Community, I need a serious answer.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, Jan 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkullGang Devoted Player

Some interesting responses in this thread.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. Awsome Well-Known Player

So I'm going to throw in my two cents.

I personally love artifacts...... in theory. Mepps is right that they can create alternate play-styles. Its just that they don't. Not because they are bad, but because this game doesn't really allow you to create different play-styles.

The way this game is currently structured, you are forced to play a certain way to be viable. There are no alternate options for gear (like for a battle tank or a turtle, or a cc troller or a battery). This is where they need to start. Each role should be given options to allow further customization in gear. This way you can build your character your way. There shouldn't just be one way to do each role.

While I see that Artifacts was a way for them to quick and easy allow us to start to do this, allowing us to wear three, means that there needs to be at least nine or ten good options per role. Separating power from precision dps, that means we are looking at 42-50 high quality (not starter). Currently (minus situational like lazarus pit water, and starters) we have 18. So that means right now every player MUST have the same two (at least) depending on stance to be viable.

Now I get that this is still a relatively new system, but if they are going to keep it like it is, we need to see more than just 3 or 4 more every six months, in order to meet the ideal of allowing for different playstyles. All this, and that isn't even addressing what everyone hates about artifacts.

I don't see a problem at all with the amount of xp required to max out. This was always supposed to be something you keep and slowly level for life. The issue is the slow rollout of viable artifacts.

I do have a massive issue with the fact that seals are only available by purchase. The fact that they are relatively cheap is irrelevant. Its that there is something in this game that you can't get in the game, even if you are a subscriber. Make it rare. Make it legendary, but it needs to be something found in game. (I would probably just purchase them anyways, but it does make me angry that I have no choice).

So to sum up with a TL;DR:
    1) Artifacts great in theory
    2) Not working as intended currently
    3) Game not geared for role customization
    4) Not enough Artifacts to allow for customization
    5) Rollout of new Artifacts is too slow
    6) Real problem is seals amount of xp, but that Seals don't drop in game
    7) Make seals rare, and legendary only is fine, but they must be found in game
    • Like x 3
  3. Drathmor Unwavering Player

Artifacts were added solely for profit. its a way to price gouge the player base. it works for neverwinter as a way to milk the players for money and they brought it here.
    • Like x 7
  4. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

This is definitely what's going on. They say it is a new system to the game but when in reality it was just an easy way to secretly throw in a cash grab. That was the true intention from the get go. We were never going to get a proper revamp but now since we caught on, it's time we get what we are truly asking for. Fix all our powers, drop artifacts and bring a voting popularity poll so they know what we would like to see down the road. A new Revamp is in order.
    • Like x 5
  5. Trexlight Devoted Player

Everyone knows my stance on Artifacts but I think what Mepps is referring to is the Stats on the Artifacts, not entirely the buffs.

Now I will argue the Playstyle part because the Artifacts do indeed encourage different builds but people either ignore them or they just follow the FOTM/optimal build which is fine but dont state they dont offer a different playstyle because thats not true. Its more of the Community than the game on the direction of them.

Controllers - They have an Artifact build to allow them to increase Stats rather just the normal Build of doing Power. They also have a build that focuses on Debuffs. But groups dont require a Buff Troller or a Debuff Troller because they dont run with 2, they run with one so that one Controller has to be somewhere in the middle which most times, they ignore the Stat Buffs.

Healers - They have a build that allows them to focus on Single Target Healing using the Priority Heal. Now the newest Artifact allows healing with the Group Heal so now they have a Group Heal Build.

Tanks - I feel were are on the short stick for sure on this one as we have 3 Artifacts that fit well so we really have one build (Refractor/Manacles/Mystic Symbol). Hell you could get rid of Refractor and experiment a bit. Personally on my Rage Im using La Mort.

DPS - No doubt, the most optimal build is needed but they have a larger range in my eyes for different builds especially with the new Finisher Artifact.

