How was your 2019 with dcuo?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ColdFuzion, Jan 7, 2020.

1. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

Don't be toxic on this subject but tell dev's how they can make 2020 better as a consumer!

I enjoyed metal part 1 but i think xmas sales were not the best.

you?
    • Like x 2
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

2019 was just eh for me.

I just feel like out of all the years I've spent playing DCUO, 2019 really just reduced my DCUO appetite by a longshot. Some of that's on Real Life; and some of that's on the game.

I had a job this year, which meant most of my grind time was basically gone. No more really sinking hours into my toons until the weekends showed up; and then there would be times I would work 6 out of the 7 days of the week when the hoildays came around. So that's main factor number one.

Main factor number two was just everything felt weak. When I was logged off of DCUO for a while, I would frequent to see what was going on with the seasonal events and... I'll be frank here: 2019's seasonal rewards were weak sauce compared to 2018/2017.

And then they had the big Marketplace price adjustment which was nice, but then also came the christmas sale which... no, just no.

2019 was a stabilizer/artifact christmas sale.

2018/2017; yeah those were christmas sales.

I got on a few times here and there to customize my toons and maybe run a raid or two; but overall I can't say I had very memorable 2019 with the game.
  3. Eve YouTuber

I feel like content wise it was good, I mean Hawk stuff happened! And for me, as a Hawk-fan, It means so much.
    Next to that, not long ago the Gazette Celebrated a year and it was amazing receiving all the support from the community regards it.
    I decided to look at DCUO from completely different point of view, so hoping to keep it up for 2020. I freaking love the game, and it gets better, slowly but surely. It needs a lot to be the best but I'm fine with it not being the best MMO out there. I'm glad DC is still around.
    I joined DCUO because of my love to DC Comics. (I collect stuff, read comics, etc). I decided that whatever happened before 2020 on DCUO that wasn't so good never happened, like I started anew (Just with my gameplay knowledge lol). So I feel relieved and not stressed anymore when I play DCUO. And Honestly It was good for my mental health too. I hope to see more styles being added to the game, new NPC's remodels (Donna Troy is still in her old model! :( ) and to be able to buy more deeds & themes for bases.
  4. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Mostly it was dark and depressing. Couple that with annoying or broken mechanics in raids, and it was a bad year for me.

Hoping the new year brings in some brighter play areas (like Thanagar) and some lighter themes. The word I would use is “fun” - make the game fun again. That doesn’t mean “challenge” - it means fun.
    • Like x 4
  5. Irvynnge Loyal Player

it's been alright. I started playing on the EUPS 'round the end of last year's anniversary event, after a goodly few years on the USPC, so this year's been all about catching up, for me. I've been taking my time ( just now reached Metal Part 1 on my main ), just poodling about at me own pace, tarting up me bases ( I do enjoy tarting up me bases ), &, yeah, for the most part, it's been a pleasant run. my one single real complaint ( & it's not even a complaint, really, more of an irk ) is the same old same old about access to "abandoned" content. maybe they'll do something about that this year. or maybe they won't. I'll probably still be here, either way.
    • Like x 1
  6. SekretVillain Loyal Player

There were alot bland DLC' imo, nothing that really changed my mind on renewing my legendary. Anniversary ofc is the exact same that we got last year, thankfully everything isn't outrageously priced.

The vendor styles all have been terrible, yet capsule stuff amazing and out of reach of most people.

Heres to hoping 2020 brings a better dcuo for everyone not just legendary and the whales of dcuo.
  7. nawanda Loyal Player

Most of my gripes with the game predate 2019, but the big thing for me was we had no new content all Summer and this was because they were busy launching the game on a new console.

The wrecked state Metal Part II was presented in was pretty shocking too.

The big positive was the return of Survival Mode, this wasn’t - to me - an acceptable substitute for a DLC, but it was a feature that they were wrong to shelve for so long.

I continue to believe that the player community would be happier and more tolerant of delays, bugs, lack of content, endless cash grabs etc etc if there was a commitment to openness, transparency and more responses to feedback.

You’re only statistically slightly more likely to win the lottery if you buy a ticket, and the relationship between making a good suggestion and seeing it in game feels pretty similar.
  8. Brother Allen Loyal Player

2019 was disappointing. Atlantis got old fast, although I do give the devs credit for such a beautiful open world, then content however was meh at best. We had Justice League Dark which would have been amazing had Shattered Gotham not been buggy from day one to now. Metal Part I was okay but the final boss fights were disappointing. Metal Part II was the biggest let down imaginable plus it was plagued with bugs galore for the first week to two weeks of it being Live. The Christmas sale was non-existent and lastly Daybreak waited far to long to get on top of the money glitch.

Hopefully 2020 will bring less Time Capsules and more attention put towards rewards achieved through playing the game, content on par with the Teen Titans Episode (difficulty wise and enjoyment), Elite tuned up a notch, at least one 8-man SM, PVP being addressed, and sales that actually entice me into spending money on the game.
    • Like x 2
  9. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  10. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Meh. Lost a lot of desire to invest time and money like i have in the past. The past few months have soured the game for me. The game feels like a mess atm.
  11. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

For the Switch community (at least from my perspective)... I think the release of Metal Part I was a peak. I just remember seeing everyone running about in the open world area when that DLC first came out. And there were always people Q'ing for the alert and raids and weekly bounties. Hardly had to wait. Not to mention there were people in the Watchtower constantly shouting to get groups together to run older content. It was great.

That seemed to change drastically when Metal II dropped. Not as many ppl in the Watchtower and open world area and not as many people Q'ing for the instances. Also started noticing some regulars coming on less and less. (Most of the players in my friends list don't even log on anymore). Then the whole broker situation happened, immediately followed by a lull in the population due to the Holiday Season. 2019 seemed to end on a bit of a downer.

