In my opinion...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by thirty six, Dec 10, 2019.

1. thirty six Loyal Player

We should have gotten at least one, if not a few, updates on when to expect specific parts of the game to be restored. Such as broker, mail, etc. But the only info I've seen was Mepps closing a thread and saying a little bit, which I was appreciative for. I'm not asking you to show your hand, for transparency, or anything awkward. Just updates with some sort of expectation.

I don't think you guys are doing a bad job in this situation, just wish we knew more about when to expect to be able to play the whole game again.
    • Like x 3
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

They will give us info when there's info to give, no amount of asking (even politely) will speed up that process.
    • Like x 5
  3. thirty six Loyal Player

I expect a better response from you, sir. Super generic, and, I wasn't asking for a response. I stated that I felt we should have been more informed, and updated.
    • Like x 1
  4. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Mepps: "We expect our investigations and actions to be complete early next week, at which point we expect these restrictions to be lifted. This is subject to change."

I mean, that's pretty specific, right?
    • Like x 4
  5. zor ile Well-Known Player

more is never enough remember that
    • Like x 2
  6. Awsome Well-Known Player

I was going to say, they have been giving us updates. They probably can't be too specific for a lot of reasons, but they have told us that everything is going back up early next week if everything goes as planned, so I don't know what else you want from them.
    • Like x 1
  7. Brit Loyal Player

I don't expect them to give me updates until they are essentially done.

When I take my car to the mechanic, I don't want them to stop working on it every couple of hours to call me up and tell me how it's going. I want them to call me when it's done and ready to be picked up.

When it comes to game developers, I'd rather they be "under the hood" so to speak, working on the game, instead of hanging out on the forums to answer the same question a hundred times.
    • Like x 1
  8. Xibo Loyal Player

What about, for example, increase Gotham and Metropolis maps?
  9. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

Shark Dental quoted it, but here's the specific thread that Mepps updated: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/cash-and-trade-restrictions.305917/

That last post was made after he closed my thread where I asked for more information. Hope it was what you were looking for, because that's all we've gotten thus far! ^_^

Unfortunately, the lockdowns on trading and selling has gotten a good number of people in the league my "main" is in to go play other games. I'm hoping they all come back once this stuff is all sorted out, but from what I know of gamers, once they break a habit for another habit... they usually don't go back to the older one. :-(
    • Like x 1
  10. thirty six Loyal Player

Check the post dates before you comment. And, as I said twice now, I am talking about throughout the process, not just now. Get it together, kid.
  11. thirty six Loyal Player

So you're saying the receptionist is the same person working on your car? Sounds risky.
  12. thirty six Loyal Player

Just stop. Move along.
  13. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

"i want updates"
    "here's updates."
    "those updates aren't good enough."
    • Like x 2
  14. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

Full respect to the devs least they are taking their time and sorting the problem.
    • Like x 1