The “joker” and his billions

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aspirit, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Aspirit Active Player

2. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

4. EconoKnight XIII Legion

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. SekretVillain Loyal Player

And it begins AGAIN, great job devs
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

What the Devs did wasn't intended to fix the economy. It was intended to prevent further harm to the game as they identified and then fixed the money glitch. Mepps already stated that they are looking at the economy itself in 2020. Until then you have to content with the human virus playerbase that is out of control (which no game designer can "fix").
    • Like x 3
  7. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Oh so releasing a booster bundle wasnt meant to cause more harm to the game after a month of no trading cash? Right, riiiiiiiight
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

They released a Booster Bundle to make money...no big secret there. And it hasn't caused any harm...that's all on your fellow players who have decided that the ridiculous prices is the new normal. No Booster Bundle can cause that...that's just plain old Avarice and lack of common sense. As it is, the money glitch itself is fixed, and as already stated, they are looking at the economy long term in 2020. What you want or feel they should do is beyond the scope of what's left of 2019.
    • Like x 4
  9. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Fixed if you say so
  10. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Anything happening with the broker this week should be taken with a mountain of salt. With the tax, weeks of new episode items stockpiles, and Booster Bundles, there are too many X factors. It’s going to take time for prices to settle.

Genuine question, though. Why do people list worthless stuff for $999,999,999, like the soder cola? I’ve always wondered.
    • Like x 1
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Fixed on their say so not mine. I'm just reiterating what has already been stated.
  12. Ice master187 Active Player

Hopefully the dev's not finish with the economy issue, but u have to give it to them they finally got rid of the money sites that's a big win , but it's sort of sad it took them this long to address it after a money glitch and dub glitch that hurts there bottom line, none the less very awesome to see the gold sites gone hopefully they stay gone
  13. FoolsFire Devoted Player

The Devs said the tax was only the first step. And considering it's the holidays I wouldn't expect them to do anything else until they're over.
    • Like x 3
  14. SSB Active Player

They got rid of them for now but all that did was give the billionaires a chance to take their spot selling money. $15 for $400 mil was the post I was before I jumped off.
  15. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Agreed. I know that some players would find this difficult to believe but the PTB at Daybreak and the Devs are NOT sitting up nights saying "Now how can I hurt DCUO and piss off the most players". They are in the business of BUSINESS. Their business is gaming and the customer (us) always has the option of not buying the services if they think they are being conned.

In FACT if a player believes that he or she is being taken advantage of and STILL supports the game, IMO they should consider buying a bridge that I have for sale in Brooklyn.
    • Like x 4
  16. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Yup. I think we will be well into 2020 before any really meaningful fixes are in place. The mess is SO bad that it is going some time just to "clean out the closet".

In the meantime, players have a lot of power to effect change. If we see items that are out of whack price wise and STILL buy them, OR of we sell far above what we know, historically are fair prices, then we are doing as much damage as people who actively cheat.

(For instance, I know from experience that a full stack of exo-material generally goes from between 10 and 20 million. I do not buy or SELL outside that range, period. )

On the other hand, if we refuse to overpay and refuse to over charge, we WILL see a gradual correction.
  17. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

Just because someone is setting these prices doesn’t mean they’re worth that or that anyone will pay for it. When nobody spends that kind of money, the price will come down
  18. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

meant to, no, probably not, though I suspect the "fix" was rolled out without further or secondary actions in order to make sure nothing interfered with the resale of the contents...
  19. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

duplicate post. squirrely browser.
  20. Walvine Well-Known Player

Inflation limit PER ITEM percentage of its default base stack predefined VALUE , Is the solution the only ones to disagree with this would be the ones who control the current inflation problem or the gold seller sites that spam the chats, Fairer prices to common items will encourage new players to continue playing.
    Inflation ratio could even vary per rarity of item
    This is just example how percentage world keep economy at a fair ballence values open to fine tune,
    The seller would not be able to sell beyond percentage value of the following item.
    Poor - 150%
    Common - 300%
    Uncommon - 600%
    Epic - 1200%
    Legendary - no restriction to keep the luthors and cobblepotts of the game happy

The current predefined values per item ID are currently out dated and obviously need to be updated for loot changes since before revamp.