Over the last week it seems like people are starting to come back. (Thank God) So I'm hoping this Anniversary event (since it will be a first for our community) will bring people back in full.
  12. tinoman Dedicated Player

2019 at the beginning of the year was good. On account of a break I took. Now, sadly the money exploit made me not wanna support the game anymore. Everyone didn't fairly earn their way to the top.
    TLDR: beginning was great, end was horrible.
  13. Brit Loyal Player

Fair. Above Average, but not Phenomenal.

Major notes for 2019:
    The first Episode was Justice League Dark. JLD was a mixed bag. Fellowship of the Arcane is honestly one of my favorite raids of all time. The mechanics felt important, group members had to know what to do, the fights were engaging and more than just generic tank and spanks. Loved it. But it was paired with Shattered Gotham, which I felt was one of the least enjoyable raids of all time. The platforming by itself was mildly annoying, but it became miserable when combined with broken jump pads that would randomly stop springing you halfway through and then drop you to your unavoidable death, or teammates who would stand at the edge of platforms and use player collision to block and kill their teammates. Add to that the bugs with Shazam locking himself outside of the fight, the madness counter that doesn't reset with a total party wipe, a full boss that drops no loot or marks (No, he's not a part of the Spagetti Monster fight, because once you kill him he locks separately and you can skip him in the event of a wipe), and a raid where every single boss uses basically the same generic "Don't stand in the bad" mechanics and you had the least enjoyable raid I'd played in years. The Alert was also fun and exciting with fights that were really involved, but then there was the duo that was waaaay too long, and involved that horrible opening room where you had to mindlessly kill pointless trash for no reason, spawning in waves so there was no way to speed it up. The open world was mostly good, and most of all, the OP item introduced the crafting mechanic which, while it had some annoying elements, was still an improvement over collections. A combination of hits and misses that were extremes on both ends, averaging out pretty well right down the middle.

We saw the introduction of the 40 minute crashes, where we would crash 10+ times per day, making it almost impossible to run anything longer than a half hour. And definitely don't ever zone if you don't have to, or look in your inventory, or open the broker, or basically do anything at all, because literally everything caused a crash. That might have been understandable if it had been hotfixed and could be forgotten about, but instead it persisted for over a full month while the Developers worked on other things, so we were able to luckily instead get the Universal Messaging system. One of our new features in the game introduced in 2019 is literally spam adds that repeat every time you log in, without any option to turn them off. Gee, thanks for that. That's a thumbs down. Nobody in the game said "Ignore these crashes; I really want you to give us a bunch of annoying pop-ups instead".

We got the Nintendo Switch release. And you know what? I bought a Nintendo Switch to play Ultimate Alliance 3 anyways, so I gave DCUO a shot on the Switch. The population is miserably small; I can actually wait over an hour sometimes just for Stabilizers to pop. But I was able to get all the names that I had lost during previous mergers. So I continue to play and level on the Switch, just a little every day, in hopes that when eventually the Switch's low population causes it to get merged in, I'll be able to reclaim my names, then delete my Switch characters and take them back on the main account.

We got Metal I. While JLD was a polarizing Episode with a mixture of awful and awesome, Metal I seemed bound and determined to deliver a mediocre experience across the board. The content for Dark Knights: Metal involves very few of the actual Dark Knights (only 3 spread across 1 duo, 1 alert, and 2 raids), which made the story feel really disjointed and unimpressive. The maps, the bosses, the fights, were more than 50% recycled, which while that doesn't have to be bad in and of itself, in this specific instance it seemed to make things just feel slower and unimpressive. By the time I saw Metal II, I honestly felt like both should have been combined into a single Metal episode and a lot of the unimaginative content that served no real story purpose could have been cut, giving us something that actually felt like Metal. But we definitely did not need ARC, Bane, Sinestro, more repeats of Amazon trash bosses, Ivy, or Freeze. The final results was one of the most generic and unimpressive Episodes in the past 3 years. And when paired with the return of a collection based OP item that contained not 1 but multiple insanely rare drops, and this Episode was just a generalized letdown.

We got the Halloween Event that had no new styles this year. Just thought I'd remind everybody about that. Out of every seasonal, the Halloween styles are the ones that I've found myself actually displaying on occasion, compared to stuff like Valentine's Day or Summer Event or Christmas, which might be good for a laugh for a day, but never part of a real outfit. The one time of year that seems to hold value, we don't get anything.

And now Metal II. Metal II isn't bad. There are parts that I like. But it was too rushed and too much stuff was broken.
    • Like x 1
  14. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Hopefully the devs take note, and learn from 2019
  15. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I read that as : Non action and stop excitement for some reason haha ,that's how the game has been for me for a couple of years now
  16. Lord Of 5 Well-Known Player

2019 was a good year game wise. The Lords of 5 enemies can not say the same.
  17. FoolsFire Devoted Player

How many previous years has the winter sale included memberships?

The fact this year there weren't any makes me wonder.
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I had an absolutely awful year both ingame and out quite frankly. :(
  19. Zneeak Devoted Player

I hope you realize that "fun" is subjective and quite a bunch of players, both across these boards and in-game, associate "challenge" with "fun". You're fully entitled to have a differing opinion on what is "fun", of course, just doesn't mean that everybody else shares it.

The Devs didn't exactly just start making certain pieces of content more challenging just for the giggles, they did it for a reason. Just sayin'.
  20. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

I guess I may be in the minority but I thought 2019 was a very good year for DCUO. DLCS were solid and aside from the economy issues I found very little to complain about. The game was quite stable for the most part.

IMO this game has been far more good than bac since 2011!

It is a game and if I didn't think there was more good than bad, I'd simply move on to another.