So what really made this game less enjoyable?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, Dec 29, 2019.

1. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

And yes, this game is unfortunately due for another revamp. This time with no greed mechanics. If they would have just balanced the powers and gave us augments the gave would have be perfectly fine.
  2. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Lol, yeah it's Friday night legends but I always called it live because it always felt like a tv series you could catch every Friday night. Kind of stuck with me since then.
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

How does a free to play game generate profit without subscriptions and/or micro-transactions? Does the money come from charity donations?
    • Like x 2
  4. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

I do not want to dismiss anyone else's opinion, but I have been seeing threads just like this since LAUNCH. The game has been chugging along since 2011 while many other MMOS have gone the way of the DODO.

I don't say the game is perfect, but the fact that is is going along with a DECADE of play less than two years down the line tells me (IMO) that they are doing more things right than wrong.
    • Like x 1
  5. Miss Adora Loyal Player

redundant content, let's be honest, ever since monsters dlc, we had to kill x amount of enemies for how man dlcs? Then they changed to killing a sub boss, run open world daily for how many dlcs now? They may give you 2 or 3 different missions. I find it one dlc repackage after another, lack of imagination. Most raids are boring, they give the boss infinite health and throw in a bunch of adds. So once I get full gear, I'm basically fine, I stop running the raids. When was the last fun raid we had?

I think HOH was the last fun one, watching out for Cerberus, and have to run away made it fun, it might make the raid longer but not in a bad way. It kept people on their toes, if anyone gets caught by Cerberus, we kind of laugh at being a chew toy. New raids PCR and DM isn't to bad of all the current raids.

Time capsule I see as an issue mainly because of the feats. It was design for players to get extra cool styles but they didn't do that, they had to throw in feats. Artifacts is another issue, I see it as no different then mods. In a sense mods were better, we didn't need a break through, but they did need adjusting mainly on how exobytes we needed for each tier..

When we ask devs to "fix things" they don't fix things, they break it even more. Or we ask for adjustment, they nerf it

A game should be fun to play but it feels like more work then enjoyment. I run my dailies on my 4 characters and I get off now, I use to be on for hours because I use to role play, but those people left because they didn't enjoy the game. Another miss with this game, they never set anything up for role players, which I hear most other games do.
    • Like x 1
  6. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Ive already gone over what I hate about the revamp so many times. I hate being redundant.

We should have gone back to what combat was like pre WM/AM...which is all of us being "hybrid dps" using both might and precision. Fracturing dps into weapons, hybrid and might tripled the work load on an already difficult task. it resulted in a lacklustre sloppy mess. I know things weren't perfect but that was when the game was at its best. That was when it was up to you to figure out the best power loadout and weapon combo utilizing each powers damage modifier to come up with something thats works for you. It was a very smart system with so many possibilities.

All that time wasted developing powers that have gone nowhere. In two and a half years I have yet to see one single player using any of the movement mode powers yet mental and sorcery were left broken and unfinished.

I can't even begin to express my hatred of what artifacts have turned into. The abilities and bonuses we get from these things should have been added to our innate power tree with us unlocking them through skill points. Now skill points are pretty much useless...

Pretty sure the only reason all of us stick around is because we love comic books and dc and its rally just not enough anymore being expected to shell out hundreds of dollars a month on stabilizers, replays and artifact xp to play a broken game. We're basically paying to keep the dev team in ironic tee shirts and hair dye.
    • Like x 2
  7. Milutin Mujovic Well-Known Player

I just hate that no one queues for older content.
    I recently started playing again, and I am barely able to improve my CR, today it took me a few hours in queue to find someone for Titans alert, still can't find more than 3 people willing to do any Titans raids.
    This really ruins my experience overall. I just don't wanna spend hours in the Watchtower standing and doing nothing. I want to PLAY this game.

I wouldn't mind if they made player like bots, for example if you're missing 1-7 members for a raid for over 10 minutes, add 1-7 bots (Superman, Green Lantern, Cyborg, etc.) who will help you finish that content.
  8. Korlick Loyal Player

Replay Badges, removal of the old clipping, WM then AM, TC with so many feats in it, Stat Revamp..all terrible things that broke the game piece by piece.

Such a shame.
    True that today there is also good things...sadly its mostly styles.
    Artifacts i think its a good idea but poorly implemented.
  9. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i used to queue old content constantly. I was even one of the types you want to have in an old alert in that I didn't rush ahead leaving others behind and i tried getting everyone involved.

i just got tired of seeing players with half my cr and skill points out damaging me because they messed up my power and i refuse to use a cookie cutter mold that goes against my characters concept. since the revamp i have not dps'ed in an alert r raid and that really !@#$ing pisses me off.
    • Like x 2
  10. FoolsFire Devoted Player

These are the same mimes which do speak in Ace Chemical alert.
  11. FoolsFire Devoted Player

If you're like Warframe, a free game....While you can pay to get items and level up quicker...Everything in the game is accessible if you're wiling to grind for it. To put it in DCUO terms, you want that special piece of armor?

+ Grind for it: It may take you six months.
    + Pay for it: Get it right away.

