Underrated powerful heroes, Anime or comics

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Hurly-Burly, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Hurly-Burly Active Player

[IMG]

Well, he can harness the power of gems called chaos emeralds. Doing that, he can control space and time. Also, Super Sonic took on a foe whom was basically Galactus, known to eat dimensions, and won. He is also invulnerable.

Can anybody else think of an extremely powerful hero whom may be underrated by many?
    • Like x 4
  2. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

able to block disneys greed...thats something...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 6
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I dunno, seems like if you're powerful in anime or comics you don't tend to be underrated much.

Underestimated, especially by a villain/antagonist? Oh, that's a given, especially in anime. Heck, that's a staple of shows like Naruto, Black Clover or Dragonball Z. :D

If I had to go with underrated, though, for me it'd be a toss-up between Tenchi Masaki from the various Tenchi Muyo series and Issei Hyoudou from High School DxD. Tenchi has some incredible power at his disposal thanks to his heritage via the Jurai Royal Family, but that gets overlooked a lot because of how much the show plays on the family/romantic dynamics in the cast (or to put it plainly, the harem comedy stuff LOL).

Issei has a Sacred Gear that (if I remember the dialogue from the show right) allows him access to enough power to transcend God and the Devil (show's first season hits heavy on a war between angels, devils and fallen angels). But he's a bit of a screw-up and a perv, so it takes him a few seasons before he starts living up to that potential. Plus the show's focus is just as heavy on this...

[IMG]

...as it is on some of the usual anime fighting elements. :p So it's easy for Issei to be overlooked or underrated.
    • Like x 1
  4. Batrederik Dedicated Player

I have one. the name is Riki.
    The bear dog Riki, who was trained by Takeda Gohei, dissappered in the mountains during a fight with the bear Akakabuto

. Riki lost his memory but never forgot his enemy. He gathered many dogs who were willing to fight against the monster bear, and became their leader.

When he meets Gin for the first time he doesn’t recognize him, even though he tries to remember. As he sends him and the soldiers out to find more dogs, Riki stays in the area of the bears, trying to hold his position. This quest costed him much pain and many scars.

Riki’s wish about killing Akakabuto comes true, even though he himself die during the fight. Before he dies, he tell Gin that he is the new leader of the Futago pass.

He also tells him never to use the Zetsu tenrou battouga power.
    • Like x 1
  5. Batrederik Dedicated Player

When he meets Gin for the first time he doesn’t recognize him, even though he tries to remember.

As he sends him and the soldiers out to find more dogs, Riki stays in the area of the bears, trying to hold his position. This quest costed him much pain and many scars.

Riki’s wish about killing Akakabuto comes true,

even though he himself die during the fight. Before he dies, he tell Gin that he is the new leader of the Futago pass.

He also tells him never to use the Zetsu tenrou battouga power.
    • Like x 1
  6. Batrederik Dedicated Player

And here is episode 1

P.s Tiger striped akitas are actually very rare! + this show was never dubbed in English and was never released to America after it came out in Japan in 1986. And yes:) Daisuke almost kinda looks like Ash . Plz watch them . I watched Silver Fang many times under my childhood, so this is nostalgia for me. Its one of the best animated movies ever made.
    The animation in Silver Fang isn't even close to what we are used to today, but for some reason that didn't bother me at all. This series strength lies in the strong story-line, the way you connect to its characters (human or dog), and how emotional it is. No other animated series has made me weep, cheer and smile like this one! But. It's a hard series to get into at first, it features a small puppy getting the s*** beaten out of it by it's owner over his feud with a big bear, then eventually the puppy joins up with other dogs and together they take this bear down.

the series really starts to grow on you though because it's a very adorable puppy that tries it's hardest, and then you get a wide range of characters who all share a sense of pride in being a wild dog and live life without worries and all have unique abilities.
    And lot of characters die in this series that you wish didn't but it would look stupid if they were left alive in a way, but man what a climax. Best one**
    • Like x 1
  7. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Condiment King

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  8. FoolsFire Devoted Player

They had a What If issue where Aunt May became Galactus' herald.

[IMG]

Known as the 'Golden Oldie' her cooking was able to stave off Galactus' hunger. Thus, saving countless planets from destruction.
    • Like x 2
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Okay, Terrax's expression in that image is priceless. :D
    • Like x 2
  10. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i'd give the "5 year gap" Legion of Super Heroes a try if you're looking for underdog heroes. Granted you're deling with a group of super heroes who have several members in the "Superman" weight class the most powerful moments in the series were the "quiet moments"...a depowered Cosmic Boy haggling and gaining the upper hand against mordru, Matter Eater Lad who has arguably one of the lamest power sets stepping up and revealing he's a briliant strategist and politition, seeing the Legion of Substitute Heroes come tgether as an anti terrorist group. Just a few drops in the bucket.

the series starts off somewhat choppy. the first dozen or so issues are a difficult read...but its a slow burn that pays off.

