Economy Actions Taken Today

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michgal89 New Player

Mepps quick question now that the restriction have been lifted what about the in game items account bound? Have they been place back to normal?
  2. August Moon Well-Known Player

and the gold sellers who will probably be at it again as soon as money trading through mail is active again? what about those guys?
    • Like x 2
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

To address this, we have taken three actions.

• We fixed the exploit.
    • We took action on the offenders' accounts.
    • We performed a one-time "progressive tax" to remove most of the fake cash.
    • Like x 1
  4. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

He literally describes the tax a "one time progressive tax" in bullet point about the tax.
    • Like x 1
  5. ConnerSandsmark Well-Known Player

That is a big jump from $500,000,001.00 to 10,000,000,000.00 might have wanted to start that bracket starting at 1,000,000,000.00. which it doesn't really matter to me I have never had 500,000,000.00
  6. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I think you're under estimating the kind of operation these people are running. If anything they might make more money off the game now because they don't have to compete with the glitchers anymore so they can raise prices again. Their stock will not be as affected as some think unfortunately. I've just learned to ignore them, but unfortunately I tend to ignore the whole chat box most of the time lol.
    • Like x 1
  7. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

Out of curiosity, what will happen to items that were in the broker at the time when the transaction shutdown began? Will they stay up or will they be mailed back...or what?
    • Like x 1
  8. ConnerSandsmark Well-Known Player

if they would do their job and ban those accounts, which means they haft to be in game, their would be no gold spammers
  9. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I don't expect broker prices to really change all that much until they are completely finished with the economy overhaul. There's still going to be people with enough money to control things. Not to mention all the items people have acquired during the free for fall. Devs definitely aren't finished here
    • Like x 1
  10. August Moon Well-Known Player

either you didnt read , or you had to much over 22 billion. either way . just delete the game and be done with it
    • Like x 1
  11. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

This update solves nothing. This people glitching the game have several accounts and the money spread across them, they would still control and dictate the prices on the broker and trade chat. They are literally laughing right now on Discord...

SMH
    • Like x 4
  12. Illumin411 Loyal Player

While I agree that in a perfect world the currency would get deflated, the rate of inflation over time is the far bigger issue. Japan gets along just fine with the average price of a hamburger being 768. Granted, the means that newer players get money and "catch up" would have to be increased.
    • Like x 1
  13. sheriffgoff Level 30

I think a good option for a permanent fix to the economy may be something like this; first all cash will be player bound so treated somewhat like loyalty marks but spendable everywhere. So lets say a player has 25 billion across 32 tunes ( which is the max I believe) it will show up as a total on every tune as 25 billion dollars but here is the catch, the broker is capped at say 250 mill ( or any number the devs fee appropriate) cash trade between players is capped at 250 million and can only be done once per day ( keeping people from still paying 1 bill for stuff over multiple transactions and no body trust anyone enough to give them 250 mill once a day for 4 days and still get the item they want) and mail cash is capped at 250 mill. this way no item in the game can be sold for more than 250 mill but players can still earn 100 bill if they want and not loose it.

just a thought, no not perfect but i think it can work
    • Like x 2
  14. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Which is still too much imo. There are people, maybe not many, who will have multiple accounts like this. The thing this latest adventure showed us is that it only takes a handful of people to really screw the economy
    • Like x 1
  15. August Moon Well-Known Player

its a start, all i can say is thanks for getting rid of the initial problem . if the gold sites also fall off then people would be more reluctant to spend their money . not selling things for cheap but maybe not paying for really expensive things either. prices might go down due to lack of payments and the idiot putting items in the broker at 999 mill certainly has no money right now at all
    • Like x 1
  16. Zneeak Devoted Player

Prices also rose specifically on new, super-rare, crappy droprate-driven items. Droprates from the Metal Episodes, aswell as the latest TC, any item from these recent implementations and contents were bought up, hoarded and resold with the low supply due to bad droprates in mind.

I do hope you keep that in mind and realize the need for potential droprate increases for OP collections, TC collections and such. If not, anybody who didn't get to snatch and keep a Neon Chroma (example of one item that was horribly impacted) during the crazy inflation are pretty much completely screwed now.
    • Like x 2
  17. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Even though I'm not sure it's enough, I can definitely appreciate this. Something had to be done soon. The game has been held hostage for long enough and with the new episode items building up, we needed something. Even if it is just a start
  18. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Oh there will still be a lot of billion dollar items. I'm definitely interested to see what some of the OP catalysts are going to open at
    • Like x 1
  19. Canadian Justice Committed Player

I'll be losing around 240ish million. Maybe I'll tax my first few sales to get that money back :D.

But in all seriousness, it's good to see something done. I just wish the solution was a bit more involved and addressed items as well as cash. Perhaps some accounts did get items trimmed, that falls under the "no comment" section though, so we'll never know.

I'd like to see mailing and trading cash stay gone, let the broker be the one and only source of cash movements.

Reduce quark vendor prices slightly, so when items go on there more people can afford things.

Add a vendor for content that is out of relevancy (content without a specific DLC currency) and add OP collections and other rare drops to it. Even if the source mark cost was on the higher side for some items, at least it would be a non-RNG source of acquisition.

By having alternate methods of acquiring items once they become "older", it allows players to work towards earning something and also limits rarity (and the associated trading cost). The "must have it now" crowd can still deal in billions for the newset shiny thing, but the rest of the game can just slowly work towards vendored items that they want.

In closing, #mapleleafemblem #tripledaybreakcashsale. Pretty please.
    • Like x 3
  20. The Nightwing New Player

If you had 24 billion now you have 18billion

And they say crime doesn’t pay.....

I can’t see how ppl under 100m can survive in the new economy

At least give me nightwing hairstyle as apologize gift
    • Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.