Money glitch?? Please explain to old man.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dwild, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Dwild Well-Known Player

I know this is going to sound dumb but I'm pushing 70 and teetering on the edge of age induced dementia. I pretty much just play the game to see DC action and wonder at the beautiful, bizarre, and sometimes outright hilarious styles. I know we've been having really weird finance problems with absurd Hundred Million prices getting charged for items we used to see going for a few thousand. (Saw an old collection piece that drops in open Metro on the market for 150 Million bucks the other day.)
    BUT...could someone explain exactly what this "Money Glitch" I've been reading about on the forums is? Know about Gold farmers and such but really don't have a basis to judge what the heck has been going on recently.
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Explaining a glitch, cheat or exploit is against the game's terms of service.
  3. Dwild Well-Known Player

Didn't know that (or didn't remember). I do know whatever it is or was sort of exploded over the last few months. Just was seeing the term used and wondered if it was a factual "glitch" in the game program or just a bunch of people taking financial advantages. To quote the late Emily Latella (first seasons of SNL, the sweet and lamented Gilda Radner character...I am old as I mentioned)...."Never mind!"
  4. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

basically people found an exploit, got greedy, crashed the economy, and are getting banned/suspended

The rest of us will probably also have to pay the price for their greed in some manner or other (cash reset/restrictions etc.)
    • Like x 2
  5. Swamarian Committed Player

Presumably, it's a way to duplicate money.
    Here's an example. I trade you a street sign for a million dollars. You cancel the deal, and keep your money. I, on the other hand, get the million dollars, and keep my sign. You then offer me a matchbook, and I pay the million dollars I just got from you. We cancel the deal, and we're now both a million dollars richer than when we started. Keep this up, doubling the cash each time, and you can reach ludicrous amounts of money quickly.

Disclaimer: I have no idea how they did it in real life, and am only a premium player, so I can hit my cash cap just by selling a LX-254 Electric Harmonica for legitimate prices.