Economy Actions Taken Today

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dwild Well-Known Player

I can deal with the actions taken. My one caveat is the restriction against mailing cash IF the cash mailed is within one account. I got online today and started selling all the accumulated loot I've been stashing in the banks of my non playing alts. (I actively play 3 toons but have like 4 that I only use during events or as storage depots.) Anyway, after I had sold a ton of stuff off one of the lower leveled toons, I tried to send the 12 million made to my primary active toon and got told I couldn't mail money. I can understand a restriction against mailing money to other subscribers and players, but not being able to transfer cash between alts within my account seems awkward. I now have 13 million bucks sitting in the possession of a CR 72 alt that I don't play and he can't forward it to my 288 CR primary. The loot the lowbie alt was selling was drops and items my active alts had acquired, but they cannot get the profits off the activities that got the loot. And the lowby alt isn't going to spend it. So he goes back to sitting on loot and will not sell it...he'll wait til one of the primaries has space to sell the loot on the broker...will be transferring the drops, not the cash. Oh well.
    • Like x 2
  2. Killah Criss Well-Known Player

And so basically the people who did this did not get banned permanently but instead got a slap on the wrist. Because if they were banned permanently they would've just said that. But instead they get reward by keeping all their items they used the glitch with, 75% of their ridiculous amount of money, and now they'll just continue to put things on the broker for ridiculous amounts.
  3. Hraesvelg Always Right

It also will mean those "limited time items" will probably NEVER be available, since everyone will dump them at the max and keep on trucking. People will buy them for alts and friends...if you aren't there at the time and ready to participate at that moment, you're boned. Artificial price caps lead to shortages in supply...and our "supply" of chase items is already pretty limited. This is a known economic consequence of artificial price caps.

Is it difficult to get the early, limited time items? Absolutely. Is it impossible? No. I'd much rather have a system that has something difficult to achieve than impossible to achieve. And if you will insist it's "impossible" for you to currently get one of the older materials...are you harmed, then, if someone else can get it? Since you're apparently out of luck in either case?
    • Like x 1
  4. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I think a general QOL change a lot of people (including me) keep asking for is a way, via the shared bank, to trade money between toons on one account.
    • Like x 2
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

How would this keep me from hording items? Maybe I'd trade my Red plasmic I've sat on for 4 years (arguably worth more than the cap would be) for your neon AND a Black hole accessory or something else. What putting a cap in does is make people NEED to end run around the broker....that's it. Much like putting the 1 billion cap did, although there was a reason for that on a technical level....you couldn't see the billion+ digit in the listing. It also makes things of high value an arbitrary value...I might think one thing is more valuable than another, but you might not. We can both agree that if your item sells for cash at a value and mine does too, that cash is the common denominator. Also, who says that rare items can't increase in value? They do in the real world? Hey Action comics was 10 cents 80 years ago....Now some jerk wanted (and got) 3.2 million for it...I'd go find him and tell him he's doing something wrong in your opinion. Keeping an item for years so that it's rarity increases therefore the value increases is the cornerstone of any collectable or luxury item market and lets face it everything in this game of value is a luxury item or collectable. Quit trying to 'fix' inflation...inflation is fine...it got screwed by the fake money and became 'hyper-inflation' which is not fine...unfortunately that is not really 'fixed' but it is better than last week at least.

Reinheld
  6. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

So, the Want To Buy/Want To Sell/Want To Trade Forum still isn't back up, and the Devs are clearly ignoring my question about it. Cool, cool. :rolleyes:
  7. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Made it through all 17 pages, and I have two thoughts.

1. Speculation about what did or didn’t happen to people who broke the TOS/EULA or repeating random claims from others will only make things worse. I 1,000% support PM-ing Mepps if you’re aware of a potential problem, but just making vague statements about enormous piles of rare items and/or cash just adds unnecessary confusion.

2. This was a good solution to an unsolvable problem. Thank you to the devs for working to find the best path forward.
  8. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

I have a Level 19 Bank/Broker alternate. I sold stuff on that character through the broker, but when I try to send the money to my main character, I am unable to send the money via mail. It says my character is not high enough level. I used to be able to send money to my main character before, so I'm guessing this is part of the new fixes that have been implemented.

