Devs pls pls pls Stop putting feat on TimeCapsule in future and onwards

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mr Nab, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Mr Nab New Player

No more feat pls on time capsule..especially the one involve getting 1000 collections...plssssssssssssss i begggg u guys..
    • Like x 14
  2. PREDET0R New Player

oh yea please do make this reality. We all had enough with all the feat in TC...
    • Like x 3
  3. The Anxient Loyal Player

Good luck. People have been asking for this to stop since the capsules came out.
    • Like x 8
  4. Zneeak Devoted Player

As long as there's enough whales derpy enough to keep spending on them, it probably won't stop.
    • Like x 7
  5. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I agree stop the feats. I thought they suppose to cool extra styles we can get if we so dire to?
    • Like x 2
  6. Rev erse New Player

They should rather add rare stuff that actually looks cool (not like the latest ones) that doesnt have feats attached to it.
    I´m pretty sure a lot of people would still open them just to get the styles they want and not for the feat points that are just a cheap excuse and are beyond ridiculous nowadays. Simultaneously they would lower the prices of those items because they wouldn´t be demanded that much (due to no feat attachment).
  7. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

I would prefer this as well, but... I understand the need to entice people to spend money.

1. Remove feats from Time Capsules, lose a lot of sales, don't make enough money to pay for the game's maintenance and staff, and end up closing shop, and the game is shut down.

2. Keep it as is (average of 1 to 3 SP per Capsule, a marginal stat gain), make enough money to pay the staff well for their good work, and keep the game going.

I'll go with option 2.
    • Like x 5
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The people opening 500-600+ Capsules say otherwise with their dollars. Money speaks LOUDER than words. ;):oops:
    • Like x 6
  9. Lugo Well-Known Player

Good work doing another Gotham/CC DLC? LOL
    Devs are lazy, it's the only reason why they depend on exploiting their players so much with these TCs. If the devs actually did good work the content would be the money maker, not these predatory loot boxes. Just make a good game.
    • Like x 3
  10. majosea Dedicated Player

stop defending the devs on time capsules and feats . ....
    but if remove feats from them then the game shut down ------ there was a time when loot boxes was not in the game . its was not shut down then ,

here some facts -
    1 time capsules caused players to quit the game .,
    2 devs spend move time on time capsules then content , -another reason players left the game
    -as it stands dc end game content is dead to me , i run the events sometimes - overall ,
    I'm just player looking for new games to play.
    because when i leave the game for good its because time capsules . and the other paywalls that came after the revamp . and no one can have my stuff , but the stuff will just sit there and rot, yes just like the lanch icon for dc on my desktop
    • Like x 1
  11. nawanda Loyal Player

DCUO is run on a scorched earth business model, take what you can get out of your customers as quickly as you can and to hell with the long term consequences.

If I had to guess I would say their license is up sometime in the next year or two and that will be that. They will be out of a job, and the game will be gone. No wonder they never fix anything that doesn’t affect short term cashflow. They can’t even provide a consistent account of who owns their company, no wonder we have so little transparency.
    • Like x 1
  12. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

What he said. As long as they're making money off of this, they're not going to stop.
    • Like x 1
  13. Raven Roth Committed Player

Devs:

• Like x 1
  14. DIIV New Player

Yea just make the game better to make money...They already selling almost everything in the game..Gear, Feat, Style, Catalyst, xp, MARKS, and Maybe IN-GAME MONEY too who knows....everything that you need to get by actually playing the game/content they had it sold...this is getting ridiculous man...

What fun about this game back in the day is playing it to get feat in PVE and PVP...now u can just buy it from TC...even a Gear u can just bought it from that Quarks Vendor...Its a choice i know..but still they just make people play the contents less.

AND selling those source marks, my god how well they plan all that wayyyyyyy ahead when they make Only relevant cr can get those source marks on older content then end up selling it.

If this TC feat kept on going, it surely gonna have bad effects later on the game and i agreed when someone said to make it ONLY 1 SP per TC. Better something then nothing. Don't get greedy.
    • Like x 1
  15. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

Those of you hating on the game and its creators are like those people who hate attractive people who stream or post pictures on Instagram, and they get money for looking good. They're just doing what's available to them to make a living. If there's anyone to blame, it's the "thirsty" people who throw money at those people, thus making a market for attractive people to play video games while looking good.

Don't blame the people giving the market what it wants, blame the people making there be a market in the first place (the whales and addicts).
  16. Brit Loyal Player

I have never spent one cent of real life money on a time capsule. I only barely "work the broker" and have never once purchased an item with the intent of re-selling it, only buying items I actually need to use and selling items that I did not need or care about.

By using the simple in-game mechanics and a handful of workarounds, and investing about 15-20 minutes daily into my routine, I have over half of the Time Capsule collections completed. It honestly is not hard nor expensive.

I like the feats. They're optional, far in excess of what we actually need for our role, so if I don't get them I don't need to stress about it, but if I do get one, then that gets me off the hook for a different gameplay feat that I didn't want to bother with, like some of the grindy Legends PvE stuff. I think options are good.
    • Like x 2
  17. nawanda Loyal Player

Wow.
    • Like x 3
  18. Tainted0Love Well-Known Player

Addiction based game play, it's a 30B dollar a year market. With the average gamer being 34 years of age it's tough to argue that it's aimed at children, though children do get caught up in the effect of anticipating a prized reward.

While I do find the pandering to those with addictive personality traits very distasteful the commercial industry is largely based on it. So much so that they create the need/reward through carefully crafted advertisements.

I've opened a few capsules from the in game earned fragment key things, but have largely been disappointed with the results. The "Assassin Artificer's Capsule" was the exception as that granted the "Eyes of the Dusk" which lets you collect items each day to unlock artifacts. And you only needed to open one of them.

As far as the clothing styles, house decorations, and the like it's all garbage in my opinion that adds nothing to my game play.

Want to get me sucked into the game add missions and I mean by the thousands. These DLC's that offer 4-8 daily missions with a couple instances are just ok. The battles have all become a constant task of getting control of your character back long enough to be able to set off a power attack. Seems every attack from any boss is an AoE interrupt that is quite honestly boring. Bring back some tactics and creativity.

Reduce the rarity of collections, have all mobs drop collection pieces on occasion, and do something about PvP.

Since I mentioned PvP a strong penalty should be imposed in open world if a massively over powered player attacks a significantly lower player. Or maybe the weaker players mentor steps in and removes the disadvantage. Say something like if Lex is your mentor he gives you a power suit, Superman gives you sunstone power, or whatever to bring the lesser player stats to the same level as the attackers... just a thought.

Anyway the gambling component of the capsules is a turn off for me, but if you can enjoy them responsibly then have it. Sorry addicts get help and take control over yourself.
    • Like x 1
  19. DIIV New Player

yea those feat are optional..wait till they realize it...when those TC feat combine finally get over 100sp or more and player in-game don't actually really need it...they gonna change those things. Make SP super important again, without it end-game content will be impossible to beat. Just to force us to get those feat. Those thing can happen, i believe they slowly plan toward that direction given how much SP been in game right now.

TBH lost of few veteran players and new players can't keep up is what worries that game gonna die because of it.
  20. zor ile Well-Known Player

been an advocate of this since the beginning of tc. We don't need them in tc period. and fix the money glitch reset the money to 200mill across the board. please thanks