Bonus Currency

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SekretVillain, Dec 27, 2019.

1. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Anyone else let down it didnt include or wasnt for metal part 2 or am I the only 1?
  2. The Anxient Loyal Player

That's the way it always is. They do a bonus for the past 2 episodes, separate from the current one.
    • Like x 7
  3. CCPONCHO Well-Known Player

Yup. Usually they do the current episode when it's about 1 month old then triple when it's 3 months old.
  4. Solarbound Committed Player

We're all a bit let down by this -_-
    • Like x 1
  5. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Just make sure to finish your Metal Pt.1 and Dark Gotham raids this weekend. These bonus weekends are still helpful for stacking up currency which will eventually be converted to source marks.
    • Like x 2
  6. SekretVillain Loyal Player

It was just a massive let down I guess.
    • Like x 1
  7. SekretVillain Loyal Player

But what's there to buy other than renewing mainframes? I have a 127 139 and 160 artifact I'm good on artifacts dont plan to go any higher on any of them because I'm done spending $$ on dcuo. Because it never pays off in players favor.
  8. Korlick Loyal Player

Man...people really expect a bonus mark weekend when no even a month ha6s pass since the release of the last episode?

Bruh...really? Come on...
    • Like x 3
  9. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I was not really upset that it didn't include Metal 2. Historically the "new" DLC has it own separate bonus weekend but here's a question I'd like answered... IF this bonus weekend was sort of a Holiday gift can some one at Daybreak explain why so many players were left off Santa's Good Player list? Justice league Dark and Metal Part 1 no longer have n "EVENT" version so if your character or even some if not most of you ALTS are below CR 253 you get absolutely nothing. Hey above level 10 you can get into the event version of the Metal 2 stuff but that is not paying double marks and as I said any alt you own below CR 253 can't join any daily or weekly out door missions OR any of the duos, alerts and raids that ARE paying twice the in game coin.

Now I don't work for Daybreak so I have no access to the information but you have to wonder just how many players that affects and leaves wondering "HEY! why didn't I get a bonus marks weekend too? Just seems like its not a really good business decision to shut off the bonus and leave out so many potential customers,
    • Like x 2
  10. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Its 7 days shy of a month why split hairs? Guess you were 1 of those who blew through 7000 replays week 1 to get full renown huh so you dont need no bonus currency for metal part 2.
  11. The Anxient Loyal Player

You let yourself down having unfounded expectations. Every episode the bonus weekends go in a pattern. Don't know why you would expect this one to suddenly be different.
    • Like x 2
  12. dresserball Dedicated Player

New ways start by being different. Why do you expect to always have the same?
  13. Korlick Loyal Player

Lol nice reach bruh. I encouage you to wavedox me (or whatever is used these days), Korlick is my toon. Go ahead and tell me how i rushed and burned this new episode. Go. Ill wait.

lol ...these guys...Like if there wasnt enough things being handed out

Whats next? Asking for free marks before the episode drops? Lmao
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

There's no X-mas gift here....don't delude yourself. 1 word....Replays. I don't know anyone who runs replays on 'event level' toons so them locked out of benefit is negligible. You can argue the same but reversed if there is a 'double source' weekend and all the max level toons are locked out of all but 2 dlc's content whereas low toons get a lot more benefit with wider content window and easy runs (assuming you can get in). Some people do replay event content for quick marks, but they are normally on their at or above CR toons just doing event for speed. Also, it makes sense to leave out Metal 2 as people are replaying that already to get marks and gear at 1x. not many people are running Metal 1 and JLD, I'd guess less are replaying (without the 2x), and most are about to get locked out of source in JLD so it will get worse soon...push replays to get 2x JLD and Metal 1 marks now before JLD is relevancy locked for source and you sell more. We'll get one on Metal 2 I'd guess next weekend...maybe the following. Then they can sell more replays all over again.

I'm honestly surprised they don't break it in to 'JLD 2x' and 'Metal 1 2x' on separate weekends. That way we cal all go crazy on different DLCs every weekend. Mo-Money, Mo-Money, MO-MONEY!
    [IMG]

Reinheld
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It's easy to expect the same when a pattern is established. Expecting different without evidence of different coming is a guaranteed recipe for disappointment, which this thread is excellent proof of.
  16. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I still needed to get to marks to gt the OP neck for my alt. Just did yesterday so I'm glad thy did double marks.
    • Like x 1
  17. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Hows it free Mark's when you have to complete the content? Talk about reaching.
  18. dresserball Dedicated Player

Here is the thing. You might be right or wrong about a pattern. I would say since there are people calling the shots you can have a change at any point. Or that you don't have enough info to know the true pattern. Like for instance

You may say the next number is 1, but it isn't its 5

19. Plowed In Loyal Player

Well, in this case he was expecting a 5, but got a 1, and is feeling let down.

“I guess I better cancel all my plans tomorrow because there could be a life-threatening meteor shower from 8 - 6” - said no one, ever, without evidence.
    • Like x 2
  20. The Anxient Loyal Player

Watch out for dinosaurs. I'm expecting experimental raptors to escape from a government lab and attack.
    • Like x 2