Tell us what Base items you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

Not a base item but probably you have heard of Solar Tower in DC Comics.

[IMG]

The Solar Tower is a massive, golden skyscraper located in the heart of midtown Metropolis, only a few blocks away from the Daily Planet. The building was owned by billionaire Loren Jupiter who, along with the mysterious Omen, used it as a base of operations in which to form a new team of Teen Titans. To the general public, it was the corporate headquarters of Jupiter Industries.
    I could not find an specific building in Metropolis exactly like this but there is a large golden building very near to Daily Planet in the game, which looks so much like the Solar Tower, I don't know if you'd been planning for this or not, but would it be possible to add an entry to this building and enable players to pick it as a base in the game, please? I mean it shouldn't be really hard to just make an entry in front of it which teleports players to their base.
    • Like x 1
  2. TheBatmanFanBG Well-Known Player

I think there are many people here in the forum who want to see Alfred Pennyworth in their bases!

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  3. michgal89 New Player

I am not gonna lie. When DC universe online came out with the Batman base pack I was ecstatic. But upon further inspection of the base items I notice we are missing a bit of base items that are actually in the Batcave. First and foremost, The inner sanctum has bots and ceiling bot crates which the pack does not have. Also the round platform is so large that the only place your able to place them is some odd places in base. To correct this I wish we were able to be given full free mode to place base items in our base. Meaning being able to move all base items however and where ever we want like upside down really close to the floor inside walls and etc. As I notice the round platform is actually in batscape and any Batcave LPVP and PVP where the batwing is located. It actually has 2 upside down round platform with a mix of support beams. I wanted to recreate the look of the Batcave but with such a limited amount of move ability it won’t happen. I would love for you guys to allow us to get a replica base of fortress of solitude or Batcave or even hall of justice base. Allowing us more choices or even more ability and free realm option for base items. I would certainly spend what ever amount to get a Batman base replica. Another base item I would love to see is actual door opening base items. I currently use Batcave door closed at some of my base entrances and usually have to destroy it to open it. Looks cool when it closed but cheap when I have to break it to open my base. Someone else mentioned an Alfred penny worth. I would agree more. I would love to see alfred just doing his own thing like cleaning base items and having him once in a while tell me something about my base. Or even giving me food.
    • Like x 1
  4. Ascended Well-Known Player

You know, maybe we're looking at Base NPC's the wrong way. At least to a point.

I think you could probably take some no-name random NPC's, like scientists and security guards and whatever, and treat them like regular base items. We've got base items that have some movement effects on them, like the bats swarming around the stalactites, rain falling, and so on. Would it be possible to take a NPC, turn it into a base item, and attach a basic emote or animation to it without having to go full on "it walks around and makes noise and has cute animations" base pet?

I mean, a base item that's just one of the scientists we already have in game, who's constantly doing the "uses a terminal" emote would work for a lot of bases and League Halls right? You drop it in front of a computer and it looks like you got a guy hard at work, right? It'd require less work for the devs and we could populate our bases with a support staff. It might not be as enjoyable as having something as animated as Krypto or Ambush Bug, but I'd accept it for the no-name guys.

Oh, as an added benefit, doing it like this, with more emphasis on "base item" instead of "base pet" means those angelic drones will leave our no-name support staff alone. My League Hall is full of those drones, and it looks great. Until we placed a Wonder Dog in the Hall. Then every drone in the Hall swarmed in. It was actually kinda creepy, like a Hitchcock movie. So now the Hall has a Wonder Dog we're not using, because those drones love base pets a little too much, as it turns out. It's weird too, I've got drones in my personal bases and while they'll chase down Krypto or Ambush Bug for a quick hug, they generally just do their thing and float around randomly. The League Hall though? They bee-line from every room and will not leave that poor animal alone. They don't give hugs and then go back where they belong, they just crowd around Wonder Dog and clutter up and refuse to leave.
    • Like x 3
  5. Shadobi Level 30

UNIQUE DIVIDERS
    1. Divider with door that opens and shuts.
    * Examples: Technological Door Divider.

2. Divider with secret door that slides or opens.
    * Examples: Lava Rock Divider. Sea Rock Divider.
    3. Waterfall Divider the lets you pass though it.
    * Examples: Lava fall Divider. Cloud Divider.
    4. Divider with open or closed windows.
    * All dividers should have semi-matching designs of purchasable homes.
    * Large and Small for League Bases and Homes.

TRANSPORTATION BASE ITEM's
    1. Thanagar Ships Large scale that looks nice in League bases.
    2. Motorcycle that would make Nightwing proud. Large scale.
    3. Bicycles.
    4. Batman Vehicles from the movies. Large scale.

Maybe a new DLC to get cool rare base item from old and the new Content.

When traveling in Metropolis city or Gotham City and the new revamped "Central City" you might get possible
    call from Police or Crime Boss to a point of interest Banks, Jewelry Store, Shops, Old city content locations etc...

Hero side: Crimes being committed by normal criminal or a super villain and officers need of assistance.
    *Possible heroes of the city might show.

Villain side: Criminals being pinned by local police or a superhero and needing assistance for fee of course.
    *Possible villains of the city might show.

