So, Doom Spin Non-Mastery will get fixed?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Xibo, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

well, good?

2H is the slowest weapon in the game - even Doom Spin, its "performance" combo, is still a 5.5 second execute time.

The combo counters instantly on Block (which means you get dumped on your a** every 10-15 seconds).

I could write a short novel about the problems it presents for maintaining a DOT cycle behind it. Pretty much anything else will let you run a tray combo, weapon combo, tray combo, weapon combo - I'm not going to tell you it's impossible (it's definitely not) but the sort of tray combo you can place next to Doom Spin has to be short with good hangtime in order for you to make use of it effectively, which creates a limit on what you can actually accomplish as a hybrid character.
  2. Monkeyboy Committed Player

"Regardless of what anyone thinks"????? How about you try Doom Spinning in elite raids and ask the healer what they think? If you're not kicked! Unfortunately, there's not an easy way to say this without it sounding negative but maybe you should test Doom Spin in all content. Regardless of your negativity, you're just another player calling for nerfs because you think you're the Mobius Chair.
    • Like x 2
  3. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Yeah uhhh, my entire loadout is "Menace, NVB, and Shields, Shields, Shields" and even I'm not willing to try that.
  4. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

You must be a noob people use doom spin in content that won't get u one shotted at close range. Elite is for dw flurry shot and it's aoe is good. Any noob who close ranges with doom spin or any close range weapon in a boss fight in dps role will be kicked. Elite is not intended for close range everybody knows that. That's why you have tank roles. Doom spin is for reg content if reg content has a boss that can one shot I don't recommend doom spin. But any prec dps should be ready for this with dw flurry shot armory. Any good Precision DPS always has 4 Precision armories for 4 situations. Single and aoe and elite and solo. Single and aoe build for reg. And a single/aoe build for elite and no it's not doom spin
  5. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

Why nerf Doom spin when you're just going to find something else to nerf after that? There will never be such a thing as balance. What did the weapons pass do? All it did was replace smokebomb with doom spin.
    • Like x 1
  6. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

it gives people something to cry about, and since it's not how he plays it's obviously cheating?
  7. Xibo Loyal Player

Because it's outperforming all Weapon Mastery Combos.
  8. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Something's always gonna be the top performer guy.
  9. Monkeyboy Committed Player

I'm a noob because your reading comprehension is abysmal? You want Doom Spin fixed, why exactly? If it can be used in regular content and not elite, then it's not broken. You just don't like it. Why are you prec? Because it's dps is higher than most might builds. Sounds like you just don't want competition in regular content.
  10. Xibo Loyal Player

And that's correct, right?
  11. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

You will never find balance lol Just give up.
    After doom spin nerf, you'll be back here complaining about explosive shot or Brawling into Shuriken storm+Horus lol
    • Like x 1
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

No but instead of crying about nerfing a weapon why not cry to get the others buffed?

Yes 2H is our performing other weapons. But that’s just on SPARING TARGETS not in actual game play. There are other weapons that can beat out 2H in actual game play.

Now. As for it being useful in regular raids. No it’s not. I’ve out dpsed doom spinners from range because I wasn’t getting blocked back to back. And let’s say you can get off doom spin perfectly back to back. Because of the windup time some adds will be near dead by the time that doom spin is getting started. Yes it will outperform when you have other dps not doing much damage. But against actual dps it won’t beat out.
    • Like x 2
  13. Xibo Loyal Player

It's fine to have no balance in this game to you, right?
  14. Xibo Loyal Player

Ok.
  15. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

As stated - if either of you cared that much about balance, where are your threads about Gadgets, Nature, and Rage?

I'm not burning a fire at those doors because I don't think the way to balance is to break what works, I think it's to fix what doesn't (which is why you see me talking about Mental) so instead of lining up to keep crying about a combo that even the developers have said is working as intended, maybe start coming up with stats for potential improvement on the things that currently don't.

The other side of that coin being, like I said, Doom Spin can be a little hot because there are factors such as counterability, the long combo time for optimal output, et cetera. A combo with a 1.2 second execute time doing 60K damage on a 10 second sparring target test parse is broken by virtue of the fact that you'll be able to use it any time you want and set up whatever you want to around it. You can't do that with Doom Spin - it's basically either "all weapons output" or "limited use hybrid rotations" and that's it.
    • Like x 1
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

This sums up your way of thinking. Listen to what you want without acknowledging everything else that goes against what you want. If it were up to you and people like you than there would only be one way of playing and everything else would be nerfed to the ground
    • Like x 1
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

*Cough cough*Munitions*Cough cough*
    • Like x 2
  18. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

which is notoriously tree-unfriendly, to boot....
    • Like x 1
  19. Korlick Loyal Player

Man...some things never change around here... smh
  20. Xibo Loyal Player

Your answer was "No" and i'm with you in this. Doom Spin normal combo does more damage than it should be and we are in agreement.