What's happening with this game on the playstation 5?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Justice League USA, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

Daybreak IS hiring Artists right now, as well as Game Designers.
  2. Wildcat Committed Player

for new unannounced project.
  3. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

Maybe it's DCUO 2, maybe it's DCUO related. We don't know.
  4. SekretVillain Loyal Player

You must be a TC supporter, currency buyer, and seal buyer huh
  5. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

bye Felecia
  6. IceRaider Dedicated Player

I've bought seals of completion yes, rarely buy stabilizers only if there's something I really like vanity wise. Refuse to buy source marks as I see that as should be acquired in game only and I support them trying to make more income as long as a better product is presented as a result which right now isn't the case.
  7. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Oh I've supported dcuo for 9 years, which they made a killing off me alone. But I dont support the tactics that have been brought into the game recently over past few years. Just seems greedy to me.

When they can go about it more professional than how their doing it. Each style in a capsule is gambled through 12 collections, rank 140+ is gambled unless you ofc buy seals at 5-10 a pop, then theres outright buying seasonal currency which imo is why alot dont even play they just stand around, because they can buy their feats basically.

Buying cash of gold sites enough for all capsule feats, buying currency needed for all seasonal feats, seals and catalyst for augs/artifacts all straight from MP.
  8. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

Hopefully it shuts down.
  9. kingmasternova Loyal Player

To a lot of people that is why they spend money on this game is for the dev to update the game that they love.
    But something shouldn't have been added, because its just a copy paste with a new name.
    Like Augments is the leveling system.
    Artifacts are base, league hall, stat points bouses.

They should have just remove the power points. Add a new tap in style for iconic superman, batman, and wonder woman etc.
    Move all the iconic load out in iconic power.
    Make the icon smaller like what they did with the load out manu 9 a cross 9 down.
    Add new taps for the banks 1-10
    1 free bank, 5$ each tap, 1st roll is free 2nd roll cost 1k 3rd roll 2k, 9th roll cost 10k
    Just have 3 currency escrow for bank cash on hand market place cash
    Free 2 play start at 999 cash each
    Each real world money you spend on the game it increase you in game cash cap by 100$
    Items would be set as

Add a donate tap with a list of charity.

Put the heros & villains missions together, could just add 2 teleport 1 for hero & the other 1 for the villain.Add the style astro alloy besidethe head style in the prime battle ground raid. Remove the outside mission.

There are just some of many things they could do.
  10. SkullGang Devoted Player

Pretty sure the game designers they want are for DCUO.
  11. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

The game's tech is severely dated. If I recall correctly, Jens had stated the games dev time was about 12 years, which means when it released, there were parts of it's architecture that were already a bit behind.

The most I imagine being done at this point is possibly opening up to slightly larger raids, or just adding open world events like the original incarnation of the Hand of Fate open world raids; which had to be altered due to memory issues on the PS3 and end bosses were thrown into instances. (You used to fight Eclipso and Tala outside, and they hit hard as hell as it was in open world and any amount of players could try to attack them - even those not in the raid party. It was like a repeat scenario of the Battle of Legends beta end event, only not quite as taxing on the servers :p )

Even the new character models look nice, but the animations themselves don't do them justice. I think it would be too costly to try to rework so much of the core architecture. Might be best to just let it be. If anything, they can hop on with the modular installs and say, separate the game into bits, like legends PVE, PVP, perhaps even each episode (where possible). Find ways to keep the game installed on the hard drive against other titles.

MHO was a short bit of competition before their CEO screwed everything up and Disney found out about the scandals. The Avengers game, while not the same kind of MMO (more of a Destiny/Division type clone), did get bumped down to September as it's likely they will be releasing a PS5 version of the game. That will, unfortunately, highlight the differences in age even further between the two online super hero titles.

The one thing I think can be done is change the lighting engine game-wide. The canned lighting, lack of dynamic shadows, and the simple geometry of the environment can be enhanced with a pretty decent effect by improving the lighting engine, or just replacing it outright. Of course, enhance the lighting effects of character/npc abilities as well. Skyboxes could also be updated or reworked to an extent (depends on what the ol' unreal engine can handle).

Warframe did similar in the past few years. They began tweaking their game and implementing new visual tricks to try to capture a more modern feel, and for the most part it did a pretty good job. Issues here would be what limitations the game engine has and what limitations the staff at DBG have to work with (working a multiplatform title is that much more time consuming and resource heavy).