Premium Members should get Royal chroma material to

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BanesRampage, Jan 11, 2020.

1. BanesRampage Well-Known Player

How come we didn’t get the free materials I swear premium players always get treated like trash and cash cap of 3000 absurdity we support the game to they could of at least gave us that I have all dlcs and legends even the lair system and we have nothing to show for it
  2. Eve YouTuber

Hm yes you support the game, but you are not Members. Members pay monthly\yearly (or bought the lifetime membership),
    And of course Members will get more perks for being members. Premium is just premium not "Members". It's like wanting a club's perks without joining the club. Premium is still almost free as you don't have ongoing subscription, therefore you are not a member and not entitled to get everything. Join the club, get more stuff.
    • Like x 15
  3. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

You do have something to show for. It's called the CR 255 skip with a free episode and an updated hera's strength 2020 style.

If you want the materials, spend the extra $15 and you won't have to "worry about being treated like trash".

Premiums pay for all that stuff because you choose to and you also get to keep it. Nobody's telling you to buy all DLC's, Legends, and the Lair system. As a matter of fact, had you saved that money; you could've gotten the bulk of it included in your sub for $15.

If your gonna shell out for all DLC, Legends, and the lair system. Surely another $15 isn't going to hurt you, when that $15 is way more cheaper than buying all of that stuff you mentioned as a premium.
    • Like x 6
  4. Rainnifer Committed Player

^^^ What she said, it only takes $5 to become premium, and nowhere does it say that paying even more will give you a member rank or something. As premium you buy what you buy, if you want extra then it'd be better to pay for a membership instead.

If you're interested in the free materials you can always buy a simple 1 month of membership and collect them.
    • Like x 7
  5. BanesRampage Well-Known Player

A cr skip with only 77 SP no thanks Yeah a extra 15$ wouldn’t hurt but why pay 15$ forever when I get them permanently the only perk legendary has over premium is the unlimited cash it’s not worth the sub
    • Like x 1
  6. BanesRampage Well-Known Player

Almost free?! Please tell me this is a joke so members should be treated like royal deity’s yes I don’t pay a monthly sub because I have everything if I want the unlimited cash I get escrow access
  7. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Just a small correction: you have everything you want... except the "members only" gift. If you want that, you have to be a member. Don't want to pay the sub, then live without the members' gift.
    • Like x 15
  8. Brit Loyal Player

Premium Members get Open Episodes for the month.

Legendary Members paid money for their subscription this month, for one of their largest benefits to turn out to be given away for free.

This is a month when every single Legendary subscriber could have dropped their sub and still continued to play all content. The Subscriber Materials are designed to offset the fact that they charged us money for something that they were giving everyone else for free.
    • Like x 11
  9. myandria Item Storage

This is the standard operation of most MMO games. Different games have different Premium limitation levels. The Premium level is offered to give players a "pay by the piece" option, not full member perks. No matter how much you purchase in this game, you will not get membership perks without being a member. Now, if you asked the devs for more valuable non-member perks then I would empathize with you.

So, what DO you have to show for your purchases? You have full access to the game, so even if you decide to become a member for a month and then go back to premium, you will not lose access to any part it. I am sure there are members who would not have full access to the game if they did not pay for their membership, so you have an advantage in that matter.

The value of a game is different for each person; if you do not feel you are getting your money's worth as a premium member then perhaps you should try upgrading to a full membership for a short time (as someone else suggested) or re-evaluate the overall value and satisfaction you get from this game.
    • Like x 7
  10. The Anxient Loyal Player

Well you made a choice that works best for you. Should know that members get extras this time of year. Nobody is keeping it from you, but you.
    • Like x 12
  11. Trexlight Devoted Player

Actually seems like worth the Sub if you want the Chromas and Artifact items. I mean, that seems to be your argument soooo....Sub up.
    • Like x 5
  12. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

youre not missing out on much. im sure there are players who are making the most of these but once again theres always something off about the way i'd like the chromas to color block. in this case it would have been perfect as two colors rather than the two colors plus gold.

as youre a premium player i know you dont have easy access to any chromas. the only real work arounds i can think of involve spending money on the game (sub or purchase escrow/work the broker/find someone wholl trade with you).

i will say the gifts all together are very sweet. if you can still get everything (the cr skip token and all the artifact stuff are pretty good without factoring in the chromas) by subbing up while the anniversary event is going on its very much worth the 15 bucks sub price for one month. youll even be able to get a lot more than you bargained for with one months sub (materials from the various vendors youll have access to and some chromas drop off of bosses you may not have access to).
    • Like x 1
  13. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

You don't have to pay $15 forever, take it from me as someone who's subbed and unsubbed numerous times.