Get a few people out of the watch tower traveling around...
    • Like x 1
  6. Ascended Well-Known Player

I agree with this. When I saw the new Thanagar ships on YouTube, the angle of the camera made them look bigger, maybe about the size of Alexander Luthor's dimensional ship, which isn't big but is still big enough a character could actually fit in one. Made me super happy. But they're actually smaller than the model version of Luthor's ship. I was kinda disgusted honestly. Those things look amazing, but they're way, way too small.

We very much need more proper sized vehicles, and I'm dying to get some big huge thing that's designed for a League Hall and not a player's Base. There's so many iconic vehicles, too.

Superman's rocket.
    Robin, Black Canary, and Nightwing's motorcycles.
    We've got approximately three billion different Batmobiles and Batwings and Batcycles and Bat-pogo sticks. I love the marketplace Batmobile and Batwing (though the plane is too small) but why limit ourselves to just one?
    The Haunted Tank.
    Invisible Jet (yeah I know, the jokes are too easy here). And so many more! And so many cool, non-iconic vehicle possibilities too!!

I really like the idea of a DLC that puts new stuff into old open world too. I don't know about the rest of the community but I'd support a DLC that focused on classic Metropolis and Gotham instead of new zones.
  7. Sexy_Shell Active Player

More flash base items. There are tons of things in dcu world that could be great base items.
    I'd still like to see more ceiling and wall covers. I was happy to see the star windows, but would've been nice to offer the item for the walls too. More items like that can make an interestibg base or league hall.
  8. LanternSector91 New Player

Please make power based lairs...I want my lantern lairs soo much
    • Like x 1
  9. BlackJak New Player

more computers/terminals
  10. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I been thinking about this for a while now so I thought I would put it up as a idea. I would like to see a base item or league that is maybe like a picture where we go customized our own text or upload our own picture inside.
  11. Ascended Well-Known Player

Haven't mentioned this in forever, and haven't seen anyone else mention it in a while (maybe I've just missed it), but can we please finally get a Boom Tube for a base item?
  12. Brit Loyal Player

That is literally all I want from them. I actively DON'T want them wandering around. I just want a few generic people I can put in my base.

Specifically, my base design is supposed to be a prison, so I just want to be able to lock my captured generic criminals in some of the cells.
  13. NotHappy Active Player

The computer monitors and kiosk that are in Star Labs
  14. Ascended Well-Known Player

I want both, honestly.

I want some generic, no-name people like security guards and scientists that stand still, perform one emote or minor animation, and otherwise are treated like regular base items, and I also want base pets/NPC's that wander and talk and do stuff.

Ideally I'd love to be able to put some guards in my League Hall prison, some scientists in my labs, and have the main hub populated with a couple pet/NPC's (who don't "have" to be actual DC characters but could be things like the STAR agents in mech suits). Of course, for me, my Hall is full of angelic drones and those things swarm Wonder Dog to the point where I had to take the dog out, so maybe I'm better off without the "pets" and should just stick to hoping for regular base items that happen to be no-name people.
  15. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

i would like to see a salmon ladder ,a self explosive item that irf you interact with it the item explote , npc guards or robots
  16. AdmirableRandomness New Player

A pretty cool base item (or so I think it'd be) is a living Minotaur base item. I know the ideas that I have next are pretty morbid or brutal but here goes. The Minotaur would be just like all other pets on DCUO, with an obvious set of differences, of course. The Minotaur could come with a pet bowl (mummified corpses) and whenever you destroy the bowl, it roars. Just like Krypto. Another thing that you guys could do with the Minotaur is that you could make one (the one on the WANTED:Minotaur Bounty) to go in the league hall and one for a base. The chances are slim to 9000 of Daybreak ever reading/ seeing this, but I just wanted to share my ideas on what I thought'd be a cool base item. I just think it'd be super cool to have a minotaur in your base that for once doesn't attack you.
  17. Krytin Active Player

I do think the butler telling us something is wrong with the base or league hall. Plus waterfalls that have moving water
  18. infinitygauntlt Well-Known Player

Good afternoon
    1. All Lantern Corps wall Constructs or dividers on marketplace 4 per pack.
    2. All Lantern Corps construct base items.
    3. All Lantern corps base pets and Henchmen.
    4. All lantern corps Batteries large and small base items.
    5. Open world Lantern base items like metropolis, metropolis battle zone made available to players.
    * Make a lantern Healer powerset* pass it on, Please!
  19. Ascended Well-Known Player

New month, so I guess it's time for my monthly request of a League Hall sized, high-tech meeting table like what the iconics have in the Watchtower and Hall of Doom. Something big enough to go in that monitor room in our Hall and not look tiny. Preferably with a hologram of earth floating above it. Preferably interactive in some way but I'll be happy just to finally get a table big enough for my League to stand around. Seriously, I'd settle for a larger version of the optimized large table at this point.

More vehicles, and some vehicles that're League Hall sized. We've got whole lists of possibilities up-thread.

More base NPC's. Again, there's lists already made.

More tech stuff in general, more STAR Labs tech in particular.

And could we get more themed base bundles on the marketplace like the Flash and Batman stuff?
  20. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

a motorcicle ,a least a car or helicopter or a boat or another plane ,more training facilities decoration and maybe a martial arts ring