Devs: Can we revisit the minimum CR levels for episodes?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ChowlinShicken, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Walvine Well-Known Player

Remember most that skip have possibly v7 or lower mods so need to rebuild to v34 from weekly.
    Most are sp restricted from being unable todo old content queing or access or just skipped a lvl 10.
    Some may have been playing the content for very first time.
    Some may not yet realise they need to equipt auguments yet.
    Most may not have the time to waste to raise artifacts.
    Player Unknown Group (pug) ques some may not speak English especially in eu.
    Age vary some times you can tell a parent has let their 4 year old do mission for them while they answer a phone call .
    Non of the above should be essiential to cr relevance unless player is in (elite) versions.
  2. ChowlinShicken Active Player

Oh, no, not at all. I think the CR skip (+ free episode and artifact boost) is VERY generous. I also never "bash" new folk. On the contrary - I want to prevent new players from getting frustrated and quitting!

My whole argument is basically that minimum CR does not give players - especially new ones - an accurate enough idea of whether or not they are ready for any given content.

The implication to players with the CR skip is that, if you unpack all of the gifts, equip the gear, boost and equip the artifact, you're ready to jump into all JLD content. If you're a seasoned player, hey, maybe you can!

But if you're just starting... especially if you're trying out roles... you may be in for a lot of frustration, and not the experience you expected.

That's it. Not saying new players are unwelcome (WE NEED MORE!). Not saying the Anniversary Gift sucks (I LOOK FORWARD TO IT EVERY YEAR!). All I'm saying is a more accurate communication of whether your character is ready for content would be great.

To paraphrase my earlier comment... content may require a CR of 255, but not all 255's are the same, so a better idea of what a content-appropriate 255 should look like for a given role would be great :)
  3. bobert0317 Active Player

I completely agree that we need more active players. It's difficult leveling characters when you reach level 30, simply because NO ONE is playing those levels anymore. Making DLC locked based off of SP is stupid in my opinion. If it was done that way, there would be a major decrease in content. Plus, having a higher SP doesn't make you a better player. If you can't play your role correctly and effectively, you're more useless than the player who is playing the DLC for the first time.
    • Like x 1
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I get ya there. For sure, the 255 skippers are getting maimed in most content. And a little note that this is a great jump start for newbies would probably help a lot haha. Honestly, even tho this is your post, I wasn't really responding to you. Cuz you aren't wrong. If anything, I think they should have followed the switch gift and done cr100 with 100sp and some augment xp. Gets people to spend the month filling the old content, being eligible for source marks, getting nth metal for artifacts, and learning with other low level crs so they aren't just carried by op players. But it's a bit late now. After a long break, I cam back to seeing a skip being offered. Whatever the last one was, 210 I think. I came back at 150cr towards the end of jld. Didn't take long to level up and if I had skipped, I would have been getting rocked without learning all the new artifact/ augment setups.
  5. SekretVillain Loyal Player

My stance will remain where it's always been on these skips. It should of never been for a brand new person but for someone who has a character at that level or above that level already. Thus making the skipped character a alt not their main.
  6. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

,,,, welp, guess ya gotta lfg or league up homie
    • Like x 1
  7. Black Jaq Devoted Player

My favorite is when players can't do the memory game in FoA.
    • Like x 2
  8. AquiloFury Committed Player

I honestly think the cr requirements are fine. I am a long time player, I know what to expect in most content. With that being said, I believe that either A.) The skip should come with marks to unlock tactical mods, orbital and supply drop. Or B.) Should unlock those things for the character. I've experienced first hand getting slaughtered in content with a skipped toon, these mainframe upgrades won't magically make people better players, but it will give them a fighting chance. In order to be successful, you still need to learn the basics of survivability.
    • Like x 2
  9. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I dont do it either I just hit whatever it takes the same time imo so who cares
  10. unitedmeck Well-Known Player

The first question is yes if you are CR advanced character the variables are out weighing the success.

The second question is the minimum is fine with the proper so to use.

Success should be achievable but not to easy not the norm its a fine line between success and failure.

The issue that I see currently with the game is the same issue the game is geared towards end game players and elitist. The gap between new subscribers and old player base is so great that a person entering the game is to far behind the curve.

