Wassup w the base items in all briefs?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dark Soldier, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

This is the second maybe even third dlc where its been like this.. now im not gonna say that nobody wants these items because that’s definitely not the case... but can we all agree that getting styles was alot better
    • Like x 4
  2. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

id be happier if they found a balance with base items and styles as rewards... not that I personally worry about the style aspect of things that much but comeon how hard is it to balance this stuff out.
    • Like x 2
  3. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Mathematically speaking, considering you can have ten different style items saved to an armory and up to 4 armories available for switching, a person can only utilize 40 styles at a given time whereas they can be utilizing up to 500 base items per base. The odds of a player actually using the collection/briefing/investigation reward as opposed to it ending up as more text in a list is much higher with base items than with style pieces.
  4. tukuan Devoted Player

I prefer a mix of the two but gun to my head I'd rather base items. I find that I generally don't use one-off styles and more use complete sets. More to the point we've been consistently getting secondary styles in the second and third wave vendor rewards.
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

This math is only valid for those who favor base decorating over style changing. While I can only switch to 4 armories at any given time, I have 16 armories in my base just for styles, and they get changed pretty often.

I play the game more for style hunting than anything else...so when we get two Episodes back to back with this many base items as rewards from briefings and investigations with only two styles to go for overall...yeah, i'm going to be highly disappointed...no matter what your math says.
    • Like x 3
  6. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I'm quite tired of all the crappy base items for rewards
  7. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I want bad*** styles that are based on the DLC, imagine a Barbados style for rewards, but did we get that or anything remotely close to it? Naw just more garbage base items
  8. Marek Committed Player

I'd prefer styles myself. The only things I put in my bases (which I just use 2 dives btw, and located at the same spot which makes for fast teleporting between the 2) is the amenities. I know some people like the base decorating aspect but to me, it's just ugh... lol
  9. Dene Devoted Player

That is such a cool way to do things.. I only went to a bigger base because of Amenities - now i can go back to a dive :) or 2 lol

Thanks for the tip
    • Like x 1
  10. Marek Committed Player

It's been awhile since I used 2 regular bases but with 2 dives at the same location, if I remember correctly, did allow a faster teleport between the 2. I know the chat screen and everything stays on the screen when doing that. Dont remember if it did when teleporting between 2 regular bases or not .... but anyway your welcome
  11. Miss Adora Loyal Player

would be nice if we can go in our base inventory and delete the ones we don't want or make it easier to scroll through all them.
    • Like x 1
  12. Dwild Well-Known Player

Speaking generally on Base Items, could I please suggest the Devs make some relatively Medium sized Base items? I loved the way some of the Atlantis Base items and Amazon items look but they're sometimes so freaking HUGE you can only put them in one room! (Those Atlantis Crabby things were the size of Tiger Tanks! We actually have Tank items that are smaller!) Most of the Statuary items look like they've been stolen from downtown Rome or a museum. The one where it stretches from the bottom level basement to the roof of the third level. I know the really big ones look nice in League Halls and that's fine. But could they allow us to purchase these base items and maybe let us choose Small, Medium or Large instead of "One Size (doesn't!) fit all!" They did something like that with the Aquaman busts...that was nice. But we still have base items that can't fit in three quarters of the bases! (And art works for walls that only have a millimeter clearance or two before you bump into a stanchion or a post; some you can fit into one style of base but not in another.)
  13. Dwild Well-Known Player

Oh...and could you put some of those Golden Amazon Statues from Themiscira out there? With the different weapons? They look gorgeous....a lot nicer than Evil Mayor Gordon Statues.
  14. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

and see this is why I hope they balance things out a bit, they usually have 6 or so briefings investigations and collections....so how hard would it be to do 3 base items and 3 styles? it would appease those who play "dress me up Barbie" and those who aspire to be Martha stewart and deco bases...... and that's a good thing!
    • Like x 1
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i hate getting marks as a reward for completing a collection or briefing.
    • Like x 1
  16. Marek Committed Player

While I agree, creating a bunch of new base items is probably a lot easier than creating a bunch of new styles for every dlc, just guessing but I wouldn't doubt if that's the issue. I would prefer the styles myself tho.
  17. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

well Marek they do design new styles for every dlc but lately they have been attached to the vendor, so I don't really accept that as a legitimate reason, altho valid point made it probably is easier to just derp off base items.
  18. Marek Committed Player

Ya the the vendor gear. But styles from briefings/investigations/collections too, I dont know. Like I said I'd like to see it, wish they would, but sometimes it feels like they wanna do as little as possible and profit off of that.
  19. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

well like most ppl yeah they do want the most out of little effort, I just don't see why they cant figure out a balanced approach to stuff especially here where id say its split as to preference of BI/STL....a balanced approach would give something for style and base hunters alike to go after the collectibles with a real want for the reward. me personally I like base items, I deco bases, don't really care overmuch on style.....
  20. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

We do get Plenty of base items all the time but styles mainly comes from time capsules so making briefings reward styles Is So much better in my mind that base items for the nth-metal time :p
    • Like x 1