Premium Members should get Royal chroma material to

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BanesRampage, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

just to nerd things up a bit.... when it comes to this game I treat it much like I would treat a deal with Ferengi(Star Trek race for those that don't know) which is summed up by "Let the buyer beware".

now to clarify things.... we all sat down one day and did the math on what would work out better for us, as responsible adults we kind of have to. we also have to deal with the results of our decision, whatever they may be and only we can change how we game.
    • Like x 2
  2. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

Considering the cost of the Champions Material Pack and the Iridescent Material on the Marketplace... I don't think someone spending only $5 should get the Royal Chroma Pack.
    • Like x 4
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Well then the materials aren't worht it to you either. Want Member perks, become a member. It's not rocket science.
    • Like x 4
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You literally get what you pay for. Your "feelings" (even if encouraged by others) are your responsibility. Own it, move on to other issues in the game.
    • Like x 1
  5. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

Is funny cos you are distorting what he said, he dont want ALL MEMBER'S BENEFITS he just want something, whatever it is... this game have what? 8 years alive? and what PREMIUM MEMBERS had in 8 years? 1k extra cash? cmon, and the most hurtful about that is that 1k extra wasnt even because for being premium was for the nintendo switch FREE MEMBERS!... If you cant accept that is absurd and they are treated like trash... you are blind my friend.
  6. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

Basically that is putting a price on your freedom to choose, it is a bit sad we all know that the game is not worth even 5 dollars per month, on the other hand there are people who would like to pay those 15 dollars but their economic situation does not allow them to do it so either be minors or due to the limitations existing in your country, for example did you know that in Argentina an additional 30% of the total cost is imposed? that is, those members would be paying more than you for the same service.
  7. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

That isnt true, all players received this open episodes, is not premium exclusive thing... is for all... Legendarys can stop paying the membership for this month and they will receive this gift anyway...
  8. nawanda Loyal Player

The game couldn’t exist without the money from memberships.

The producers of the game need to create ways to make membership an attractive option to non-members.

Judging by your post, job done in this instance.
    • Like x 2
  9. Brit Loyal Player

No. Unfortunately we cannot. It was not announced in advance, and while we certainly can cancel our subscriptions, we cannot cause that cancelation to go into effect today. Mine renewed on the 6th. I can cancel right now, but they still billed me for access to Episodes that were up for free, and the cancelation will not happen until the expiration of the current cycle, which is after the event ends.

If they announced it ahead of time, then by all means you would be correct. And if they had announced it ahead of time, I would 100% have cancelled my Legendary subscription for the duration and instead spent that $15 on a different element of the game. I would not have paid $15 for some random no-feat Materials, because all they do is reduce customization by not letting you control your own color palette. But instead, they gave us this bait and switch, where we paid money for Episode access, they took our money, and then they gave us some lame materials to make up for the fact that they charged us money for something that was free.

I would be equally annoyed if Olive Garden charged me $10 for the free breadsticks, or La Hacienda charged me $10 for the free chips and salsa. Daybreak charged us money for something that was free, and did not let us know it was free until after they had taken our money, and then they gave us a consolation prize that was not what we paid for, and we're not only supposed to be happy about it, but we're supposed to feel sorry that the customers who DIDN'T get ripped off also didn't get our lousy consolation prize.

Premium Players got everything they paid for. It was the Legendary Members who got hosed on this deal. They took our money as a part of a bait-and-switch play. We paid for one thing; they took our money and then they gave us something else entirely.
  10. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Come on, now... the answer's obvious. Gifts like these have two purposes....

1) To thank those who are subscribed members.
    2) To incentivize those who aren't members to become one.
    • Like x 4
  11. Rejchadar Inquisitor

You are not honest, you well know that the gift is not only materials (I personally put mine in the far corner of shared bank, for a new alt if I do this), it is also 180 k xp for artifacts, 4 seals of preservation, 1 nth metal detectror, 1 artifact cache, and I don’t remember how much catalyst . This is more than 15 dolars.
    • Like x 2
  12. DCUO Addict Committed Player

This statement makes no sense to me. Your opinion is that the game is bad and the gifts are poor, and that is why you do not have a membership. That is logical. So what is your complaint? In what way are premium players treated like garbage?

