I’m mind controlled...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jay Smeezy, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Happy new year devs! Please stop putting the mind control mechanic in any content. It has been in EVERY DLC since the aquaman starro or gotham city zoo...whichever was first as i am not sitting in front of my ps4 as i type this to see, I believe! If i’m wrong about when it was introduced, i am rather confident someone will correct me, but that is not the point! We are sick of it! We have seen enough!

thank you!
    • Like x 6
  2. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

But I like having teammates who are mind controlled just so the rest of us can kill them...
    • Like x 3
  3. CandySlinger Active Player

If I'm mind controlled and the rest of the group wipes, give me loot before killing me when it times out.
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i have a whole stack of those thingees we used to break people out of mind control in the Starro content but I always forget to bring them along when I go into the alert.Do those things break people out of mind control?

As a controller I should be able to stun and stop those things. Once in a while I can polymorph them but it tends to be when their health has been whittle down to a point theyre almost dead...big help there...

and yeah...unless theres a way to free people from it its a suck mechanic.
    • Like x 1
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The quicklime probably only works there because Starro has a weakness to the stuff. The Sentinel Of Magic supply drop might work, but I don’t have one so can’t test it.
  6. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

The magic supply drop was working in the MoM raids during the Ivy fight but it we haven't got it to work in the Metal 2 Alert for some reason.
  7. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

I fully agree with this thread. the mind-control mechanic is by far the laziest repeated mechanic in the game at this point.

Devs, there's nothing fun or challenging about losing control of your toon for up to a minute it seems like sometimes.

Please stop using this mechanic.
    • Like x 4
  8. Black Jaq Devoted Player

It makes sense for Starro because that's the whole thing with Starro. But to introduce it into the Dawnbreaker fight seemed unnecessary. I think mind control is played out in comics stories too but I digress.

But for a time devs overused the reflect mechanic until enough people complained.
    • Like x 1
  9. Ryuvain2 Level 30

Really? People hate this mechanic?
    I found it fun imo, even wanted it as a supercharge lol.

It shouldn't be spammed though or it will feel overused.
  10. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I agree with the idea behind this thread.... As already stated MIND CONTROL in the Deluge thread as we battled Starro made sense. Because hey that is what the big ugly squid does to anyone it battles PLUS if you are your team mates were smart enough you brought along the antidote and simply dropped one of those and were back beating on the actual bad guy in seconds. IN the open world battle with the Giant Starro you could even use that antidote to break Starro's mind control against the Justice League members like Wonder Woman and the Flash so they'd stop attacking you which was pretty cool. Of course as with just about anything in game there were a pile of players that simply ignored the mechanics and ran around in a mindless rage till it ended on its own because "Why do I need to worry about mechanics? I just want to shoot stuff" :confused:

Since then, as usual, the Devs took the idea and used it.. over and over and over again. Now I realize it takes some time, some effort, a bunch of new coding and whatever else to develop new attacks or anything else in game but in many of these newer instances where Mind Control is used there is no device made available the team can utilize to end that control. And as also mentioned running around unable to control your character over and over again during a boss battle can get old real quick.
    • Like x 1
  11. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Even more fun is juggling them as an atomic tank! :rolleyes:

I like the mechanic but also believe there needs to be a mechanic to get people out like in Starro and MOM Poison Ivy.

Now, the new alert has a mechanic to avoid it, but judging from the complaints and by the way there are STILL MASS simultaneous deaths against the Giant Metal Manbat in Metal Gotham, nobody seems to know what that arrow above their head means.

Here's a hint... it means KITE, KITE LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!
  12. Controller Devoted Player

I don't mind the mechanic, lol..............

In combat I can't use my toon and THEN see him moving off on his own...then hit SHIFT on my computer and back to business.

I think it's more hilarious than anything else.
  13. Dwild Well-Known Player

I would definitely eliminate or limit it in alerts...when you're team is damaged and your healer is just about to drop her major heal and gets mind controlled...the team wipes, the healer gets to watch and knows as soon as she comes out of mind control the whole evil army is going to fall on her like an avalanche. Lost too many fights that we were on the verge of victory because of a random mechanic.
  14. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Having been married for so many years, I am totally used to being mind controlled :)
    • Like x 1
  15. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

I like being mind controlled in the game... i just wish I could actually "control" my toon so I could better dish out the damage to my teammates. :p
    • Like x 2
  16. Darth Piper Loyal Player

That's a running joke with a few of us in my league. One person gets mind controlled, the tank pulls him or her over with a line like, "Come here. You need to be my best friend."
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I like the mechanic if there is a defense/cure for it, i.e. avoiding the living metal in the alert, or using quicklime in starro content. Even releasing the victim in the Ivy fight is ok, but normally by the time you can get into plant form, they are out of it. When it's not defendable or curable it's more annoying.

Now...for lazy mechanics, let's talk the reflect 1 shots. That's lazy.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  18. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Yeah as much as I hate it, I do find it funny when I'm in an instance like the Starro raid with weaker teammates, I get thrown onto a starro, and watch my toon eliminate every single person one by one because no one else has quicklime.
  19. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Troll should just stay in plant form. There's an ability to power heal and the attack actually hits somewhat decently hard. When trolling it I just spammed those two powers until someone was mindcontrolled and then they'd only be mindcontrolled for as long as it took me to cycle through the target locks.
  20. Jurandyr Ross Well-Known Player

I miss having a big gun ready to go when mind controlled, it would one shot teammates lmao