The game is amazing custom builds the powers even the artifacts are neat but every year the gap increases and the older vets leaving little by little the player base slowly deciapates with no new blood.
  11. myandria Item Storage

A few answers:

• This feels specific to newly made/under level 30 characters that players put the CR skip on. These characters, especially newly made ones with the CR skip, do not have the benefits of a full loadout or appropriate level gear for the event content, even when their stats are boosted.
    • The suggested CR always feels better than the minimum; at minimum CR the character has to work a bit harder and is in more danger of being defeated multiple times due to the CR spread between character and enemy mobs, which is at least a 20 CR difference. When a character is at the suggested CR the spread isn't as much; therefore that character can withstand a good deal of the punishment its enemies will give.
    • Success should be earned, not given. Failing an instance encourages rage quits, unsportsmanlike conduct, negative and derogatory feedback/comments and the terrible toddler temper tantrums (say that 3 times fast). Players who actually want to improve their character(s) find themselves up against a roadblock of older content that few players want to replay for feats. It can be difficult to be encouraged to improve your character's SP if it takes too long to queue in for older content that you r character(s) need the feat(s) from.
    • Like x 2
  12. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

1) It feels specific to characters who lack either 3 level 80+ role-appropriate artifacts, or some level-of-the-episode generator mods. The lack of Health and Power pools seems like a major factor.

In terms of DPS role characters it seems like a Might issue. Low Sp/Artifact/Gen. Mod toons using Might for DPS are instantly out of power.

2) It's closer, but power is still a noticeable issue.

3) Depending on the reason for the failure, it can be a good indicator that you need better gear/skills/understanding or it can be a simple bad group situation. I think success should be expected if, and only if, all the mechanics are followed properly and roles played well. Playing well does include power management, and extra blocks or dodges to accommodate weaker characters. I don't think the CR skip needs to give any faceroll-roflstomp capabilities.

I think the free CR skip is an incredibly generous package. If generator mods were to be included it would be even more so. Perhaps they should be included in the paid version, for greater "out of the box" playability. If someone were paying for the skip they might expect it be more robust in terms of playing content at-level without further setup.

For free though? This is absolutely amazing, as is. Especially when considering the artifact starter.
    • Like x 1
  13. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Imo healers need to be given whatever DLC gen mods they are placed in power resto and might.

Trolls need vit power and might
    Tanks dom power might
    Dps might power and health

They should also get generator stuff to lvl2 at least. I think this with the measly 80sp will do wonders imo and make the skip worth buying multiple times for lower alts despite the low SP.

They also need to have more choices other than the 8 generic artifacts, theres good 1s out that weren't included
    • Like x 2
  14. Chia Death Well-Known Player

Probably the most fail strategy I've ever heard of. Did you try failing the card game in the dark multiverse raid over and over again hoping it would let you through for failing too?
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The 255 CR skip does give the player augment XP. I used the skip on a storage/vanity character (not taking that one through tier progression) and received some golden exos to increase augment levels. Ended up putting her origin augments around the 220 range or so.
    • Like x 2
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The generator/mainframe stuff might depend on how much is available to free players in the lair/base system.

Artifacts are more of an unknown, as I don't know if any newer ones are tied directly to episodes (must have the episode to use it). If that's not the case then it may just be a matter of it being a "here's a taste, there's more out there" kind of thing. Besides, with episode access granted with the skip, that player will have access to some new artifacts in short order.
  17. Isif Committed Player

Giving inexperienced players the means to skip to CR 255 with a sprinkling of SPs with open episodes is the perfect storm for frustration. Sometimes folks don't realize that they shouldn't mix PVP, DPS, and Support gear (without experience) and that their gear takes a beating after every wipe. Then factor in that most are probably FTP or Premium with limited funds to fix gear. This is the ultimate dev troll ever. Thanks guys.:rolleyes:

...I don't want to sound ungrateful though. Anniversary gift was pretty spectacular for all. Thanks yall;)
  18. randomkeyhits Dedicated Player

Add in on the third there is no guarantee you'll get any of the feats you are after, I mean.... other players o_O

Tried for some AF3 feats a couple of days ago and total silence from rest of group, not even a "nope, can't be bothered". Yes I know, join league and all that but for now I'm uncommitted, deciding whether to come back more seriously.
  19. CTRL New Player

Cr skippers should do events & then run older stuff to flesh out their toon imo. The cr req was initially intended to be a linear process & therefore was assumed you'd beaten a fair amount of previous content, resulting in experience.
  20. Brit Loyal Player

With the new realignment of skill points, the core first 100 skill points assigned into a passive stat boost provide a 10% bonus in addition to the static stats. Everything from 101 onward is strictly the static stats. This means that when you cap your role stat at 255, you receive generally around 80% of the total benefit in the first 100 skill points. While more is always better, they have a seriously diminishing return, and basically after that 100 in the passive stat, the rest is just gravy.

For the most part, any character that has 100 (passive) + 60 (crit) + whatever they need for weapons and movement, should be entirely able to run any content. In most cases (for non-Tanks), at 175 you will see only little benefit from anything further.
    • Like x 3