DEVS: Glad to see something is happening

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Time for the obligatory "can I have your stuff?"....ahem.

So can I have your stuff?

Reinheld
    • Like x 4
  2. michgal89 New Player

Am telling everyone the people who where saved from permanent ban and only 14 day suspension should be happy. Now for the actual banned people, I think dev should have open season of name grabs. Just food for thought.
  3. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

Two weeks is too short (even if first time offenders).
    • Like x 1
  4. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

The 2 week suspended people should honestly come back to empty inventories and banks IMO.

Honestly at this point it's gone too far. Not wiping the cash in game would be a mistake because all the people who keep the money will keep the broker prices inflated.

Setup a shared bank cash system, wipe the broker and the cash and set price caps in the broker.
    Collections = X amount
    Base items = X amount
    So on so forth.
    • Like x 2
  5. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

TL;DR - Making money on the broker is not against the rules. Don't be so entitled that you wish harm on people who are able to succeed where you couldn't.

New player, probably upset that he or she didn't have a decent amount of money, and is angry at people who've played longer and spent wisely. Not everyone believed/knew there was a glitch. This game is super old, and the developers aren't dumb. I thought that they would have already known about and fixed a glitch/loophole like this ages ago. Less than 5% of people read the forums or have Trade Chat open (it's not a default tab/view). If you have the means to thrive in an inflated market, there's nothing wrong with that if you aren't exploiting the glitch that you don't even know about. It's not against the rules to use the broker to make money.

When I started last year, I was in awe of people in the 100s of millions and in the Billionaires Club. I was like, "How do they make that much money? That's totally crazy." But instead of hating on them, I asked around, watched advice videos on YouTube, and used basic business knowledge. Then I learned about using the "Alternate Army" from Brit some time ago, and made even more money. Then Crescent Moon shared a video on how to "Broker Snipe." The resources are there for you to make money.

Don't be entitled and expect everything to be handed out to you. Go out and get it done.

(PS: No, as of this posting I haven't been suspended or banned. I wouldn't ever participate in glitching/exploiting/cheating in this game. One, because I don't have any desire to cheat. Two, I put in way too much time into this game for me to want to risk my characters. And three, my husband would ban me from the PlayStation if I got his PSN account banned from a game.)
  6. MrMigraine Devoted Player

This is a really interesting time to be playing DCUO.

If Metal Part II launches tomorrow without the ability to trade for cash or buy things off the broker, it will be the Wild Wild West out there, with people trading item for item instead of cash, bartering in the same way we see many of our Premium brothers and sisters do.

But if we revert to a barter system, what is the point of having cash at all? What would be the point of a subscription without a meaningful and reasonable way to spend one's inordinate amount of cash?

There's a part of me that thinks the devs might not revert the Trade/Broker options until after the weekend, just to see how we behave...
    • Like x 1
  7. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

Bartering!? There's a reason every civilized society ditched that and has adopted currency!

Savages! Savages! Barely even....

Anyway, I'm pretty sure they'll bring it all back. They're just dealing with the current fiasco. The game would be incredibly inconvenient without the ability to trade amongst ourselves or use the broker.
  8. TemporalHawk Well-Known Player

I think they should keep it this way for a month or so and also not let people trade thru mail or anything not only to adjust economy but to starve out the gold sellers
  9. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i'd hate to lose the broker longterm but you really don't need the trade function at all. last time i traded with another player was during our T4 days. i dont remember what plan i traded for that vita coler 4 plan it was either might 4 or might/prec 4 but it left me feeling so gross that i dont think ive used the trade function at all since then. we weren't doing anything shady but the person i traded with acted like nothing but. its just unnecessary and lends to the hustle mentality some players bring to the game.
  10. Ice master187 Active Player

I'm glad they finally addressed this issue I feel like the actual glitchers should b permanently banned . I dont want to see a money reset because it's not fair to us legit grinders I have 11 toons and grind my but off and have 2.6b atm all legit
  11. Isif Committed Player

At least while you are inconvenienced you will have new content to keep you distracted. Maybe folks will be running content tomorrow instead of playing Broker. All is not lost. I'll happily burn glitched billions at the altar of Barbatos tomorrow.
  12. Hraesvelg Always Right

At least in the US where price gouging laws are in effect, it generally applies to life sustaining items (food, shelter, clothing, gasoline, medical supplies, etc.) in an emergency situation. I don't think there's any way you could try to stretch anything on the broker being comparable to anything like that. Even if you want to try to put a real world lens on things, the broker items would be closer to luxury items. You might was well tell Ferrari and Luis Vuitton that they can't charge as much as they want for their respective products.