Can the Development Team please let us know what level we have to get our alternates up to in order to transfer the money they make to our mains, please?
  9. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

Okay, sorry for the double post, but I can't edit my post anymore (too much time has passed). I asked in Chat what to do, and I was told that I would have to trade the money to someone I trust, then have them trade it back to me on the character I want the money to be on. I understand that this is probably to stop Gold/Money Sellers, and I support it. However, this is VERY inconvenient for those of us with multiple characters.

Please put a cash slot in our Shared Banks, or make money Account-Wide like Quarks. After being told what some of the parameters of those mistaken suspensions were, I am afraid to even give the money to someone I trust for them to give it back to me on the character I want the money on. I don't want either of our accounts at risk for faulty suspensions or bans.
  10. Dene Devoted Player

Its temporary - they stated it would be back soon
    • Like x 1
  11. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

Thank you. I didn't see it in the action notes on the initial post, so I made the posts I did. It's late where I am, so I'm a bit tired and... yeah, too lazy to have combed the previous sixteen pages. Your reply informing me of what's going on is much appreciated.
    • Like x 1
  12. Dene Devoted Player

All good :)

I'm one of those ppl that comes acrodss harsh but i just hate seeing ppl upset over things not happening LOL
  13. Great Mattsuper New Player

Find and for most I would like to thank the Devs for all their hard work it was easy for them to come up with a solution. Also If you can't mail money to your alt toons which I can understand that. For one it stops the gold sites but at the same time it hurts players from leveling up alt toons. I do have a few solutions to that problem. One you can make the money people get on there toons have all toons access to it. So for example if you have three million dollars on your hero when you go over to the villain side your villain has access to it as well. Another solution is in shared bank make a slot where it's called shared cash you can put a certain amount of money in it say one or two billion and it can be shared with your other toons so they can buy styles and other stuff you can charge a one time fee for it ad well like ten dollars hope this helps you guys out thank you the Great Mattsuper
  14. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

The prices are back up again. We knew it would happen. 500,000,000 for Black and white Neon Pack. The only thing that brings it down is volume of items available and a lack of demand.
    • Like x 1
  15. Irvynnge Loyal Player

saw a Master Mercenary head listed for 700 million today on the EUPS. a Master Mercenary head. 700 million. it'd dropped to 70 million after a few hours, but, still. 70 million for the Master Mercenary head is utterly ridiculous.
  16. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

If you want to see pages of items in the hundreds of millions then click on all and sort by amount. Also turn off the toggle for relevance. I think people should be able to make money in game but when does it become too much. Also, the new drops for booster bundle are listed in there for hundreds of millions now too.
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yes...if the items are listed in the broker for 100's of millions we are already ahead of the last TC where some items were in the 10's of billions. Yeah, it sucks that the money is still out of whack (and it is) but 'out of whack' is better than 'damaged beyond repair' any day.

Reinheld
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If you have no-one you trust and don't mind paying a 5% tax for the broker fee, you can always list a 100 million dollar(or whatever amount you are moving) ancient vellum, then buy it on your other toon that's holding the cash. Not saying it's perfect, but if you are in a rush...that's one way.

And hey...nowadays, someone might actually buy it for that price....so win-win if that happens.

But, yes....long term, a in-bank shared cash slot would be best. At that point, feel free to stop the mailing of cash altogether. It would inconvenience the gold sellers and cheats far more than it would the average player as long as alt to alt transfers could be done in the bank.

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  19. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

monetary saturation has already occurred. I saw calls for billion + prices again within hours of the broker reopening.

While the tax may have cut off the gross top end to the glitch cash (which I can't help but notice that some of our community's self-proclaimed "honest, fair salesmen" gorged on to the bursting point) what it also did was legitimize all the glitch cash taken in by people who weren't billionaires before the tax occurred.

If you participated in the last month of trading before the broker shut down, it was entirely possible to become a multi-billionaire overnight, where it would have been impossible even three months prior. So while the individual cap on billions may have been reset to a lower amount, the actual amount of billions in the economy is probably actually higher now.

TL: DR, this isn't going anywhere.
    • Like x 1
  20. Beverly B New Player

Please do something about the broker there is no reason what so ever that a collection from the Christmas event should be 99 million the drops rates need to be better
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.