Where to get Generator mods in 2020

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by mrcheap, Jan 2, 2020.

1. mrcheap Well-Known Player

I have been away from the game for years and have come back and done some power levelling getting my main from CR100 to CR268 in the last few weeks (it has slowed a LOT the last few levels but that is another thread). I got a Generator Mod somewhere and thought I should equip it. It was a Might 34.0 mod, I noticed my next best was Might 6.3.

So I wanted to get some better generator mods. I looked on google, on the forums, on youtube but I was unable to find any up to date information. I asked in the Watchtower, several times, eventually someone told me to do Earth 3. I did all the Earth 3 stuff and got nothing. I have been running all The Thanagar stuff every day and get nothing.

So.

Where do I get generator mods in 2020?

Is there a vendor? Where?
    Can I craft them? How?
    Do they drop from content? What?
    What do I do about my alts?

Much appreciated for any actually detailed answers.
  2. AquiloFury Committed Player

I believe that once you hit age of Justice..you start getting generator mod boxes as loot options. You can no longer get them from a vendor. You must rely on rng to get your generator mods now.

Edit:
    The only mods that will drop are what you're at level for and things you've out-leveled. For example, if you are say..cr218, you will get options for generator mods from deluge and below in their relevant content.(royal atlantean guard for deluge...new justice underground for earth 3 I believe...special forces for age of justice) but you will not get generator mods as loot choices in the latest event content.
    Also.. typically they are in the weekly large loot caches and in the content(at level on duty missions)
    • Like x 4
  3. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Yup... as a returning player, I noticed that too. If you wanna max out your CR you're pretty much forced to grind out the special currency so you can buy gear from the vendors. It's all about the grind with this game.
    • Like x 1
  4. mrcheap Well-Known Player

"you will not get generator mods as loot choices in the latest event content"

That must be the critical thing. I have done Thanagar so many times and gotten no mods. But I did run some Atlantis and JLD stuff in the last couple of days and I must have gotten the one mod from one of them.
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

You have to be CR relevant and be running normal or elite versions to get the generator mod loot options. Event versions of content will not drop them.
    • Like x 2
  6. mrcheap Well-Known Player

"Event versions of content will not drop them."

I have done the event content so many times and got nothing. Back to JLD and Atlantis I guess. Thanks all.
  7. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Since revamp I'm pretty sure they drop in content. Regardless the tiers
  8. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I wish you could buy gen mod boxes for 10 currency per box. It would not only help those with crap luck but people who have and play alts.
    • Like x 2
  9. mrcheap Well-Known Player

Well I just did everything I could for JLD and Earth 3 twice and still no mods. I am starting to think they are a myth.
  10. AquiloFury Committed Player

They are rare, but no myth lol. Rng does not smile upon thee
  11. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I remember cursing the drop rate on them in JLD. It seemed to have gotten a lot better in Metal I & II. If you're trying to get to endgame ASAP, I wouldn't worry too much about them until you get there. If you're taking your time and enjoying the episodes, well, I wish you the best of luck on the drops! lol.
  12. Spazz99 New Player

Absolute non-sense removing these mods from the vendors! I accidentally chose some wrong mods from one of my packs and went to just go buy some and theres an entire vendor now that just has nothing in it. If DB really wanted us to spend more source marks so ppl will buy some then shouldnt they still be there? Now I cant get a blue drop for my one troll for the bloody life of me. Getting lots of yellows and reds! But I just want health....... Nothing but curse words over this one! @%$#!:mad:
  13. merrygoblin Well-Known Player

I've seen them drop in Metal I and II, from the weekly reward boxes (eg. the metal golem in Metal II). Not sure if I've seen them on alts running the content, but definitely seen them drop for my CR relevant mains.
  14. mrcheap Well-Known Player

How is everyone going getting these generator mods on their new 255s? I have played a lot with mine and gotten none at all. Again I don't know if I am playing the wrong content or if RNG just hates me but these seem super hard to find.
  15. DCUO Addict Committed Player

My experience is that they most often appear in the loot picker for the raids and weekly reward boxes. I haven’t used my skip yet, but JLD content was pretty generous for mods for me. Keep in mind that you’re picking a blue mod box from the loot picker. They don’t drop as individual mods. When you open the box, you select the mod type you need. Good luck!
    • Like x 2
  16. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

All I know is that Generator Mods seem to be dropping like crazy over the last week. Last week along I received 12 Gen Mod drops.
  17. fm0987 Committed Player

It’s a slog but they drop fairly regularly in scarlet speedster solo. And it resets daily unlike the alert (if you only are playing only open episodes). But man am I glad I don’t have to run that anymore. It’s just feels like artificial difficulty, not challenging. The boss goes into multiple invulnerable states while spamming aoe pools the whole time. How many solos follow this mechanic now?
    Edit: they are v35 in metal pt 1, a pretty good boost even from v34 you mentioned
  18. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

Literally every MMO.
    • Like x 1
  19. DesertMP New Player

Which generator mods are you referring to? If you mean affinity mods, I have no idea. But, stat generator mods--i.e. might, vite, prec, etc at 5.x are available from the vendor on Mogo. I don't know which vendor sells 6.x and higher stat generator mods.
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The newer Generator Mods were moved to boss loot. Affinity Mods can be purchased from a specific vendor in your HQ or from your personal R&D Vendor amenity.