Economy Actions Taken Today

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Awsome Well-Known Player

Honest question... How much money did you have? If you are this upset, either you don't understand the progressive tax system or you had way more money than what could have been legitimately made.
    • Like x 9
  2. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Please Reconsider the Mailing of Money Restriction.
    Leave it as is Now.
    • Like x 4
  3. Gromm865s Active Player

This fixes nothing, broker prices will go right back to where it was pre glitch. Cash total on Account level, ok cool, what about PC players with more than 1 account or even the PS4 players who have multiple accounts?
    • Like x 6
  4. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

And if money is going to still be allowed in trade then there should be either a limit on the amount of money they can trade, how many times a day they can trade money, or both. As long as you can trade/mail money, any changes to a broker cap is pointless.
    • Like x 4
  5. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Yep. It should slow down inflation at least - as long as there isn’t another glitch to exploit.
    • Like x 2
  6. Hraesvelg Always Right

Actually 225 mil, if I did my napkin math right. It's a progressive system, so that 5% only applies to 4.5 bil...but yeah. I'm thinking they're going to be dealing with overall inflation at some point later, as Mepps alluded to earlier in this thread.
    • Like x 1
  7. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

This is actually a lot better idea than some have of just capping the broker and leaving trade/mail untouched.

Also what happened to all those who stashed money in the mail or on deleted toons? Were the devs able to lump that in somehow?
    • Like x 1
  8. Elsa Whitworth New Player

I'm noticing people claiming they can't possibly have tainted cash because they never traded with players. If you've ever used the broker, your items could have been bought by someone using tainted cash. I sincerely doubt one could have cash in the billions without ever trading or using the broker. You'd have to be farming on multiple characters and never buying anything to manage that given how little npc vendors pay for anything.
    • Like x 3
  9. MisterMayhem New Player

i think the best solution wouldve been to eliminate cash trades and mailing, making everything go through the broker and then capping the broker at 100 million.
    • Like x 1
  10. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

it’s funny...cause he’s not getting his money back...real or fake in-game cash! LMAO!
    • Like x 2
  11. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Exactly. I'm also curious about the ones who are stashing billions of money on deleted characters. The mail system should have flushed out that haven by now I guess.
    • Like x 1
  12. Brother Allen Loyal Player

The system they utilized for the Taxing was Account wide, not per toon. So I'm sure it registered that cash as well.
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The economy actions are just US PS/PC. The other servers were minimally impacted, if at all. Anyone exploiting anywhere has been dealt with regardless of server.
    • Like x 14
  14. Miss Adora Loyal Player

so if you have $500 mill- $10 billion and only losing 5% you still have $425mill- $9.5 billion
    if you have $10bill- 15 billion and losing 10% you still have $9 bill- $13.5 billion
    if you have $15 bill -$20 billion and losing 20% you still have $12 bill- $16 billion
    if you have $20bill- $25 billion and losing 25% you still have $15 bill- $18.75 bill
    If you have over $25 bill you are sol.
  15. Marih New Player

So, when can we expect something on Eu/PS4 or Xbox?
  16. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

The fairness or otherwise of this is entirely dependent on whether or not glitchers get perma bans.

If innocent players are 'punished' & any glitcher has escaped a perma ban, then it's not fair.

I welcome the monitoring.

I'm taking a 50m+ hit, however I know players who have never done anything questionable, & who will lose a lot more & it sucks for them. Given they're on the EU server, which has remained relatively stable, it's hard to argue they benefitted from unnatural inflation.

Edit: last paragraph redacted given Mepps' update suggests it's not impacting EU.
    • Like x 2
  17. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Thank you Devs. A great first step and you're right it kind of sucks but it is still most fair.
    Don't listen to the haters on this thread. Y'all have done a good job with this and that is the action I would have taken.
    • Like x 1
  18. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I like this except the broker cap. The cap is fine, they just need to bump the fees majorly to sell higher priced items. Like the other poster said, force everything through the broker and higher fees will help with removing a lot more money. It would actually compliment this first step fairly well
    • Like x 4
  19. spack2k Steadfast Player

nah ur first 500mil are not taxed, u cant get below 500mil
    • Like x 1
  20. sheriffgoff Level 30

one thing no one has mentioned is how many times will this be applied, which is not stated in mepps posting. right now i have 3.5 billion spread out across 17 tune. now under that first bracket it states 0% under 500,000,000 and all my tunes are under that amount. so when I mail it to my main ( this of course assumes that mailing money will be back ) will it then be taxed one time only or will my 3.5 billion be taxed every week or month/ will future earnings be taxed? how will this be managed in the future.

I spend thousands of my hard earned money on this game ( i know haters its to high but this is what i choose to spend my money on for my own entertainment ) and want to know how this will affect me in the future. I definitely dont want my money taxed every week till that 5% tax rate cleans me out to 500 mill, then it is just stealing at that point.

to be clear i believe this is a good step in the right direction as long as this isnt a so acting cash wipe.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.