in the air a bit so it registers as if you were falling and using deflection in the air just like heat vision, you can't cast it while falling. Using a breakout trinket followed by deflection actually prevents this. I think it's just the knock backs and cc in general
    • Like x 1
  3. AV Loyal Player

This will also happen if you activate it too quickly after another power sometimes or if spamming it before your current animation is over. Really cheesy lil quirk the power has.
    • Like x 1
  4. madaoturles Active Player

I tested casting immunity before deflection and still knocks you out.
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Does the same thing to me a lot when popping it behind the boulders in 2nd boss as well.
  6. spack2k Steadfast Player

well the alternative would be to block break and one shooting the tank by the pulsebeam while using amazonian deflection i guess, so the devs went with the lesser evil...
  7. Ryazan Dedicated Player

IIRC this can happen when targeting any enemy that isn't touching the ground. It's annoying as it counts as if you used the power and cancelled it, having to unfairly wait for its cooldown. The only way to circumvent the issue is if you're flight and use the Amazonium while in movement mode.
  8. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

Yes. This is the answer. If you target floats on air, Amazonium Deflection tries to "lift" your character same as your target's level and this cancels the amazon shield.

Various weapon combos doing that "lift". Haymaker and Doom Spin for example.
    • Like x 1
  9. madaoturles Active Player

Not sure if you've tested this but does that mean simply detargeting and casting should be okay? Would be an acceptable workaround for now if so.

Thanks
  10. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

Yes. It should be okay.
  11. Nu31 Well-Known Player

Info is in the description of the video.

On occasion, whenever you pop Amazonian Deflection (iconic power), it automatically makes your character jump in the air, canceling the power. This has occurred for a while now, I just haven't reported it.

I provided a video of popping a CC trinket into Amazonian Deflection (AD) and it automatically makes me jump in the air without me actually hitting the jump button. This can happen whether you clip into it the power or not, and I am not being countered or CCed; it just makes you jump. It's almost as if AD is somehow mistakenly being linked with jumping. This happens on a decently frequent basis, I can provide other videos if needed.

• Like x 7
  12. Legasei Well-Known Player

This happens to me a lot too. I make it a point to pop my breakout immunity beforehand and it happens every time. So I stopped and the jumping stopped too. Please fix this!
    • Like x 2
  13. Nu31 Well-Known Player

I've noticed that as well! I do sometimes still jump even without popping any power/item beforehand :/
  14. Nu31 Well-Known Player

15. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

It's a bug that happens with a few other powers from different power types as well. Sorcery's soul well is another one that will randomly decide you want to jump while casting it (though at least doesn't cancel out the ability).
    • Like x 2
  16. Chia Death Well-Known Player

Excellent job checking the variables and finding a way to make it work- but I think we all can agree the actual 'answer' is to fix it.
    • Like x 1