There are only a small fraction of players that actually use the forums and pay enough attention to the markets to KNOW that there was something hinky going on with inflation, so if you start sweeping everyone selling something for inflated prices, you'll get a LOT of innocent people in that net.
    • Like x 1
  13. Proxystar #Perception

DC already did open your account, then they banned you ;)
    • Like x 6
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Anyone that was selling items for multiple billions was watching trade at least, and unless they were fresh off the boat and fell into a 1 billion+ item on their first TC, they had been watching it long enough to know something was hinky. Yeah, those who watch the forums were more in the know, but the nonsense has been being broadcast for 2 weeks now in trade/shout and even LFG chats. I don't buy that anyone was ignorant of the problem unless they have no public chats up, and those users would be the ones listing lowball items in the broker that were getting scooped up in a second. If it were simply a matter of someone selling a few things for 50-60 million where they were 10 million a week before...maybe...but I don't believe those people would have caught a ban either. I know a few people in game who were not banned and have a few billion and were actively selling items at 2 or 3x their normal rate (exos, collections, etc) via the broker without issue. I don't believe this 'babe in the woods' theory that someone didn't know what's up...AND knew to charge 10 or 20x the going rate....it's one or the other, not both.

Reinheld
  15. Hraesvelg Always Right

There were plenty of people that weren't paying attention to what was going on, pricewise, that just go in and undercut whatever is floating around and don't know what the going rate is. I had someone ask me a couple of days ago if I had noticed prices in the broker seemed to be getting higher...he only noticed in the past day or so something seemed a bit off.

Yeah, the people selling chromas in trades obviously knew something was wonky. The person I was responding to was trying to imply just about anyone selling items for inflated amounts (not limiting to the super-mega ticket items) might be considered breaking TOS for price gouging. I was just pointing out that if you try to paint with THAT broadly of a brush, you'll get a lot of people that have seen dollar signs but don't necessarily have the acumen of the more keyed-in players. I'm basically trying to say that there should be a mens rea before a really harsh penalty it meted out.
  16. Dene Devoted Player

I understand you are angry for being banned but It was clearly said, that if you feel things are unfair then write to mepps or submit a ticket.. he will review things for you

Please don't take your anger out on others.. they did not ban you or force you to do anything you've done in game
  17. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

Unpopular opinion time...

The thing that people need to realize is that, if in the last 2-3 months you've sold or traded anything. You have glitched/exploited money.
  18. Dene Devoted Player

You took advantage then?

good for you.. but sometimes things disguised as advantage are actually a disadvantage in the long run.. consequences are a thing, even in this game..

If you are truly innocent then nothing will happen.. game has a 100% right to be cautios
  19. Dedikated6 Well-Known Player

Litterally just got back from my annual 3 month break from this game last friday, Didnt check forums, nothing, straight cold turkey. get on the game and every thing is high $$ af. i had hella stabilizers opened some tc's and made alot of money . then I was like whytf is everything 99999999999999 ?! im like dam how all these items going crazy like that i was confused and jealous honestly lol . proceeds to check forums and see its a glitch going on. didnt log on since sunday night.Hella busy at work . and now im here checking the forums see its a ban/suspension whatever going down lol sweating bullets thinking i got suspened aswell ecause i made money i was gonna be beyond P'd off but im good just finished running bb
    • Like x 1
  20. Blue Hope New Player

Update for those curious:
    - throughout the day I've heard multiple people say that Mepps' PM on the forums and discord have been disabled and produce an error message. someone feel free to test
    - ticket responses have included the description "either using or benefiting from a technical issue." Benefiting being the key problem with so many people getting hit. So no, everyone currently suspended didn't do the glitch.
    • Like x 2