The Winter Sale!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Con Dedicated Player

1) They still had plenty of time to make a new Booster Bundle to put on the Market Place the very second this fix was initiated.

2) They should have had someone listening weeks ago when everybody was trying to let them know that a problem was breaking the game...or even better, them realizing it for themselves.
  2. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

I am one of those people. I anticipated the holiday sale and saved for that.
    • Like x 4
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You can't quantify it as 'the best deal'....the best price, sure. I'm not sure we've seen a lower price. However, as TCs have gotten worse in drop rates, and more feats are attached to them, you arguably need MORE stabilizers to even have a chance at a lucky drop. So your 1292 might get you more stabilizers per dollar....but it will likely take a lot more of them to get what you need....so not that great a 'deal' after all. And I think the 40 pack was 1700 after discount...so maybe not even the 'best price' at that. I'm not scouring back to look for the old sales as the price really doesn't matter....it's the value you get for your purchase that matters...and that's lower every new TC.

As far as the replays go, they were just on a pretty good sale. I'm sorry if people missed out on that, but personally I bought as many as I'm going to buy on BF/CM weekend. It's all the other stuff that is NOT on sale (like membership, or toon/inventory/bank slots, change tokens) that is not the norm. Sure the +5% technically counts as a sale on these items, but we've seen things like 50-70% off in years past either on BF/CM or Xmas sale.

Reinheld
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It is predatory. A predator picks on the weak, and yeah...some players are weak enough to NEED that 25 point Neon feat. And now that the TC is on the declining slope of it's lifespan, AND a bunch of the neons are now out of reach (in banned accounts if we are to believe there were perma-bans) AND there are not as many avenues to acquire one in game(no matter that it was against TOS before....you could at least 'buy' one), the only real way of getting one right now is TCs. Don't forget even those who were left as billionaires in game probably have their money spread around their toons...and they can't put it back together now to buy one straight up if they wanted to.

All that going on then they drop an attractive sale on Stabilizers....yeah, it's pretty much like setting up a 'cheap beer' stand outside the AA meeting. No...no one NEEDS to drink, but I guarantee some who wouldn't have otherwise....will.

Reinheld
    • Like x 4
  5. AutoBot Rage Active Player

If they wanted to accelerate people to leave the game or just not spend any money these two events would be it. To have nothing to get people excited about is pretty bad on their part. Whomever said this was a good idea please give it some thought and look at the bigger picture here.......
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Here, let me fix that for you so it's easier.
    Normal member discount 001110010101001010 = 10%
    Winter sale member discount 001110010101001011 = 25%

One and done....

Reinheld
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

At this point the only way for them to redeem the sale would be to do the Christmas sale and a Christmas extravaganza. But who knows.
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You thought seals were going to be MORE than 50% off? You must be new here....50% was about as much as you were going to see in a sale on items that are pretty much required now. We've seen higher numbers on luxury items like armories and slots...but 50% on 'necessities' is pretty good and all we can hope for most sales....especially 2 in a row like these.

"Hi, oG_JUiiC3.....My name is DCUniverse Online....pleased to fleece...er, MEET, you"

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  9. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Finally got neon! After opening 52 tcs today! 53rd was a charm out of a total of over 300 since they were introduced! This is ridiculous!
    • Like x 2
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Funny. I was just thinking about spending money on artifact XP. Thought there would be a decent discount on them. Guess not.
  11. August Moon Well-Known Player

youd really think theyd lower the price by at least 50% to make up for the lack of nth metal double weekend everyones been waiting on but nah . its not happening
  12. Elda Mad as a Hatter

Or, you skip both sales. Which is what I'm doing. My money is going elsewhere.

And yea, discounts on a marketplace aren't recreating every item, unless you're one of the dumbest devs in the world. Likely a couple minutes to change the store max.
    • Like x 1
  13. Captain Wonder Active Player

No gift this year for paid players?
  14. L T Devoted Player

Fair enough.

I think the only time capsule with really good drop rates was the first one. Or maybe I was just lucky with that one.
  15. Saybro Committed Player

Yep money will be going elsewhere. I don't know who's in charge of this section of the business, but they need to go back to the old ways. 12 days of christmas, membership discounts etc. This new business model is slowly sucking the life out of the game.
    • Like x 2
  16. Eve YouTuber

Ok.

Thanks for the winter sale, Devs. I bought some booster bundles only because of the sale.
  17. OIiverQueenDcuo New Player

@mepps or anyone in @dcuo im messaging in regards to my game not going pass the connecting screen and its not my internet some saying it means i got banned and its crazy I'm not a bad person i dont do bad stuff so im really confused i just wanted to play dcuo with all my friends
  18. Zneeak Devoted Player

I'm holding every penny until after Christmas, just to see if this is really the only and final sale for the year. I'd suggest that everyone else do the same.
  19. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

A dark thought came to me. What if the reason they aren't officially (there's the unintended PlayStation Marketplace listing from last year up) doing a big $100 promotion like they've done previous winters, is actually them being benevolent and acting with conscience? They don't want to rip us off, because they know the game isn't going to be around much longer. NNOOOO! *Shudders.*
    • Like x 1
  20. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I'm also doing that since I didn't find anyhing of interest in the booster bundle or markedplace :)
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.