First, if the unlimited cash isn't a perk for you; then why complain about the 3,000 cash cap? Your hurting your own argument there.

Second. You may have bought everything and have access to it forever. That's what you get as a premium. You get unlimited access to what you bought and it never expires. You know instinctively that legendary membership is intended to be a value deal and went the other route.

There's plenty of people like me who don't own everything as a premium, and quite frankly I don't want to when Legendary is an option for me because buying all the episodes is too expensive when I have them for a set time for only $15.

And if you don't want to sub, then I guess you don't want to have the materials. Literally all you would have to do is subscribe once, cancel it, get the mats, and never look back.
    • Like x 1
  14. BanesRampage Well-Known Player

As much as I hate to say it you guys really make some solid good points I usually don’t have problems being premium I just wanted a free material to
    • Like x 1
  15. Irvynnge Loyal Player

well, props for honesty. lol. like everyone else has said, drop a month's sub on the game. the chromas are worth it. some of them are really nice. also, I know you said the CR skip wasn't your cup of tea, but don't forget it comes with a whole bunch of free stuff you can fire over to your main or alts. create a character, use the skip, get the stuff, move it around, delete the character. again, it's all gravy..
    • Like x 1
  16. DCUO Addict Committed Player

If you want the 7 chromas, just sub for a month. You'll get the gift, the 500 DC, the 150 RB, and unlimited cash for a month. IMO, that's worth a lot more than $15. You can cancel it right after you sub so that it doesn't automatically charge next month.
    • Like x 2
  17. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I bought all my episodes so open episodes are useless to me. But please go on.
  18. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Not all ;)
  19. Brit Loyal Player

I'll frame it using a different business so that you can see the transaction from a more objective outside view.

*Brit enters McDonalds*
    Brit: I'd like the #5 combo meal.
    McDonalds Worker: That comes with fries and a drink. That'll be $6.
    *Brit pays worker*
    Customer #2: I would like just a Big Mac. No combo meal.
    McDonalds Worker: There is a special this month. Drinks are free for everyone. So you pay only your $2 for your sandwich, but you are going to get your sandwich AND a drink.
    Customer #2: Awesome. Free drink.
    Brit: Excuse me. You just charged me full price for my combo meal, but apparently drinks were supposed to be free this month. Shouldn't I be getting some money back?
    McDonalds Worker: No. There will be no reduction of the combo prices, despite the fact that part of the contents is being given away for free.
    Brit: Well... that's kind of unfair. You're charging me money for something that you're giving other people for free. If I canceled my combo meal and just ordered my Big Mac and fries, and then took the free drink, it would be cheaper than the combo meal. And I only ordered the combo meal because it's supposed to be a slightly discounted price by ordering the full package.
    McDonalds Manager: Well, crud. Turns out you're 100% right about that. We really shouldn't be billing you for something that we're giving everybody else for free. Tell you what. You can have a free Apple Pie to make up for the fact we overcharged you this time.
    SekretVillain: What? That's unfair! I bought 3 drinks last year at a time when drinks were full price for everyone, and you gave me exactly what I ordered. I, too, now demand a free Apple Pie even though you did not overcharge me today.

Do you see the difference now? You made a purchase. You received your purchase. The transaction ended.

In contrast, Legendary members were billed this month, charged real life money, so that they could RENT dlc Episodes that were being given away for free. We were charged money for something that was free. We were overcharged. And rather than reduce the price of Legendary for the month, Daybreak approached it with the easier answer of giving us a token cosmetic to make up for the fact that they billed us for something that they were giving everyone else for free.

Honestly, I really do agree with you about the Legendary Subscription. It does not offer enough to justify the price, and Premium is a smarter way to play. A premium player who spends the same amount of money on the game will get a lot more for their money than what a Legendary member does, because the premium player can get most of it through one-time purchases, instead of renting it month after month. You're right about that, and in the end, you only have to spend about $30 per year on new Episodes, while I pay over $100 per year, and I only get temporary access to the things you get forever. The only reason for the subscription is the cash cap, and with the rate of inflation, cash is quickly becoming worthless and a player-trade economy will probably take over within the next year.

But at the end of the day, I got billed $15 this month for something that was free. They gave me a few random Materials that I won't actually use as compensation for the fact I was overcharged. If they had put the Materials in the marketplace and priced them at $15, I would not have bought them. If Open Episodes had been announced in advance, I would have intentionally let my sub lapse for this month and continued to play for free while saving myself $15 and only missing out on a few generic materials. You're angry that you're not getting something free. But the truth is, those materials were never free. Those materials cost $15. And if you want them, you can pay the same $15 that I did, because I also received little value for my $15 this month as well.
    • Like x 2
  20. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Not the 1s I've 100% your correct so in my eyes I own all relevant 1s that hold feats I still need.