A way for developers to make old content relevant again

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Darth_Andrea, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Brit Loyal Player

Aye. I don't mind the option, but I would never want it to become the standard. I wouldn't want everything to scale, but having a single rotating Alert and Raid that appear in the Event tab that get scaled up would be cool, kind of like Legends PvE but without the whole Legends part of it.
    • Like x 2
  2. BSEison Well-Known Player

As someone who generally prefers to play solo, I love this idea. And I would actually spend real money on Legends for the first time to make sure I had the teammates I wanted for different instances.
  3. Tanya_83 Level 30

At least make Teleports for old raids and alerts so we can solo or duo them!
    • Like x 1
  4. Nangaf Well-Known Player

This game is my favorite game but often I can not play because it is really very long before we find players because people make the wire always for the same alert and raid. revive the old raid and alert so that we can do a matchmaking for ALL alert and raid would be the best thing in the world, I am forced to have at least 3 characters and alternate them to be able to play constantly
  5. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

I agree, no incentives leaves us nothing to work for. If you don't work then you can't /eat in-game or irl.
  6. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

On the subject of scaling, me either. Super heroes and villains both grow in powe or in the least most have known powers and limits. You won't see Ambush Bug over powering Superman, ever. So with that being said, as we progress through TIERS we should become more powerful and furthermore why would Tier II be leveled to Tier IV, tiers are meant to be per level i.e. per tier (at all others, I quoted your post as I liked your thoughts even though my entire reply isn't direct @you respectively). Not many role play on here in fact some mock it but in reality there is a level of role play whether you actively see yourself doing so or not.
  7. hoaxone Committed Player

I remember a few years ago, there was talk about the ability to solo que into things. That could easily fix some older content.
    But as a returning player, it's pretty bad when I cant get a que for a JLD raid at 8pm est as a healer. Something needs to be done.
  8. Dwild Well-Known Player

Too much of the old content REQUIRES more than one player. A solo high level can walk into the Batcave missions and walk through them...but they can't do the low level Kahndaq raid because there are at least 4 places where you need a minimum of 4 players just to turn off monitors and such. Too many raids require simultaneous actions by multiple players (sort of like how it takes 2 guys sitting too far apart to turn nuclear launch keys.
  9. Dwild Well-Known Player

As for the JLD issue you mentioned...I have to agree...as soon as Metal 1 came out most people abandoned anything earlier...when green armor drops in Metal 2 are better than the Yellow armor you ground out and bought in Metal 1, most players will jump to the new DLC and forget about anything earlier. Only the feat hunters regularly go back...which is why you can still get Elite raids together in the Earth 3 DLC.
  10. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

To make old content relevant I always thought they could make a separate version of old content (just the raids and alerts).....scale to the CR requirements of latest DLC, Put rare (tradeable) drops of auras, materials, trinkets, completion seals etc in the content for something to shoot for aside from the scaled challenge. ZooE and PanE still get plenty of action for those rare drops. Works for them. Use that formula except have a scaled version that has its own rewards.