Reset everyone’s cash already

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Olli Malicious, Dec 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingmasternova Loyal Player

Your cash hasn't been void because you have collected the stuff you need. If you spend more after getting everything that's your own fault for spending more then you should have.
    • Like x 2
  2. The Con Dedicated Player

AAAAAAANNNNNDDDD... That's the thing...

After spending my hard earned money... I STILL don't have everything I need.

When the RNG for the rare collection pieces are sooooo high... by design... that you have to open a thousand loot boxes to get what you need...
    You're supposed to... by design... sell off the repeat items and put the money into your bank so you can afford to buy the things that you still need.

Look.. I'm not being greedy here.... I just expect to keep what I paid for.
  3. Mukkah New Player

Exactly. When you have to spend a couple hundred dollars to get all the collection pieces you will have left overs. I don't mind spending that money because l know the extras can be sold for in game cash which can help me with the next TC or crazy rare OP collection. If you are now saying that the items l paid for can be taken away at any time because dcuo screwed up then l will not be playing the TC game ever again. If a cash wipe was to happen then they would have to erase all bank items or make them account bound. Otherwise you will just have people with full banks of items selling them and making lots of cash. That would be unfair to the people that sold the items and had their cash erased.
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

You got exactly what you paid for, a virtual item, that at all times was subject to change, deletion, alteration and any other raft of things at Daybreaks sole and absolute discretion.

If money and that's an if, is wiped then that isn't because Daybreak want to rob you, stop blaming Daybreak and start blaming the real offender, the trash in this community who decided that it was ok to ruin it for everyone.

Theyre the ones you should be blaming, not anyone else and if Daybreak have to take action to fix the fallout from players actions then that's on the players not the developers.
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Daybreak didn't screw up, the players did when they decided to break the terms of service and exploit something instead of reporting it and you know showing an once off restraint to then not do it and get it fixed.

Those players screwed up and you in the process.
    • Like x 1
  6. Mukkah New Player

Dcuo screwed up by not dealing with the problem when people started noticing it. It wasn't until a coupe days after the release of the last TC that they decided to start dealing with the problem. They made alot of money on TC sales in those few days which they would not have made if the broker was disabled and we had the same trade restrictions. They knew about the problem and did nothing about it until they made a nice profit. There is no way they didn't know about the problem before the release of the TC. The community was screaming about it and broker sales had pretty much stopped due to everything costing 999,999,999
    • Like x 1
  7. The Con Dedicated Player

I don't really believe there is going to be a money wipe... Mainly, because I know that they'd know that would be unfathomably unfair.

And "WHAT I PAID FOR" is a chance to get an item I need... with the expectation of selling off those that I don't... The ability to sell those items is part of "WHAT I PAID FOR".
  8. Maxwill Committed Player

reset everyone's cash? are you out of your freaking mind????? I guess you are only logical if you are broke ! so you must be broke to say that. Many of us farmed for hours to buy stuff ingame because not of us can nor have to spend thousands of real money to buy what we need.
  9. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I love how the prevailing mindset is that you can only advocate for a cash reset if you're poor.

It couldn't possibly be because the current system is completely detached from any grounding whatsoever in sustainability or balance - the current model for billionairehood in this game revolves heavily around TC / rare collection resale, as opposed to actual in-game farming / crafting.

Not to mention that once that "nine figure number" becomes a regular-use item price range through glitch money, virtually no amount of actual farming alone is going to be sufficient to get a player to that level as well. For you to get "in" you will either be required to engage in the same market manipulation strategies employed by others (not all of which are necessarily negative market behaviors) or required to purchase TC for the chance of rare-item "big money" drops - which are the other two factors of occurrence that allowed the system to get to this point.

This system actively makes it difficult to obtain that level of money in any other timely manner - anyone ingame can build a billion dollar empire overnight here with a 20 dollar bill and a few good rolls, you cannot do it the same way using the other method. If that was the case, to be frank there wouldn't be a question and no one would know there's a glitch because rare item resale wouldn't be the only game in town. And there's a debatable fairness about being able to literally buy your luck that I think a guy in this position -

would object to, somewhat.
    • Like x 1
  10. Aspirit Active Player

The money needs to be reset not for the sole purpose that trillions were dumped but because the players who own the bad money can buy and manipulate the game (economy) items forever. This is the reason it cannot stand its against game regulation in any mmo.

The devs are working to implement a fix, they know everything and I believe the game will not be held hostage by the new oligarchs against all terms of agreements that make the game fair for everyone.
  11. hoaxone Committed Player

Some of these posts are making me laugh. Clearly some people wasnt around for the first reset. If you paid, and this is hilarious to say out loud now, spent hundreds on TCs then your actually due nothing. It's all virtual, owned and managed by a company. They can choose what they want to do with anything in their game world.

Erase all the money in any mail across the server.
    Return all items in broker and mail to sender.
    Set everyone to 100m. Reset the economy to that point or lower.
    Benefits everyone. If your a hoarder, sorry, you wasnt doing anything with the cash anyway right?
    • Like x 1
  12. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Is exactly why I have been premium for the last 3 years people in this game are too shady for for my taste, not just the people in this game but the games design.
  13. The Con Dedicated Player

Says the person who didn't spend hundreds on TCs.

Of course, they are owed for the money they spent.

Who do you think is keeping this game alive?.... The people NOT spending money??o_O

And SORRY...YOU don't get to say what they are doing with THEIR cash.
  14. Dene Devoted Player

The DT they just announced could be what you are waiting for
    • Like x 1
  15. Dwild Well-Known Player

Yeah, shut down half an hour early and up to 9 hour downtime..hopefully that's a fix to the broker/money problem. And they may set limits on what you can sell items for, but if they arbitrarily set a limit on cash already owned, especially on subscribers, I suspect a third of the people in the game would throw up their arms in disgust and quit. Spending 2 or 3 years grinding up assets only to see them wiped because a handful of low lives screwed with the game would induce pure rage in many players...and I'm not talking about the Rage skill.
  16. ToRaW New Player

The ones that would quit are the ones that pay for this game you know not premium or free to play. I will gladly take a wipe if DC will buy all my quarks say 10 for a dollar I have 20 thousand quarks so buy my quarks for $2,000.00 dollars I spent real money on TC'S for this fake DC cash if you are going to take that away Lawsuits will follow.
    • Like x 1
  17. The Con Dedicated Player

THIS^
  18. rimvader Well-Known Player

Let's be real, the RNG was out of wack since the Amazon Time Capsule. After dropping $30+ (low balling it) per new TC people want something to show for it. I only buy TC's with membership DB cash and in game earned stabilizers, and working the broker for the rest. This gives people a reason to buy more TC's, in hopes of making in-game billions.
  19. hoaxone Committed Player

Please read what u agreed upon in the terms of service. Its enlightening.
  20. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

*spent money*
    *agrees with him*

Now what?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.