No offense daybreak...but the cr “gift” is broken

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AJPro, Jan 12, 2020.

1. ChowlinShicken Active Player

And those salvaging/mods feats - I think there's like 10-12 SP's worth of them? I forgot what the trigger was, but I got them the day after I skipped my alt :D
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not 'broken'. Do I agree some stuff could come with it to make it better? Sure...but I think a lot of people who are asking for more SP are really just looking to get the feats done that they also have not done on their main (like LPVE, PVP or certain 'grind' feats). I also think that anyone who thinks you can use one of these skip tokens even if you did buy over the SP from a main toon (assuming this is not your first and only toon on the account...some are) then jump into Elite runs, is delusional. You are still missing a lot unless you expect a carry....if you are getting a carry, what you get will work. For regular runs the lack of Orbital, SD, tactical mods (also a problem), artifacts and augments + the only 77 SP will work, but be prepared to be a 5th place DPS or 2nd string healer/troll for a while.

But it's not 'broken'. Just could be better.

BTW...I ran my 255CR jumped up toon through the JLD raids the other day. I did have my base equipment running (saved 40 pre-revamp cat boxes for just such an emergency) and bought about 18-20 SP off my main so I could max 2 weapon trees + 1WM + all the crits + some points in flight for super and resistances and did just fine. I did the lowest DPS, but stayed upright and did the most pickups. It's not quite 'riduclous', as you say. If I were buying one of these for cash I might expect more, but for free....it did the job.

Reinheld
  3. BumblingB I got better.

You have a character with 245 skill points, the intent of these boosts are to make it easier to catch up not to skip all content. (Of course there are whales that do that.) You are going to spend the $50+ dollars to boost an alt, you can use $100 to boost the SP from feat purchases.

You can also go through old content and collect feats. As Mepps said.
    • Like x 2
  4. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

I have know a few people like that. One is relative and two friends. I find it hilarious 9/10 times and the other 1/10, depending on what that is about can grate on me. Bottom line to them and those like them... Laugh at'em and F-em.

I always look forward to the annual CR skip gift, though selfishly I wish we got two per year like the first year they did the CR gift skip. This year I made me a HL toon. It'll mostly be used as a mark, event runner, collection farmer and storage bank until I feel comfy enough with the power to mix in some replay badges on him to unlock feats/sps.
    • Like x 1
  5. SilkyPawz Bunny

Not to be rude or anything, maybe a wrong start to my response. Not many will agree with me but here goes.

At some point this whole system needs to be redone. New players get shocked or shamed with the toxic community (git guud) who has 500+ skill points now, NO ONE Runs old content because you won't reconsider removing cr relevancy there is no point in running it and very very few people in this game do. New players don't stick around or the very very very few that do have friends that help them, the community is getting smaller and smaller.

1 If you can't or don't fix PVP why not sell pvp skill points in the Marketplace another source of revenue.
    2 Why not sell older content with skill point boxes like Sons of Trigon all older content no one runs.
    3 Make older content worth running if your already selling source marks in the marketplace.

Events don't even give half the feats you need in this game , with new dlc make feats available in both event and regular versions available to all.

There has to be a better system for New Players to earn / buy skill points and make them want to stick around.
    Thank you.
    • Like x 4
  6. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Hate to burst your bubble but just because some have over 500 doesn't mean alot do. U should really say 400^. But other then that good points
  7. Solarbound Committed Player

I'm in the 400 SP club as a long time paying member and I even agree with the OP. Regardless of what the product is titled, the SP included is still a part of the package. Wouldn't you at least think that as each CR Skip package increases, the SP included should increase, too? Not saying they should give a whole boat load of SP in the 300's or anything. But, at least an amount that scales enough to provide a realer chance of survivability. I'm sorry, 255 CR with only 77 SP just doesn't get it done. Too many raid groups have suffered because of players relying solely on these CR skips who are lead to believe they're ready for the relevant content when they're not by any means. I would at least suggest that each package tier should have an additional 25 SP or so from the other.
  8. SilkyPawz Bunny

Thank you, I have 500+ along with all of my league mates sorry to burst your bubble ..lol

I feel for new players or returning ones, the system should be better for all players.
    • Like x 1
  9. BumblingB I got better.

In their defense, they did increase the amount given. Very first one was like 30 sp I believe? (Maybe less.)
  10. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Still makes us the minority though. Still say 400^ would he better point
  11. AJPro Committed Player

My point was degree not totality. I.e. using another’s analogy ...if i was invited to a dinner and all they had was spoiled wine to drink...yes i would complain...why do nice thing like a dinner and skimp on the drinks. So my sp criticism was in that bent. HOWEVER mepps gave awesome answer on why 100 cr buff has same sp as 255 cr. So, consider my post answered, I understand the context and thank you for the gift.
    • Like x 1
  12. Solarbound Committed Player

Are you sure? That seems false. I could've sworn every package always included 77 SP. The point remains that every tier package should have an increase of SP from the last, regardless.
  13. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Nope
    Its
    been 77 Sp Since they Started doing this Skip Cr
  14. Belthazur Dedicated Player

I agree
    There are Several Feats that can be given WITHOUT touching the Episodes
    Give ALL Races
    Give Remaining R&D
    Maybe even some Entry Level LPvE/PvP
  15. Proxystar #Perception

I wonder if another solution would be to remove CR relevancy and reward players for running as much content and all and any content as much as possible.

If pricing has to change a little so be it but that would be a primary way to push players back into all content.
    • Like x 2
  16. Solarbound Committed Player

Yep, you're onto something there. Despite how they could go about including more SP, it still should be done to some capacity.
    • Like x 1
  17. Mazahs Loyal Player

SP is just as important as gear... Sound familiar?
    It should becuase that has what has always been preached by both the community and Devs.

I'm not saying give 400sp. but it should match or be very close.
    What you are giving as a loyalty reward isn't even a glass cannon TBH. Those members that take it likley will spend $20-$30 just in feat unlocks to get their toons to basic levels. I appreciate it I do, but c'mon this is kinda crummy.
    • Like x 2
  18. Zamara Dedicated Player

Actually the 100 skip had 61 SP, then they added like 15SP with the 170 one making it 76 and seems like they've been adding 1SP each time (wiki says 85 SP came with the 210 skip but that doesn't sound right) 210 had 77 and this 255 skip seems to be 78
    • Like x 1
  19. BumblingB I got better.

I just did some research. It was 60. I think what I'm thinking of is the advanced to 25 or 30. But it was indeed less than what we get now for the CR100 boost. (Which was during the stats didn't matter and CR was king AM time period.)

Here's a video:

3:48
    • Like x 1
  20. Belthazur Dedicated Player

I stan Corrected. I thought it was 77 From Day 1 My Mistake
    Thank You for the Update
    • Like x 1