Well done!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by STsource, Nov 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

How many suckers are out there still buying stabilizers to strike it rich while a good amount of items are fetching millions while the economy is circling the drain? Actually hundreds of millions to billions in some cases for a few items. That 2-3 billion price tag I'm sure has a few of the addicts here popping TCs like mad to hit that jackpot LoL. They were willing to drop 2-500 bucks when items were only worth a few hundred million. I'm scared to think what some are spending right now. Then on the other side you have people selling DC cash illegally for cheaper than ever out in the open on Trade Chat. This game is beyond messed up right now.
    • Like x 3
  2. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I stopped buying stabilizers, not that i buy many to begin with, and have been reluctant to use the broker since all of this starting going on.
    • Like x 4
  3. Luke® Level 30

I honestly don't see why you leaving the game warranted a post on the forums but okay.
    • Like x 1
  4. ALB Dedicated Player

Seen a player selling 250 billion for a 100 cash app. More players are going to TC since the broker prices are outrageous
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

yeah, right now there's not a lot of developer incentive - from a monetary aspect - to stop whatever's happening. if people can't afford broker items they'll use the gambly capsules, which hey - they're definitely doing right now.
  6. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

If people are glitching money they have incentive.
    • Like x 1
  7. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I been since 2011 2 days after F2P happened, and if they dint actually punish exploiters this round I'm deleting the game for good.
    • Like x 2
  8. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

to keep it from pissing of the playerbase? sure.

but if you - as a person - had a choice between 3 bill for an item or spending 10 bucks in gambly tickets to see if you luck out, well.

go work a counter at a gas station for a month - not everyone is gonna come up to you for lotto, but that guy that does? is gonna be there five times a week, laying money down, just for the chance of a payout. it's very much a gambling addiction mentality issue.
    • Like x 1
  9. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

If glitched money is bought and sold people arent opening capsules. Its the same as buying from gold sites. They'll never have to open caps. They're just bypassing that. DB loses money.
  10. Brit Loyal Player

Quitting an MMO because you don't like the RNG. lol.

This younger generation has no idea what it was like. I remember playing Everquest when boss mobs only spawned once per week. You needed to assemble a raid of 50+ people to kill them. You need to kill them before a different group did, because there was no instancing and it was direct competition. And then IF your group was successful, and IF the boss dropped the RNG item you needed, you still needed to win a roll-off against dozens of other players who wanted it.

We had layers of RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG that were then on top of dumb luck. DCUO gives players individual loot off of every boss, plus lootboxes, with individual instancing, non competition boss-fights, non competition loot drops, and daily/weekly resets.

We ran the same raids for years without ever getting the stuff we wanted. You'll have to forgive me if I don't have room for you to cry on my shoulder because two weeks after a lootbox is introduced, you haven't already got the rarest items out of it.
    • Like x 4
  11. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

The chances of you getting the new rare for 10 dollars is slim to none. So thats not a valid argument. People would just spend a set amount and buy the money to buy the rare item. That's the problem.
  12. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

This is not even what people are voicing their general concerns about. We know rng exists. We're talking about the broken economy and an apparent glitch happening on top of rampant gold sellers.
    • Like x 2
  13. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Yeah, but if the rare item's not on the Broker and everything is flooded with fake money, would you rather pay for 3 billion in spammer cash at $.50 / 10M (+10% discount if you order NOW) or spend 10 bucks for a shot at it, and still actually have something in hand when you were done? Who knows, you might hit the big time twice... And if you did hit the big time, twice, you'd have your item and a spare, and that's worth 3 billion or more right now...

See where that's going? I'm not spending 150 bucks on spam cash for a rare item, or even 50, to be frank, but you could talk me out of 10 bucks on a maybe pretty easily. So it's probably generating as much business as it's killing right now.
  14. CrimsonWizard713 New Player

• Like x 1
  15. CrimsonWizard713 New Player

16. CrimsonWizard713 New Player

Sorry for above posts. Trying to understand the forum set ups and how to do things. I too, am from Everquest. EQOA That is. I was just trying to point out that the difference between RNG there and here, is the fact that in EQOA all we did was pay a monthly fee. The RNG here is based on Micro-transactions above and beyond the already paid monthly fee. This was all this old timer was trying to say, while trying to understand how to properly reply to a comment on this forum.
    • Like x 1
  17. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

You're not. But you dont think others aren't? We'll agree to disagree. Something is going on and the economy needs a lot of help. That's all i know for sure.
  18. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Idk about you, but I'd rather spend the 3bil vs 10 RL $ and get the item I want vs waste 10 and never get the item.
  19. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

If I had the 3 bil, I'd spend it if I really wanted the item. But I'm not going to buy 3 bil off a gold spammer... so that leaves me TCs (and I won't pay for them either, so just the TCs I can open from the stabilizer event). If the TCs don't come through, there's always Booster Gold in a couple of years, so I will get the item eventually (assuming I still want it by then).
  20. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

I like this post on SO many levels. But the most salient point made here is the need for patience in an MMO. The "grind" is simply part of the DNA of any MMO and the IMPATIENCE of players who must have the rarest, most powerful items almost immediately indicates (to me) that MMOS may NOT be their thing.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.