queuing for old content is impossible

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Laguna Frost, Dec 16, 2019.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Thank you for pointing out the flaw in the oh-so-genius request. No one ever considers that there is no upside for new players which they appear to concern for. Portals only ever help high CR players that can potentially solo or duo older content.

The real issue at hand that no one seems to ever address...LFG is not on by default. Yeah shout works...but it's location based. If you're in the watchtower/hall of confusion doom but the people you need to reach that would join your group are in Metropolis, you're reaching no one with Shout. And if they haven't turned on LFG, they can't answer your call.
    • Like x 3
  2. Dwild Well-Known Player

Even if they did have walk ins for older content, there are still some missions you could normally walk through (Batcave missions for example) but there are other old missions that have feats that you can't do alone. Kahndaq, where you need at least 3 or 4 people just to activate the pools cause you have to turn things on simultaneously. Missions where you have to have two people standing on tiles to open doors for others to go through. Paradox missions where you have to fight 2 mobs simultaneously in order to open the door to the last room...and the two fights have to be won in a certain period of time.
    • Like x 2
  3. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

I know this has been mentioned before, but a solution that IMO would be fun is to allow you to fill out a party with "Legends" . This could be implemented a the same time as an older DLC converts from special marks to source marks.
    • Like x 1
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

That's putting a LOT more faith in NPC AI than I'd ever consider.

I keep getting flashes of NPCs lunging clear across a map/room and effectively putting themselves out of the fight whenever I think of a group filled out with NPCs. LOL
    • Like x 4
  5. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

That ALONE would make it fun :)
    • Like x 1
  6. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

I love the idea of being able to walk in and solo content, but with some of the mechanics, it probably isn't possible.
    They have to find a way to make old content relevant again, and worth revisiting. Maybe in running old content, you can get higher XP exobytes and Nth Metal than what you can get in the current content. Do that and people will grind old content all day erry day.
  7. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

Trust me i'm on day 5 queung up for Prison Break Raid and not a single que.
    I gave up on Braniac's Boottled Ship as no one ever qued.

At this point the game needs walk ins.
    • Like x 1
  8. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

As I understand it, the DEVS have said that walk ins , beyond those that are already in place, are kind of game breaking.
    • Like x 1
  9. The Con Dedicated Player

Maybe they could add a timer on the que...

Let's say at 20 minutes, a widow pops up to ask "WOULD YOU LIKE TO ENTER WITH GROUPS AS IS?" and we could choose to enter or wait to see if we get more people?
  10. gemii Dedicated Player

they should give you automatic bots to play with if you cant find a group via LFG or if a Que is taking to long.
    • Like x 1
  11. hazard099 Active Player

we need either some form of reward for higher tier players some solo access for some of the content that can be done solo also love the bots or legends idea. considered creating a group of players just to do older content for feats,collections and to help lower levels
  12. gemii Dedicated Player

the only sucky part about the bots is if you want to try for a feat it wont happen because their bots but at least you can still get in the content and complete it.. get your loot/currency and what not.
    • Like x 1
  13. hazard099 Active Player

or how about being able to solo older content when your cr gets to a certain level
  14. Xibo Loyal Player

They could sell in the Marketplace a ticket to enter right into the these instances as happens with the vault.
  15. Walvine Well-Known Player

Devs could just add catalyst bonus in all low tier content , higher crs would be diving into the ques.
    Unfortunately it's comunity issue really players treat the role play as a career choice so see every mission that doesnt enhance their power as a choir , not blaming any one just the way the game design influence the masses to try up their combat rating as fast as possible skipping everything between .
    • Like x 1