If you factor everything in that comes from a monthly membership in January, it's worth more than $11.24 on PS & X-Box/ $15 on PC & Switch (or even $20, if you live in a country where there are added fees). While I personally love the chromas for some of my characters, the value of the chromas are subjective, so I'm not including that. The 500 DC, 150 RB, and content of the member appreciation gift add up to more than $20.
    [IMG]
    (This gif isn't meant to be snarky - I just love this scene! :D)

As I do any time I want a member gift or access to episodes I don't have or month-long access to all my cash, I'll be subbing happily my premium account this month.
    • Like x 3
  13. L T Devoted Player

Premium Players do, in fact, support the game. And they are, in fact, treated like trash a lot of the time. The cash cap is stupid.
    That having been said...
    I'll just quote Zoe instead of repeating all that she said, because she's dead on: there have to be perks for subscribing, and this is one of them.

Personally, I think the chromas should be added to the marketplace for 5-10 each, so premium players can obtain them and Subscribers can get them for Alts, but that's another discussion.
    • Like x 4
  14. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

sorry to derail for a moment but is the gif from the newer Trek show? Discovery I believe is the name...
  15. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

I believe it is, yes.
    • Like x 2
  16. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

How about a middle ground? As a member I got all the perks of course, but I would have NO problem with Premiums getting one of those Chroma packs on a random basis.

It would have been a nice gesture and would certainly not lessen the Member Perks as a value.

BTW IMO Permium players are NOT treated like trash. There is an old saying "You get what you pay for". The more Daybreak rewards players at a Premium level, the more they devalue Legendary Membership. It is a BUSINESS to Daybreak, not a game. Which is as it should be. If they ran the game with a "Player mentality" everyone would get everything free and there would shortly be no game at all.

Having said that, to your point about the cash cap, I have no objections to a 25K cap just as a COLA increase.
  17. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Come on now. If you keep resorting to common sense arguments, you're gonna alienate a whole bunch of people! ';)
    • Like x 2
  18. Walvine Well-Known Player

To understand why 3,000 is an issue for premium users , next time you use a Schematic, RnD npc vendor , or recharge your mainframe cells note down the prices some content from vendors from purchased episodes can not even be purchased with 3,000.
    Those chroma are technically not free or gifts the classification is 15 dolla Status LURE'S , Doubt I'd even use them to any existing chroma I use now but most otheres may prefer static styles over animated on old style pieces .
  19. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

Is not my complaint, is empathy.

In the moment they decide to make 3 separate and individual ranges of membership, they also decide to give more to those who pay more, unfortunately for premiums they have the same (or worth) treatment than a free player, the only difference between those type of membership are the extra 1k for premiums. As the owner of the thread said, the premiums also support the game, maybe not so harder or constantly than legendary but for sure more than a free player who spent (with luck) just $10 in 8 years... if that isnt treat premium like garbage what is it then? free players have more benefits than premiums... thats is like premiums had more benefits than legendarys, that dont happen and will never happen, but is happening between premiums and free players.

Is time to show more love to premiums, for example, this guy complain about the material? ok so give to the legendarys 1 kind of material like something really awesome and maybe other less awesome for premiums and none to free, or give 10 to legendarys and 1 to premiums and none for free, idk just saying ideas... in this scene the only beneficiaries were the free players because legendarys have all access and most of the premiums have all dlc's so... premiums doesnt care about "open dlc" things, premiums dont take any, but free players get all and legendarys got the materials, again premiums none. I insist in 8 fkn years the only thing they had was 1k cash extra, and wasnt even for they was for, again, help the new free players on nintendo switch, those were mepps words... really still thinking they have what the paid for? really still thinking premius havent being treated like garbage? in this game being premium is like if your cash havent any value...
  20. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Chroma packs are ok but they only had seven colors and if you have a character that doesn't use any of those colors, then they were sort of useless in a way.