Possible Bug: Since hotfix my XBox controller randomly stops working (USPC)

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by Magnificent, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Magnificent Loyal Player

I'm not 100% sure this is a controller thing, posting here to see if others are experiencing it or if it's just my controller.

Started this morning after the reboot. Randomly the game seems to stop responding to my controller (no movement, no buttons seem to do anything, etc). The power light on the controller stays on and unplugged it then plugging it back in fixes it for a while.

During this issue the keyboard works as normal.

This also seems to happen pretty reliably if I tab out of the game and tab back in.

Running Windows 10 Enterprise, v1903.
    • Like x 1
  2. Charlieboy Well-Known Player

It's strange that I randomly noticed your thread cos I am having similar issues and thought I was going to have to replace my controller. I have noticed that it seems to be the new content where my xbox controller either stops responding or does random movement. Anyone else out there with an xbox controller having similar issues?
    • Like x 1
  3. Magnificent Loyal Player

I just decided to test your idea by logging into the Watchtower to test it out. At this time I got a phone call and had to look something up (I play in Windowed mode for things like that), when I came back my controller was no longer working. That means it's not content-specific.

My next step was to try running in full-screen mode. I played for an hour and a half with absolutely no issues. I ran the seasonal content (solo and group), the Vault, made numerous trips to may lair and WT, ran the new duo and used some Replays to do another run of Hawkgirl's mission of wanting me to assist T'Larto (4 missions) in Thanagar all in full-screen mode. Not a single issue.

Let me tl;dr that: In Windowed mode I would have the issue anywhere from 2 minutes to 15 minutes apart from one another, regardless of the content. When in full-screen mode I played an hour and a half with absolutely no problems, regardless of the content.
  4. Magnificent Loyal Player

So last night I logged in, full-screen, and the problem came back every couple of minutes.

Full-screen/Windowed is not the issue, apparently.
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Xbox One controller? Anyone seeing this with other controllers?
  6. Cyro Committed Player

Im getting on for xmas so ill be able to test on the 25th, really hope there isnt an issue.
  7. HeyItsSpeedy New Player

I have experienced this as well — i’m a PS4 user. I’ve been in alerts and raids, frozen in place and unable to move except change camera angle, for longer than I’d like when I’m supposed to be out there helping my teammates. On that note, it seems to affect my keyboard as well because I’m unable to tell them in chat that I’m having controller problems. Can’t even use virtual keyboard either. One time, I was able to break out by hitting R1, but other times, I just have to wait.
  8. Cypher Well-Known Player

There were reports of the October Update packages that broke controllers, have you done any windows updates lately?
    Also, are you connected via Cable, Bluetooth, or the Wireless Adapter for Windows from XBox?
    Are you installed via Steam or direct? Do you have NVidia GeForce experience installed?

It's more about eliminating the possible options that are taking the controller over while you are out of the game, than it being a game problem.
  9. Magnificent Loyal Player

Thanks for the response! It's been a few weeks since I updated to v1903 and I haven't updated to 1909 yet.

My controller is connected via USB.

I installed via Steam and I have GeForce Experience installed but I never use it.

Just downloaded a .NET update and will try turning off Experience after I reboot.
  10. Magnificent Loyal Player

Updated to v1909, rebooted, turned off GeForce Experience, same thing. :(
  11. dilans231 New Player

I think I've been experiencing the same issue with my old controller, that's why I've changed it and it's gone. Maybe it was all about connectors, or maybe because of hardware in controller itself.
  12. Magnificent Loyal Player

Yep.

I had some credit left in my Prime account so I ordered a new one (can't hurt to have a spare). It should be in Thursday, I'll see what happens.

Thanks for the response. [IMG]
  13. dilans231 New Player

There are a lot of choices in choosing even custom modded controllers , and if gamer wants any custom panels or maybe new color of the controller, it's pretty possible nowadays to do that. And all the modded controllers, as I know, have no problems with any console, and can react on your actions even faster.
  14. Magnificent Loyal Player

Update: New controller came in Thursday, have had no problems while using it. Looks like it was just a VERY strange issue with the controller.