Again, everyone will most certainly use the FOTM/Optimal build for playing but dont say there arent "playstyles" with builds because there are. The leveling grind for them is certainly a wall. The Seals of Completion are certainly a wall. The Playstyle methodology is in the game and given to us but the walls are certainly the stop gap to make it fun and inviting to try.
    • Like x 2
  6. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

You addressed your concerns about artifacts before? How do you feel about them Trex?
  7. Trexlight Devoted Player

i almost feel just clipping my rants on streams into one video lol

Artifact buffs are cool, paywall sucks, grind is terrible. Makes for a terrible experience on them overall. Get an Artifact to Rank 80 and call it done.
    • Like x 2
  8. Miss Adora Loyal Player

so what are the point of the breakthroughs on the artifacts if they are designed for different playstyles? Why are they only effective until level 80? Why are there 200 levels on an artifact?
    • Like x 7
  9. SkullGang Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  10. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Oh I know that, I hope mepps says something. I know I know, I have a better chance of winning the lotto.
    • Like x 1
  11. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

The original artifacts were more tame out of the gate but as time went on the power scaling went through the roof and past the stratosphere. I never thought we needed them to begin with but at least they were nowhere near as bad as they are now. Too many special abilities that would not be needed if our powers were just fixed probably like the Oap of this thread said. We don't need band-aids we need innate fixes done to the actual powers themselves.
    • Like x 1
  12. BumblingB I got better.

The bonuses that controllers get should have been part of the role, not something you have to work to 200 to get. It's something that we've been asking for since the beginning, but it's like the devs are hearing, "You want more power feed?" Then when artifacts roll around, we get them. It's just sad.
    • Like x 4
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

daybreak's greed comes from daybreak themselves not the developer side. But honestly it really kicked off with the release of the booster bundle. But the fact is the community adopted it, if the community wasn't suede by the loot boxes they would have changed their monetization tactic a long time ago. As you can view from the state of PVP if it doesn't make the money they won't invest any resources into furthering it. There's only a few things certain in life, death taxes ,and a new Time capsule set in a few weeks time
  14. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

but you gotta pay in order to do so! Artifacts are strictly a cash cow for this game. I dont know anyone who has leveled an arti to max without purchasing a completion thing a majiggy!
    • Like x 1
  15. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

I for-see that next they will stop supporting the older artifacts which will force you to spend money to update newer ones! And before a genius says something so smart, i mean make it so that earlier ones cant be upgraded to the higher level!
  16. Trexlight Devoted Player

The "fix" only applies to a few powers like the healing from Mystic makes Fire actually better and on par same with Atomic. Other Tank powers in this example dont fall into that and enhance them. The Artifacts in fact enhance, not really a band aid. Some are that way but not all. Powers do need to be fixed but the Artifacts aren't the way for sure. The Finisher Artifact is certainly a prime example because Finishers were not doing the job. It might have taken an Artifact to do it but Finishers across the board were adjusted to be good and now the Artifact enhances it.

The Original 8 Artifacts (this includes the 3 Anniversary Artifacts) were indeed tamed because they were more Group focused and not being individual buffs like the Artifacts afterwards. Those original are barely used now because the Individual Artifacts are better for the one than for the group. Im not sure what you refer to "power scaling" because Power itself doesnt flow into much of the artifacts as they have different Stats depending on the role or purpose of the Artifact. The only thing that went "past the stratosphere" are the amount of Artifacts to choose from, the increase to Rank 200 and no real change to the amount of Nth Metal XP gained to coincide with the leveling.

i never saw those buffs coming except from an outside item. It sucks its tied to an item tied behind a paywall but an Artifact giving those buffs is fine for me but not being something easily gained by grinding makes it terrible. If they gave it to Controllers as a default, would have been great.
  17. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

*cough* EARTH *cough* excuse me.
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Haha yep, that too
  19. unitedmeck Well-Known Player

I spent more on the game before loot boxes this artifact game when replays where the only thing you needed spent more time on alts which also saw more cash being spent now all so is log in twice a month check it out get CR up log out.

Hey still subbing and wasting money they got me with the sub still but been searching and checking out other games.
  20. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I get that, but total recovery kits were only available in the market place if one ever wanted to destroy a model but keep the exos. They are on par with seals of preservation. If players wanted to redo all their mods back in the day, they either needed a ton of exos or they bought the total recovery kit. Maybe some people never needed to buy those because they could sell other materials to buy exos. Whatever the case, there is precedent for micro transactions and monetization of the previous system.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.