Shame they rebooted this all away.
  11. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

he can eat a sun eater....superboy could hit him...and hed lose fingers...dont count ol matter out ...ever...
    • Like x 2
  12. Controller Devoted Player

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Augustus Freeman IV (Icon) and his close friend Raquel Irvin (Rocket) - DC. Would LOVE for the DCCU to include him and Rocket into the fold. Such a rich backstory with these two. And NO - he is NOT more powerful than Superman - he is his EQUAL, though - with his OWN vulnerability / weaknesses.

[IMG]

[IMG]

And Blue Marvel - from Marvel Comics.

If Kevin Feigi wants another Thor / Hulk Level Superhero in the MCU look no further than Blue Marvel. Rich history / backstory with his as well.
    • Like x 2
  13. Hurly-Burly Active Player

1:58

:eek:

His knocked off some digits, or claws..
    • Like x 1
  14. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Zetsu tenrou battouga power. Happens by the user running to max speed, then starting to spin or in a disc-like shape, and you cut over, over into the skin, causing damage, like tearing a bear's head off *is* you aimed at the neck. But yes He knocked off some digits, or claws.

At 0.12/3:19 He knocked off the head

i found the right one were you can watch it, ginga-nagareboshi-gin. you should watch these episodes from this website

http://w3.hotanime.me/film/ginga-nagareboshi-gin.html?r=235

It has english subbed. I watched Silver Fang many times under my childhood, so this is nostalgia for me. Its one of the best animated movies ever made.
    The animation in Silver Fang isn't even close to what we are used to today. And this series strength lies in the strong story-line, the way you connect to its characters (human or dog), and how emotional it is. No other animated series has made me weep, cheer and smile like this one! But. It's a hard series to get into at first, it features a small puppy getting the s*** beaten out of it by it's owner over his feud with a big bear, then eventually the puppy joins up with other dogs and together they take this bear down.

the series really starts to grow on you though because it's a very adorable puppy that tries it's hardest, and then you get a wide range of characters who all share a sense of pride in being a wild dog and live life without worries and all have unique abilities.
    And lot of characters die in this series that you wish didn't but it would look stupid if they were left alive in a way, but man what a climax. Best one** Plz watch it.
    + the soundtrack is beautiful
    • Like x 1
  15. DC Urban Committed Player

I always thought super sonic copied super saiyan, but ultra instinct copied hyper sonic which debuted in the early 90s. I guess it was a "Got you back moment." Notice how Hyper Sonic has Silver hues, as does Ultra Instinct.

Can you really copy something that as never original though? Rumor has it, DBZ copied some story of a golden warrior.
  16. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

the punisher a lot of people underrated him he basically is someone who can make that the avengers run for their money . he is basically batman in his use guns and go to the lethal way
  17. Atticus New Player

Naruto Shippuden:
    Absolutely this anime had such potential when I first noticed. I simply had high expectancies from Naruto. However they just literally wasted her at display. This kind of disgrace she didn’t revel in an awful lot extra screen time. However of route it is herbal though such things as this due to the fact as we recognize there is no place for such a goddess like this at those homosexual romance suggests like naruto.
    At this single scene a man fell in love with a woman. Especially after that wiping extra lava from her mouth… oh my lord, provide me electricity for fighting with this seductive, curvy, horny- evil incarnation of succubus.
    Her abilities don’t cease with simply placing fireplace on guy’s hearts. She, on the same time can freeze the 'one' with only a unmarried breath of her if you understand what I suggest to watch it.
    View:naruto canon guide
  18. Super Lantern Active Player

Why is Sonic on this list, He's not underestimated by anyone, he's like the Goku of the video game world, he could easily kick Mario and any other video game character *****, but you know who would be perfect for this list, Krillen from DBZ, he's literally the strongest pure-blooded Human in the series but just because he's human, he is easily overlooked in favor of Saiyans, Half-Saiyans, Namekians, Androids and other aliens all of whom are in a completely different weight class altogether.
  19. Adilkhan Utepov New Player

Deidara at the age of 19 had some of the most powerful techniques in the world, Sasuke won only because the authors wanted it and Sasuke was the second protagonist, and so Deidara is very strong, and I don't understand why he just didn't blow up an endless stake every time he was in Edo Tensei? he is just imba and the authors did not want to show all his power
    • Like x 1