Is Talon Strike working correctly?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by DaBeama, Dec 5, 2019.

1. DaBeama Well-Known Player

I got this artifact to 120. The description says it's a precision based ability but I see yellow ticks. Is this intended?
  2. DaBeama Well-Known Player

I would accept that except the first attack is also yellow.
    • Like x 1
  3. L T Devoted Player

yeah. it's weird that they're yellow, but they are precision based-- or at least they were on the test server.
  4. Batuba Developer

The yellow damage is associated to damage that comes from your bar and not because it's might based. Since only ever might abilities went on your bar before, this was automatically associated that it must mean its might damage... but its not. All damage from Talon Strike scales off your Precision stat, not your Might stat.

Hope this helps clarify :)
    • Like x 3
  5. DaBeama Well-Known Player

It does. Thanks.
  6. zVeNoMouSz New Player

I noticed when I apply bleed after 8 to 12 combo and watch my combat log, it shows talon strike as a DOT rather than bleed. I think if that was corrected, the actual talon strike would proc. Anyone else seeing this?
  7. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

While i hear what you're saying, you can see the confusion right? Before this have there been other tray powers that did yellow numbers off of prec? Is this like when old HL tray powers that was prec based...
  8. Chia Death Well-Known Player

I'm not sure what you mean... usually a bleed is just a type of DoT. Are you saying what the damage is actually labeled as in the combat log or they way it is dealing damage?
  9. zVeNoMouSz New Player

Exactly. The log reflects the DOT being labeled as Talon strike rather than bleed. I believe this is why talon strike is not properly proccing.
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

It is proccing correctly. Are you having an issue with the artifact? If so that what is the issue you are having?
  11. zVeNoMouSz New Player

When I do the 8 to 12 to set up bleed, log reflects dot damage as talon strike. I then get hit combo to 13 then try to proc talon strike but damage is proccing same amount as the bleed tick. My art is at 162 so 300% damage should proc harder.

Wouldn't the Dot be labeled bleed hit for x amount of damage? When these arts first came out I leveled to 160 withing a week.
  12. zVeNoMouSz New Player

I also like how the forums has me as a new player lol. I have been playing since 2012 but never post. Lol. I have 482 SP.

General question, does the talon strike proc off precision or might as I noted it's a yellow tick?
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Never had an issue with the 300% damage.

Best way to test it is to just hit it normally without doing anything. Get the base numbers for both a regular hit as well as a crit.

Than do your damage over time. And get back to 13 hit counter and get the damage of the talon strike. I’ve never had issues with not getting the bonus damage. Make sure hour damage over time is still ticking. And make sure that you have your parsers up to see the actual number
  14. zVeNoMouSz New Player

I will test it again. I like trying to use artifacts that are not popular. Precision players swear on vwd, strategist card, and transformation card. While I have those all at 160 or above, I want to be different. I will post after I test.
  15. zVeNoMouSz New Player

Still inconsistent. Yes its hitting but on average, its what EMP already hits for. They need to make it 300% max damage rather than base damage. I notice it procs more with trans card which is counter intuitive is the proc is suppose to be base damage not crit damage.