New avatars

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sleepy Healer, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

I always thought that was meant to be"Joe Regular" as in... you, the player. Kind of like how they had an image of a generic super hero on the original box art for the game. I've never seen a version of Firestorm that looked like this.
    • Like x 3
  2. Megzilla Developer

I had no idea either. Had to ask some other folks and the consensus was a Firestorm built with our base gear since we don't have an NPC of him. I think he's the only one where I broke my rule of "only existing NPCs" since we had this rando guy in the original forum avatar set.
  3. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    (He looks great but still)
  4. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

I want to ask this as nicely as possible, is their any plans to add any people of color to the avatar list. It’s a pretty fair question to ask as theirs duplicates of some characters but we couldn’t get Static, Cyborg, Black Lightning basically anything?
    • Like x 1
  5. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Same thoughts I got excited looked through the list and legit said “Welp”
  6. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

There's also the Random Super-Speedster Guy with the 2 lightning bolts on his head, a Head Style we don't even have in-game! :oops:
  7. Megzilla Developer

Yes. The first wave was to refresh the existing avatars. (Which is why Firestorm looks "new"). I also added Constantine and I think Kid flash because I was working with them for something else. But I also forgot Joker. So not a flawless first wave. However I have characters like Cyborg and Jon Stewart on my list. I have also added Static.
    • Like x 4
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Any chance that emblems for avatar use got the green light?
  9. Megzilla Developer

Haven't pitched it yet but they are also on my list.
    • Like x 4
  10. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    Judging by the last response ^ .. no there wasn’t plans to add people of color, but i said something about it & people backed it so they dont wanna seem racist :)

black lightning, cyborg, john, mr terrific, black manta, icon, steel, kulder, rocket, bronze tiger.... those are all the black characters i can really think of, but i said “people of color” which would also include hispanics asians ect.
  11. Megzilla Developer

Several months ago I had opened a thread asking for suggestions for forum avatars; it has always been my intention to add additional characters beyond the original cast.
    • Like x 4
  12. Miss Adora Loyal Player

what about Starfire? Cheetah? Clay Face? Martian Manhunter?
  13. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Thank you so much for your work. I also love how actively you interact with us players keep up your outstanding work.
  14. Lightnings Revenge Committed Player

If there was a thread months ago and people suggested cyborg, John etc... then why didn’t any make the cut? I mean John, cyborg, man-hunter are fan favs and have been in jla.
  15. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

This is because the first wave is consist of refreshes of existing ones. Except for Constantine. And Kid Flash. And Firestorm. All the while Joker is missing. He brought Harley away from this too.
    I expected other characters to be made into icons now but it made me obtuse and now incredibly petty so don't do that.
  16. Lightnings Revenge Committed Player

L
    What? Petty it’s a question you are incredibly petty for replying to me ...
  17. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Yes I am petty. Not saying you are. Now ignore me and move along.
  18. Jay Leon Hart New Player

I'll add my voice/vote for Captain Atom :D
    • Like x 2
  19. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Wow... until you mentioned it, I had never realized that Firestorm was not in this game. If it's not too late to put in a request... how about showing some love to the OG Teen Titans? I saw a Kid Flash avatar, how about Robin, Wondergirl, Aqualad (Garth) and Speedy?
  20. Megzilla Developer

[IMG]
    • Like x 5