DCUO Membership 25% OFF on PS4

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Multiverse, Jan 11, 2020.

1. AKXC Well-Known Player

Paying $250 for a utility belt and other cheap cosmetics as a recruitment program seem over hyped considering 25 people got the belt (think this was the #).

PC may have gotten life subs but I don't see it on the marketplace anymore, but what I do see is PS membership price sales with red obsidian mats etc. It would be nice if PC could have a deal as well but I guess PS players are salty about old benefits still :(
    • Like x 1
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I'm not in the US So the prices you see are CAN dollars. ;)
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

???PC have Access to 5 games with their membership. PS4 to 1 game.

How is that the short end of the stick?
  4. AKXC Well-Known Player

Who's actually going to play the other games? I sure am not.
    • Like x 2
  5. Ekart Committed Player

I don't play other DB games and have 0 interest to start playing them. Maybe I'm wrong, but this is like for 99% of PC DCUO players.
    • Like x 1
  6. Mazahs Loyal Player

Clearly didn't read my second reply back to OP.
    I don't disagree that all should get the same. The truth is they don't and I showed (2) major ones we (PS) did not receive.
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

As a business owner who used to own and operate a wholesale manufacturing business, I know that negotiating, coordinating and/or implement a uniform sale throughout different distribution channels can be very tricky. My guess is that the reason it can be offered via Playstation and not PC has something to do with the non-common denominators, Sony and Microsoft. It was probably determined not to make business sense to offer any membership sale at all unless the cost is subsidized by a distribution partner, in this case Sony and Microsoft.

However, while I can't claim to know the nuts and bolts of their revenue model or sales & marketing initiatives, even with my background and experience in business it's difficult to imagine a scenario where the positives outweigh the negative optics of a sale that excludes two of their four customer platform segments which I would guess make up between 20% and 30% of their total customer base.
    • Like x 1
  8. The Equalizer Well-Known Player

I wish there was a lifetime membership option for console (PS4). I get the wallet limitation but there must be a way to make it happen. Maybe make it available through marketplace cash?

I would subscribe day one.