The New Costume Contest ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black-Zero, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Darth_Andrea Well-Known Player

A note I should have added to my SBP pics, I tried to use the Blue Royal Chroma on it, but the blues were far too dark and none of the 3 made the armor blue and the pipes gold, which is what I was hoping for ... We really need the ability to slot these manually like colors. There has to be a way to do that.
  2. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

A good suggestion. Since I had to throw it together before the world shut down, I didn’t explore possibilities, but the Nth Metal wings were on my list when I got around to exploring. I will definitely try both tomorrow. I’m at work now and I don’t get off until 8pm, so realistically I won’t even be on until tomorrow.
  3. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Updated my batman one million style batman arkham origins style again
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  4. TheDark Devoted Player

What’s another way I can get those shoulders? Net says i need to be a villain to get them and buy them from vendor.
  5. Azreaus Committed Player

Since we got a shiny new Red n Gold mat I've been trying to make an Ironman inspired look and here's what I came up with (really wish the Lantern themed chest styles didn't have a unchangeable black circle on them when a mat is applied) -

[IMG][IMG]

Also tried this chest on a War Machine look and IMHO it works better as the black hole isn't as visible -

[IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. TheOtherLeague Well-Known Player

I know I probably should have given the Royal Red material to my Jessie Quick toon, but man, this material is custom made for Iron Man, so I had to jump on the bandwagon.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  7. darth_paul Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]

Each of my heroes in the styles that I did for the Winter Seasonal.
    • Like x 1
  8. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Could you run down the styles you're using on both costumes? I don't recognize that chest, and a couple other parts here and there. Knowing what you're using now might help us other "Shellheads" recommend some alternate styles for you to try.

Oh, and for Arc Reactors, the Enhanced Lex Luthor Emblem works great for War Machine armors. For Iron Man, I'm still trying to find the perfect Emblems to use for the traditional round and the occasionally seen triangular Arc Reactor. I'll let some other members toss out ideas for those, because I'm drawing a blank at the moment. :confused:

As for the Mark 50 and 85 movie armors, I have some ideas to try that I'm keeping to myself for now. :p;)

P.S. Change your character's Skin to an appropriately colored Chrome or Robot Skin to cover up that bare neck below the helmet! ;)
  9. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Very probably I got them from the Rare Styles Vendor with one of my Villains, and then just Unlocked the Style on my Wannabat, because all of the Lantern Corps Style Sets are in Style Unlocking now.

Other than that, I don't recall ever seeing those styles drop in Promethium Lockboxes, which was the only way Cross-Faction Styles were available before the introduction of Style Unlocking.
    • Like x 1
  10. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I like it! Even though I can never get that particular chest to look satisfactory for me, even with the Enhanced Lex Luthor Emblem as an Arc Reactor, it just looks off to me, so I'm sticking with the Visitor's and Time Traveler's Chests for now.

But I am curious which Chroma Materials you're using on him? And which Shoulder Style is that? :confused:

Come to think of it, I also don't recognize the Hands, or any of the styles from the Waist down. o_O
    • Like x 1
  11. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Well, that stinks... at least until they decide to bring back SM again. I THINK all the prior SM Styles were in the SM Vendors for the 2019 version, but I didn't dive too deeply into all the offerings because I was fully engrossed in Borderlands 3 at the time.
  12. TheOtherLeague Well-Known Player

For my Arc Reactor, I used the enhanced Heroic Tech emblem and in the outfit above, used the Enhanced Ultraman emblem.
    • Like x 1
  13. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Right, so a few more character screenshots for me...

It's taken years for me to finally obtain the needed styles for him, but I'm finally ready to reveal my take on the Marvelous Competition's Sorcerer Supreme! I based his costume on the new black & red costume he started wearing back around 2014 or so when he rejoined the Avengers and/or the Defenders:

[IMG]

But what a pain in the keister it has been trying to create this costume! For such a fairly simple design, even trying to make something reasonably close is unnecessarily difficult in this game. WE NEED MORE SLIMLINE STYLES WITH LARGE, BUILT-IN, EMBLEM-LIKE PATTERNS ON THEM!

But by far the hardest part of all to obtain was the pieces of the Collection for the Runic Hand Auras Box. What a royal pain in the buttocks that thing is to complete! :mad:

But I digress.... moving on...

Alan Scott's daughter Jade has been updated with better gloves, and the Green Mystical Aura that looks even MORE like green flames than the Green Nimbus Aura I used to use on her! :D

[IMG]

And lastly, the release of the Blue Metallic and Red Metallic Materials inspired me to try making an Armored Ultra-Kryptonian Costume for my Ultraman:

[IMG]

And yes, those are the ARGUS Operative Boots. Chunky and clunky though they may be, they're literally the ONLY Foot Style I've found in the game that has Ultraman's signature U-shaped notch in the top of them!
    • Like x 3
  14. SekretVillain Loyal Player

What styles did you use for this?
    • Like x 1
  15. Azreaus Committed Player

Red/Gold -

Head - Classic Tech
    Shoulders - ARGUS Operative
    Chest - Avatar of Ophidian
    Hands/Legs/Feet - Bionic

Black/Silver -
    Head - Classic Tech
    Shoulder - ARGUS Operative
    Chest - Avatar of Ophidian
    Hands - Tech Pad
    Back - Dresden 7
    Legs - Bionic
    Feet - Cybernetic
    • Like x 1
  16. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Retcon... PUNCH!!! :D
  17. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Thanks :) The shoulders is energy,hands are bionic,waist is alien tech,legs is quickstrike and feet is also alien tech.I'm using the blue metallic material on him
    • Like x 1
  18. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Unfortunately they were not in the vendor. There has been no word on if/when they will ever come back. I would love for them to finish the sets and put them on the vendor though.
    • Like x 1
  19. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Jade is the best. But I'm sure you already knew that would be my vote. :)
    • Like x 1
  20. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Ok, Nth Metal wings and robot belt.
    The belt I love, definitely a yes.
    I love the wings but they're just not right. Is it the polish of the metal that bothers me? The solid color? I don't know but I might give applying metal or silver or chroma materials to every wing to keep trying.
    Thanks for the suggestion though because it's definitely an improvement.

Now Robohawk flies faster than one tip-wing at a time :D...you know...because Murphy like tip-toed slowly despite his enhancements...so I tip-winged along until this upgrade :D... shutting up now. :)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1