The community and the Broker.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, Dec 10, 2019.

1. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

I concur.
    • Like x 1
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

That doesn't make sense, lol. That statement of his is 100% false, then.
    • Like x 2
  3. IzzysLantern New Player

Best i can figure is most people who seriously play this game are ether a. People who manipulate the broker (cause of inflation/bad economy), b. People who spend enough cash not to notice/ not be affected by a. ( bad economies always hit the less fortunate more), c. Players who see the problem and are affected by it but choose to accept it and just struggle through, dd. The sheep who believe whatever toxic thing that is spreading( toxic opions are often the loudest and most heard so they take it as truth). I myself am a b. I only recently noticed how much this affected the players and drove them away, especially new players. The a. People spread the toxic notion that new players are begging, but no new player has the coin or ability to farm enough for ANYTHING IN BROKER wothout dumpping cash in. Which they obviously do not want to do after meeting so e of the fine members of this wonderful community
  4. Proxystar #Perception

No, you are mistaken the flaming phoenix feather was never, ever as low as 2million dollars, I'm not saying an error didn't happen when someone tried to list or some idiot had no idea what it was, but outside of that anomoly that was never the price it was 70-100mil on USPC/PS

Also for the record, since you named me after all, I'll politely point out this is not the first time I've had a discussion about this games economy. However, prior to now things have been inflated but they've been stable, there's a difference between some natural inflation and the hyper inflation that has occurred as a result of an actual glitch, which is the only reason the topic has been raised again more prolifically so your frustration, anger, whatever with regard to people supposedly ignoring the topic as well is probably a little misplaced ;)
    • Like x 3
  5. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

There must be a misunderstanding. I didn't say it was from the born of fire collection. It was actually from the void if I can recall.
  6. Dwild Well-Known Player

Note, Mepps just posted a message that "they expect their (actions, activities, whatever) to be completed early next week." Maybe broker will come back online then. Who knows?
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Same thing, was never 2mil mate ;) - void came out after phoenix.
    • Like x 2
  8. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I know, I'm saying when the material first dropped and the time capsules were dropping for everyone, the prices weren't as expensive for some of the collections for the material. You must be thinking of only 1 out of the 12 pieces needed to make the collection? The rare piece from the void was 45-50 million if I can recall. My point is that even the useless pieces in the collection were posted on the broker for 100-300 Mill and they were only about 1-2million when it first came out.
  9. Darth Piper Loyal Player

What was the rare collection for the Phoenix Material? The Flaming Phoenix Feather or something like that.... it was selling in the broker for around $100 mil... before they came up with the Booster Gold vendor.
    • Like x 1
  10. Awsome Well-Known Player

This is literally just the laws of supply and demand. When there are a lot floating out there, the cost is low. Once the supply dries up, even things that used to be common are no longer common. It causes a higher demand, and therefore cost will rise.
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Since the introduction of the time capsules things have been relatively static all the way up until very recently, probably mid this year, if I was to take a guess.

The rarest collections would be 50-100mil with all others being significantly lower, it's stayed pretty static over the course of that time, even with a capsule glitch going on as well, after that was fixed the prices didn't shoot up, they only shot up following the money glitch
    • Like x 1
  12. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Yes, this was the point I was trying to get across. I think not only was it because of the money glitch inflation, but also because the TC were timed and when they became rare so did the items. The devs don't realize it but by having timed TC they also threw the economy out of whack.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Exactly, the moment the capsule disappears, you may as well wait for the quark vendor. In fact this is actually smart.

The quark vendor is there for a reason and when it comes to time capsules, I only target things that I cosmetically desire, if I'm not going to wear something for any more than a day then I'm not going to buy it and I'll wait.

Not everyone has that level of perseverance of course, cause they're chasing that SP carrot ;)
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

What were you expecting though, that's not really inflation so much as it is enforced rarity, like I said if you want that item you're better off waiting for the quark vendor rather than paying exorbitant prices for it.
    • Like x 1
  15. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I made a few suggestions on what could be done to fix this mess but my real question is if this could even be fixed without major sacrifice? A lot of people might be wanting to keep their money but I just don't see how they could"if" they want the economy to be fixed permanently.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

In my opinion the sweet spot is probably to target returning the economy to where it was with ultra rare collections going for around 50mil-100mil, that probably doesn't require a total reset of cash or anywhere near, you could of course go further but that's up to the developers. In fact it's entirely up to them whether they do anything at all really, of course I suggest they do. ;)
    • Like x 1
  17. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/economy-fix-idea-opinion.306183/

This (in my opinion) seems to be the only way I could see the economy being fixed "permanently" for years to come. If you can think of something else that would be great. Just two out of the three could make a huge difference.
  18. Awsome Well-Known Player

OK, I think I'm starting to understand your line of thinking. But, I vehemently disagree with your thought process. Just because there are expensive things, does not mean that the economy is out of whack. Quite the opposite, actually. The economy was actually working really well for a while. Yes, some things were prohibitively expensive, but that was the point.

What made the economy out of whack was something three months ago selling for 30M is now selling for 800M, and not because it became more scarce. In fact, it was less scarce but the price just skyrocketed. And no. It wasn't just someone buying them up and gouging. (maybe some of that, but that wouldn't work if no one could just simply afford them) It happened because of the trillions of printed currency that was infused into the market.
    • Like x 2
  19. Zneeak Devoted Player

Exactly. That's way, way, waaaaaaaaaay more than what the statement from Kanmaru claimed.
    • Like x 1
  20. Awsome Well-Known Player

yeah.... no... that's just a bad idea. Fixed pricing... low arbitrary caps... sales limits.... Just ask Cuba how all those ideas worked for them...
    • Like x 1