There is no RNG where after six months you still won't have it. Case in point: Two things happened to me just yesterday.

+ Got done with the first level of the new OP gear.
    + Got one of the two rare pieces from the alert for the LAST OP gear. (Which I still haven't gotten past the first level yet.)

This shouldn't be the way it works.
  12. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I don't really have an issue with how much metal it takes to get to 200. (Okay, I do, it should be 25% less in all honesty) What I have a problem with is getting to level 200 and having to pay real cash for a Seal of Completion. And yes, you do really have to pay considering the odds of it failing.

What they should do is have Completion Fragments, like Stabilizer Fragments, which we can grind in order to make a Seal without having to shell out real world cash.
    • Like x 5
  13. Heywiar Committed Player

That's a really good idea. There should be at least some way to get these in the game.
    • Like x 1
  14. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

Nah sorry I never mentioned free to play or expecting them to work for free don't project that nonsense on to me please. I didn't even insinuate that micro transactions were a bad thing. Probably just pedantic but I thought it was worth pointing out that games can and do exist without micro-transactions, probably more games without than with if you're not just talking triple A.

Ok serious reasons now (just my opinions of course)

1. The progression illusion broke for me. The need to grind skill points, the need to be at end game, just all came collapsing down around the same time.
    2. Best gear in vendor doesn't suit my play style and was a big reason to no longer find raiding enjoyable or worth it. Not fussed to save the marks for a whole set, no top gear in raids, no incentive.
    3. PvP was the main driver for me trying to get SP, not PvE. Without PvP grinding SP seemed less worth it when you can always eventually outgear the content.
    4. The removal of the deserter penalty, the changes to the kick function completely destroyed On Duty and reduced my desire to raid. On Duty was my preferred play style and was much more functional before these changes. Easier obtain a good group, remove bad elements, keep players from leaving after wipes etc. These reasons can largely be correlated directly to the deserter penalty and easier kick options and on-duty is far less welcoming after their removal.
    • Like x 1
  15. The Con Dedicated Player

TIME CAPSULES
    Paying cash for progression (added feats for SP)
    An RNG that makes Vegas blush

AUGMENTS
    Too slow of a progression
    The forced paying for Seals Of Completion/Preservation

COLLECTIONS
    Taking what was a fun side aspect of the game and turning into a forced nightmare
    Ridiculous Prices in DLC Vendors

BROKEN PvP
    This used to be a fun way to kill time after a DLC was mostly completed.
    Which, once again to the added collection pieces that you now have to work for, takes forever to complete
    How do the devs not understand how important aspect of this game PvP really is?
    Who actually pays to play the campaign of CoD games?...

MASS EXODUS
    All of the above has created a vicious loop of disappointment as people leave the game for the above atrocities...
    People leaving has created a vacuum for lower tiered content
  16. Swamarian Committed Player

I don't remember kill stealing being an issue with operations at all. I got several speed feats for operations as solo characters too low level to queue up, seeing the final boss, and doing some damage. (The first time was by accident. I was sorcery, and figured I'd cast Circle of Protection, which should be fairly safe. I was in DPS mode, and managed to aggro several adds, and ended up fleeing. Still got credit, though, which shocked me, since I wasn't doing the mission.) It was actually fairly common to have 2-4 raid groups all steamroll the final boss, and everyone get credit. Unfortunately, that broke the PS3 hard, so it got moved to an instance.
  17. Korlick Loyal Player

Running long distances with Acro? Dont know now but Acrobatics was the fastest of the 3 movement modes to travel long distances.
  18. Swamarian Committed Player

It depends on the micro-transactions. STO has loot boxes, but it also has a huge cash shop. I've purchased playable races, outfits, and of course, ships.
    As mentioned earlier, Warframe has a near explicit cash vs. time system, but it also has a huge cash shop, including tennogen skins, which are created by players. Also, since the same "character" can use different frames, warframe slots are a frequent purchase. (You start out with slots for 2 frames. There are 36 different frames, not counting prime variants.) Weapon slots work similarly. There are 300+ distinct weapons, and you'll need a couple for different situations.
    DCUO has a tiny cash shop, with few items that make me say, "I need that." I remember when Tights were released, it generated a huge (positive) reaction. Few things have, since.
  19. Wildcat Committed Player

NPC's not taliking in content/wot/hod - bugs

bugs in legends / pvp

no new legends chars

too many time capsules bundles

villains doing heroes stuff

stupid storylines - bombshel, metal batman and more - sooo many great orginal comics and bombshel? really o_O

old characters like amazo capt atom missing from the orginal beta

all powers looks the same - same moves

no new emotes - like dancing and more

too many episodes in the same small central city

no villains episodes

changing orginal characters voices into sh** - booster gold, harley etc.

superman face looking like pudding

and many many more... :(
    • Like x 1
  20. Krytin Active Player

Ever since soe changed they started stream lining things for more profit less servers easier to manage graphics and mechanics
    At one point electric was a true compound power. The use of curtain powers stacked or enhanced the others now it's gone. The whole let's figure things out has been removed to make dps easy