Premium Members should get Royal chroma material to

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BanesRampage, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Solarbound Committed Player

Freemium members always complain that they should get everything Legendary members get. Meanwhile, Legendary members feel we should get more bang for our buck. Oh, what to do? Maybe, a particular business model should be revamped?:rolleyes:
  2. IceRaider Dedicated Player

Because you aren't loyal enuff to pay a lousy 14.99 a month for a sub... suck it up buttercup
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

With the 25% OFF we just got.... it is like $7.50 per month for 12 month.... CAN of course. ;)
  4. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

You know, if you do some digging, you can get a subscription for cheaper:

For example, for the NS, I buy the Nintendo Cash needed to subscribe in card format. If you dig, you can find these from sellers that sell at a discounted rate. For example you can buy $180 worth of Nintendo Cash for actually $160 real money. On top of that, if you become a legendary member, you get $5 back in loyalty points per month. So in essence, a paid subscription will really only cost you about $8.50 a month, which is very affordable. Just give up one meal at McDonald's a month and you're set. (Granted you can only spend loyalty points in game, but you can use those in areas where other players spend real cash, such as Seals of Completion, Seals of Preservation or armories etc.)

On a side note... yes, Premium Players CAN end up spending a lot of money on this game. If you chose to individually buy everything Legendary Members have ( episodes, armory, base, expanded vault, expanded inventory, Nth metal etc...) you could end up spending EVEN MORE than Legendary members. But unfortunately, as far as this game is concerned... regardless of how much you spend, you're still a Premium Player unless you have a subscription. And this game only chooses to reward Legendary Players. Which means, they would rather have you hooked on a subscription than individually buying everything.

Call it what you want ... debate it all you want, but that's how the powers that be decided it's gonna be.

But hey... on the brighter side... while the rest of us are just "leasing" content... you actually own it! That's got to count for something! ;)
  5. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

I'm going to disagree a bit about this being a "rip-off" for us Legendary Subscribers. Cancelling a normal already budgeted $15 payment to lose the following for a whole month:

1. To be able to spend the money we have to get what we want/need off the broker.
    2. Have our normal access to the Vault (all that Nth Metal and Source Marks add up),
    3. Be able to play the latest End-Game Episodes on Normal/Elite modes.
    4. Get our monthly 500 MC/DBC.
    5. Get our monthly 150 Replay Badges.
    6. Get our big Material Gift Pack.
    7. Get a free batch of Artifact goodies (Proxystar said it's equivalent to a $20+ Artifact Starter Pack).

Doesn't sound very shrewd to give all that up, because other less-fortunate people got a handout of being able to play the old content that is not as often played anymore.

If anything, I'm LOVING that they gave the Free/Premium players access to the old content. I'm actually getting queues for my alternates that aren't over twenty minutes! ^_^
  6. Brit Loyal Player

If you go to Burger King and order a #6 combo meal, it costs $6. It includes a sandwich (normally priced at $3), French fries (normally priced at $2) and a drink (normally priced at $2). It also includes a lot of ketchup packets and napkins, and a straw for your drink, and all those things are also technically worth money too, even though you would never have gone into Burger King and said "Hey. I'd like to order 10 napkins and a half-dozen straws."

If the customer beside you orders just the sandwich, and pays just the $3 for the sandwich, and then the checker announces there is a special today and he gets a free drink with his purchase (normally valued at $2), he's happy. Free soda.

Except that soda was part of the price you just paid. Your combo meal did not get discounted. That soda that was free for everybody else still costs you money for some reason. Because you ordered the bundle, you had to pay for what everybody else gets for free. The cashier can argue that the cost of the napkins, the straws, and the ketchup packets make it still technically a good deal, because the total contents are still worth more than what you paid. And that may very well be true. But that does not in any way change the fact that you were charged money for something that everybody else was given for free.

I don't say that everybody should care about the Legendary package in this way. I've been vocal in the past, however, that I honestly think the Legendary package really struggles to hold it's value when compared to what you can get by spending the same amount of money a la carte. Vault Trips and Promethium Lockbox keys and such, those are like napkins. I'll use them because I have them, but I have never and would never have actually purchased one on it's own. They can claim that these things have value, but I'm willing to take a wild guess that if we saw the metrics for Marketplace sales, Vault Trips amount for almost zero purchases. Nobody is going to spend 100 Daybreak Cash to buy 1 Vault Ticket and get 1 Source Mark when they could spend that same 100 Daybreak Cash to buy 25 Replay Badges and re-run Batscape twice, getting 4 Source Marks and 2 Thanaganarian Coins. The Vault Ticket clearly holds far less value. It's something we use because we were given it for free, but it's not something that holds enough value that we would actually pay for it. So trying to use things like that to justify the bundle price is just silly.

People pay Legendary for 2 reasons. Access to all episodes, and unlimited cash. And now that the economy's all borked and those of us with honest cash can't really buy anything, unlimited cash is significantly less important.

