I liked to say thank you for helping the cash capped at 3000

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by the solowing, Dec 10, 2019.

1. the solowing Steadfast Player

Thank you developers, I don't know who managed to get this through but that wo/man deserves a raise.
  2. Gro Level 30

I feel as if I missed something.
    • Like x 2
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This happened in August.
    • Like x 10
  4. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    When people’s definition of playing the game is limited to arguing in Hall of Doom shout chat they can be late to the party on changes to the game.
    • Like x 3
  5. Hraesvelg Always Right

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.

But we should totes treat their opinion about anything on here as vry srs bsns.
  6. Walvine Well-Known Player

Addition of an extra zero would be wonderful for maintaining mainframe with out repeat trips to recharge all 3 power cells .
    • Like x 3
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

hey I appreciate it dispite being late to the party
  8. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

This is regarding the cash cap for free and premium players?

You know, a little tip for free and premium players... a good way to store cash is via Soder Colas. It's much better than basically letting the cash go to escrow where you may never get it. They stack in your inventory and you can sell them back for exactly the same price.

Before I became legendary, after every instance I would spend most of my money on Soder Colas (saving just enough for repairs). Then, whenever I needed money, I'd just grab that amount I needed in Soder Colas, sell those off and buy whatever I needed right there, all from the same vendor.

The only limit to the amount of cash you can have on you is your actual inventory space. ;)
  9. fm0987 Committed Player

While I completely agree, doubtful this will happen as they've created this "friction" on purpose as the devs put it, to incentivize people to sub. Cus we all know that in game cash is one of, if not the main reason people subscribe (and access to content of course).
    • Like x 1
  10. fm0987 Committed Player

This and gear up bundle or whatever it's called (home turf, trinket pouch, shield weapon I believe) is all you need really if you don't mind running just the event versions of content only. Although admittedly my toon would be as powerful skill point wise having not subbed in the past.
  11. fm0987 Committed Player

To add to what I said before, a couple armories doesn't hurt either (not really necessary for events, but doesn't hurt having support roles if your group is iffy).
  12. fm0987 Committed Player

There's gear without durability?
  13. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

No problem!

Another tip: The different boxes of armor players got from the seizethethrone code were also a great source of cash. (Still redeemable today)

We were given about four complete sets of armor in total, I think. (Levels 5, 10, 15 and 20). The good thing was, it was all contained in one box. Basically open one box, you get a complete set of armor and a box for the next level up, and so on. The best thing was each piece in the set sells for like...$1,000? (It's been awhile, i could be mistaken) What I would do is open one box, sell off one piece and immediately spend that amount on Soder Colas for stacking. (Sell it all at once and the money goes into escrow) Rinse and repeat until the set was sold off. Due to limited inventory space, I wouldn't open the box for the next set until I needed a lot of cash at one time. In fact, I still have the Level 15 and 20 boxes in my bank for the day when I go back to being a premium player.

Unfortunately, the further we progress in the game, the need for cash gets less and less as later vendors need source marks , quarks or episode specific currency.
  14. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

the gear you speak of is about 1400 cash, ive got a couple premium accounts still holding to a gear piece or two.