Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. TheBatmanFanBG Well-Known Player

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/player-requested-styles.304913/
    • Like x 1
  2. Jensu Well-Known Player

i would like to see more Kryptonian styles in the game
    • Like x 1
  3. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

a new green arrow style or a blue bettle style or a new nightwing or red hood style
    • Like x 1
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Came across this picture of Star from Marvel Comics earlier and have to say I love the idea of a chest piece that has a cape attached, coming over the shoulders and starting just below it. I'd love something like this to make it in game.
    [IMG]

Here's a picture of the back for reference.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

The game already has at least one cape like that: The Future Crusader Back Style (Future Batrman Armor) has a hard, armored section over the shoulders, and then the fabric cape begins below that, as you can see in this video:

So, it's really just a question of them making more capes along those lines.
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I meant to have a cape that is actually part of the chest style so that everything just comes together seamlessly rather than there being a bit of a disconnect between the chest and the cape, like in the costume in the picture. Apologies if that wasn't clear.
  7. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  8. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I get that, but the Devs are still going to do the cape as a separate piece because that's how the game's engine works. So the whole point was to show you that there are cape styles that prove that they could do what you're proposing in a way that would be satisfactory. If they design it as part of the Style Set, they could do that virtually seamless blend you're proposing.
  9. TheWrecker Well-Known Player

The crow bar weapon style for one hand. I know it's in the game. Batman and Joker have scenes with it in Metal part 2.
  10. Rhoady New Player

How about some simple "slim-line" base suites that we can use to build upon. We have lots of Metalic, Chroma's etc.. and plenty of attachments, bulky armor and so on. But some new base suites would go along way to creating new looks using assets that are already in game. Something like this:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/576531189779017594/
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Not to disagree with you (because I'm not a programmer so I have no idea how anything works, it's all coder magic to me) but the fact we have trenchcoats, which are chests with a cloth sim attached, makes me think that what I'm proposing is a possibility. I'm not saying it definitely is possible, but I hope it is. I'm sure there would be complaints about a chest piece that has a mandatory cape attached, but I'm sure some people would like it too.
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

We don't have a plain crowbar, but there is a crowbar with barbed wire around it style for one handed. It's called Turf. It's a bit extra but it might be satisfactory until we maybe get a plain one available.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. TheWrecker Well-Known Player

I've had that one since home turf came out years ago. Thank you though
    • Like x 1
  14. Eve YouTuber

[IMG]

Hopefully we can get this backpack next year. It's so cute with the orange lantern battery!
    • Like x 2
  15. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    I want just the glowing hand runes from this Wonder Woman Circe style from Justice League Dark. Similar to the bewitching battle suit hand runes and the runes from the hand of fate sets.
    • Like x 1
  16. Chain Lightning Active Player

a few hairstyles that i think could be nice for female characters
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    i know that some of the amazon ones we got but some of them we don't have
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  17. Ascended Well-Known Player

Between the trench coats and the magician's shirt I'm guessing it is possible on a technical to do a chest piece with a cape attached. I'm not a programmer either so that's just a guess, but I don't see what would prevent them from doing it if they can do trench coats. Maybe a dev can answer this definitively though.

However, I don't think we'll ever see this. It would get in the way of any back styles in the game. That's already an issue with trench coats, and this would be worse since a cape would sit so high up on the character. The obvious answer to that is "don't wear a back piece" but if this is part of a larger style set it won't work. Perhaps if it was an isolated style like a collection reward or something.....

You could probably get what you want from the armored detective style though. That has a slimline - like covering over the neck and shoulders and the cape itself begins at the shoulder blades. Not too far off from that new Marvel character, Star. Not exact, but close enough for jazz, as they say.
    • Like x 1
  18. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

Hi there, miss me on PS4,PC Superboyistic, Future Kal respectively? Well I've been spending a some time on our sister server Xbox US, GuardianSuperboy. And I've always liked the Reign of the Supermen suit for Superman, black and silver. Always reminds me of "Wait..., there's something stirring in the Fortress of Solitude" And I'm pretty sure there" s a host of content for dlc in that respect! Lastly a LSH ring and belt and we're all squared away.:cool:
  19. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

Devs we need a alien head Badly something like this
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  20. ExobyteBurt Dedicated Player

As much as I'd like to see that, you gotta stop reposting it.
    • Like x 1