Between me and the kids, I pay for Legendary Memberships across 5 accounts. For me, personally, Open Episodes would have saved me $75, and I really wouldn't have cared too much and the handful of frills I'd skip out on for a bit. Instead, I could have bought some massive package of Daybreak Cash with that same money that was normally earmarked for my gaming, and got a metric ton of Stabilizers. Heavens knows I'd just have been subbed again at the end of Open Episodes anyways; it's not like I'd have been giving up anything for good, but I could have received so much more value for the same amount of money by not being sub'd.

That's my point. The Legendary membership package struggles to be worth it's price, with Premium players winning in almost every way. A Premium Player can get more of what we actually use by spending the same $15 a la carte than what we get by subscribing. Then they went and increased the Legendary price a few months back, but did not actually add anything to the Legendary package to make up for that price hike. The Legendary membership seriously needs looked at in terms of what the Legendary players actually want, because the majority of the Premium players are wise enough to realize the subscription isn't actually worth it, and several of the faithful, long-term Legendary members find themselves feeling like we're just kind of being taken for granted.

You can give me a thousand napkins. Regardless of what they cost, I will never consider them to be worth more than what a free burrito is. Because burritos are delicious.
  7. Rainnifer Committed Player

I don't particularly think this works, especially the comparisons. You are comparing one-time purchases to subscription model type purchases. If you had bought the combo meal that comes with the fries and drink, you should have also known full well there was also a special for the free drink which you could've went ahead and got instead. In this case you still went for the combo which did come with fries, that special didn't. Nobody ever cares about the ketchup packets and napkins and straws or whatever because those you can grab regardless of what you buy. Also the combo meal is usually 5$ making the fries or the drink basically free.

In the case with the open episodes and membership, you do still get the free replay badges and marketplace cash for the month. That's already a 10$ value. You also benefit from unlimited cash of course and access to more than just all of the episodes, such as the utility belt and lair dlcs. Those without the membership only have access to all the episodes for this single month, and even then they get longer loot lockout times than if they had actually owned the episodes. They also miss out on the member gifts for this month which include a bigger value than it'd cost for the month of membership.

The people paying legendary for those 2 reasons always overlook the other things they get and benefit from. Of course if you didn't care about the replay badges and marketplace cash then you'd think the membership is less value, but it's still there. I'm sure many members including premiums still buy marketplace cash for those seals and stabilizers and what not so it does still have value.
  8. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

the thread on the announcements page asks us to celebrate. wouldn't have killed anyone for free and premium players to get a chroma box of their own when opened offers up one of the seven royal colors. its not like it would have cut into sales on the marketplace.

it is what it is though.
  9. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

lower bob.

the gift materials are ugly unless you have a big thing for cheerleader uniforms or REALLY liked the color scheme used by Emperor Calus in Destiny 2's Leviathan Raids.

that purely personal opinion aside, pile of artifact stuff = awesome, and I was a fan of the CR boost. that's also another $20 worth of stuff, by itself, which is nice - I suppose considering all the other outstanding issues of the recent past, we'll take that either with or as a grain of salt, but still. Stuff. Tadaa....
  10. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

is Bob still alive btw? obviously he retired which is why its Drew now but wasn't sure if he went they way of Peter Boyle (frank from everybody loves Raymond, died shortly after the series ended)
  11. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

TL;DR - Your arguments make sense for someone coming from your outlook. I'm super old, though, so I'm from a time of the belief that "a rising tide lifts all boats." I'm glad for the others who got old episode access, and am benefiting from their gain as well. Someone else gaining something, doesn't mean I'm losing anything.

I can understand why you're frustrated with it. It just seems that it's something that doesn't frustrate me, I guess. The Burger King special promo for the customer in line after me would:

1. Make me happy for that person that they got a free drink this one order (month).
    2. Actually be more like their free drink being an old flat/de-carbonated warm soda (old content that barely got played anymore).
    e. Gain my child a free toy, by trading my "drink refill" usage to replace their flat soda for the free kid's meal toy they also got (now my alternates' queues actually popping and me getting drops/styles I still need).

As for your argument for à la carte being equal to or better/cheaper than Legendary, why aren't you running premium for your five accounts, instead of paying $75 a month? If that were the case for me, I'd do it and save the money. But for me, what extra I'm getting isn't napkins... I'm getting yummy tacos, chicken strips, or cheesy tots.

But okay, you emphasized that just for this month you would have saved the money and skipped on the Anniversary gift package and member benefits. That they didn't warn me of it coming would definitely irk me if I were in your shoes. Except I knew it was coming, and I was warned. I remembered that they gave free CR skips and open access to old episodes last year, and the event has been announced in the "Upcoming Events" post for many weeks.

I hope there's some way to have your frustration resolved... maybe sell all the catalysts they gave you, so you can buy stuff you want on the broker instead? I made like $80M on them, and gave the artifact cache to an event alternate I may or may not level up. With that money, I got a Dark Construct/Lantern (whatever it's called) Orbital Strike thingy, and my next SP! But you're already super good at making money and know the broker/market hustle... so I don't know. I just hope you get your burrito.
  12. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Apparently the answer is yes, shockingly enough.
    • Like x 1
  13. Terri Ashra Committed Player

Legendary is the way to go only because planetside 2 is fun as hell. Dcuo kind of loses its luster every now and then especially when it's the community. Don't be so entitled especially if $15 a month is going to be such a huge deal
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

Would you rather have no skip?