It’s 2020 Time for a minor update in customization to match the current mmos

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DarkAvenger, Jan 5, 2020.

1. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

Lets Start off the year with a little customization Update Most MMOS Have This features and This would give a true superhero image
    We should be able to edit the face and waist size of our character in depth (Ex.28,30,32)and the size, length, etc.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

And some new personality pack to go with it
    The Royal
    [IMG]Has
    The Feral

[IMG]

The Brute[IMG]

• Like x 7
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Ah..if it isn't my favorite immortal thread topic. You're not going to like what i'm gonna write...and that's ok, nobody does. This subject comes up several times a year, every year. So here we go again...

Let's start with the myth of your title "minor update"...nothing about your oft repeated request is minor. Due to decisions made over 9 years ago, we were given an inflexible body system in this game. In order to make this "not-so-minor" upgrade they would have to rebuild this game from scratch. It's an undertaking that's much larger than the stats revamp, which would basically mean the game development would come to a complete standstill. Then on top of all that, the whole gear system would have to be rebuilt...recreating every style again is not exactly minor either.

That's just the work side of things...when you factor the economic considerations, you'd realize it's not some minor thing you're asking for. Daybreak Games is not going to spend what amounts to "brand new game" level of capital to give players this "minor upgrade" that will not generate revenue enough to compensate for the loss of income during the work, or for the resources spent in making it happen.

TL;DR: What you deem to be a "minor upgrade" is anything but that, and this company will not invest that kind of money on a project that will not see a return on investment.
    • Like x 18
  3. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

well said sir! :D
    • Like x 2
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

This is the only realistic request in this thread. Sadly, this request has been largely ignored so it seems.
    • Like x 3
  5. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

You guys realize i wasn’t asking for new body types I said to able to customize our faces and waist size never mentioned new body types and I think it would be worth it In long run dcuo is slowly getting outdated it lacks real customization compared to MMO like black desert elder strolls online and so many more
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Asking for customizable waists and asking for new body frames is the same thing.
    • Like x 6
  7. Brit Loyal Player

I was asking for a Titanic Trenton bodytype back in beta. They said that it was impossible. I believe the reasoning was something about how Sony hated fat people and believed that all fat people should feel ashamed of themselves and not be allowed to be in video games.

When Daybreak took over, they explained that fat people wear larger clothes, and so making costumes for a fat bodytype would be too expensive and not worth it.

I threw my $500 at City of Titans. I love DCUO because of the combat engine, but whenever City of Titans actually goes live, I will end up jumping ship to play as a character who has an American waistline.
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The decision makers of this game believe otherwise. Having customization sliders more or less winds up being not much different than adding new body types...a serious resource investment with negligible return on investment. Yes, this game lacks a lot of features compared to other MMOs because decisions were made in the early planning and development stages that aren't a simple matter to reverse. It is what it is.
    • Like x 2
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

And when the customization novelty wears off you'll be jumping back this way. ;):D
    • Like x 2
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I'm sure/hoping this was all satire, but the actual reasoning given was that there was too much clipping involved, specifically with the Staff weapon. The staff would literally just clip through the middle of the body.
    • Like x 1
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

To add on to the personality request, something I've also requested in the past is custom personalities. I hate that certain emotes are tied to certain personalities. For example I love the /rude emote for Comical, but I hate the stationary pose. My dream would be that we could have a Personality tab in the Style menu where we could pick and choose which style of emotes we had. Even if it was a feature we had to pay to unlock, I'd pay for it (within reason of course, not something ridiculous like $50).
    • Like x 3
  12. Hraesvelg Always Right

If one of those emotes is the Snoopy Dance from the Christmas seasonal...I'm all in.
    • Like x 2
  13. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Woosah...that's a lot of $$ just to throw at a game in hopes that it is good. I hope it is all you hope for man. That being said, if the game has a solid combat system and doesn't rely on "luck boxes" to make revenue I'll be interested in checking that game out myself.

EDIT: Nvm...I realize now you were more than likely joking. Just saw that, that Kickstarter has been going since 2013 and had a "projected delivery date of 2015". Yeah...missed that mark by quite a bit. lol
    • Like x 2
  14. Zneeak Devoted Player

Lol if that was true, most of what's left of our very low population in THIS game would've already be gone. ;):D
  15. Mazahs Loyal Player

I just wish my large brute was well....LARGE again.
    Sometime in the past 2 years the poor guy shrunk :(
  16. Hraesvelg Always Right

It happens just about everyone at some point.
    • Like x 1
  17. Miss Adora Loyal Player

the game was design where they can't do sliders or adjust the bodies because the styles that would be involved to change and fix. I asked for new stances, but it was never answered if it is possible or not. I do want the Mera stance.
    • Like x 2
  18. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

:eek: I gave up Brute builds a very long time ago, so I had not noticed.
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I'm talking about the sliders and whatnot. The other half of the equation is the way the game plays/combat system. All of these vaporware future SuperHero MMOs are spiritual successors to other games...and it shows.